PJ USING BACKING TRACKS “LIVE”

If you notice, they’re using backing tracks now. Not 100% live. Notice Ed’s vocals. At the end of DOTC... vocals coming out, Ed away from the microphone!... On Quick Escape, backing vocals, no one on the mic!! Disappointing, IMHO. 

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    edited September 2021
    If you notice, they’re using backing tracks now. Not 100% live. Notice Ed’s vocals. At the end of DOTC... vocals coming out, Ed away from the microphone!... On Quick Escape, backing vocals, no one on the mic!! Disappointing, IMHO. 

He is singing. He's using a loop. Josh Klinghoffer is doing backup vocals during that as well. That would be hard to do live unless they had backup singers 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    Using a vocal loop. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    igotid88 said:

He is singing. He's using a loop. Josh Klinghoffer is doing backup vocals during that as well. That would be hard to do live unless they had backup singers 
    Yup. Do your homework Beavis! Haha! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Just like Arc. Unless that disappointed you as well.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    Just like Arc. Unless that disappointed you as well.
    He obviously never saw KT Tunstall do Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
    I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,126
    edited September 2021
    THIS IS PAUL STANLEY ON THE KISS END OF THE ROAD TOUR ALL OVER AGAIN.

JUST LET GENE HAVE SOME MORE SONGS IN THE SETLIST INSTEAD OF HOGGING UP THE MIC AND LIPSYNCING TO LOVE GUN

AAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

M. Ward used loops pretty damn cool when I saw him a million years ago

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    Who cares.  It’s not like he’s dancing on stage to a backing vocals track lip syncing

If some backing track here and there is going to help the live experience then so be it.  How else do you expect Eddie to be able to sing many difficult PJ songs for the next 20 years
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Is this a real post?!? Wow. 🤦‍♂️
  • I am all for getting experimental with loops, and Arc-like vocal things and whatnot, 

But these kind pf posts scare me:

Who cares.  It’s not like he’s dancing on stage to a backing vocals track lip syncing

If some backing track here and there is going to help the live experience then so be it.  How else do you expect Eddie to be able to sing many difficult PJ songs for the next 20 years

We are moving the goalposts down a scary, scary road now Jamily.

It doesn't get Eddie Scarier than this. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,541
    I am all for getting experimental with loops, and Arc-like vocal things and whatnot, 

a post on a message board scares you?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,394
    It’s a looper.  You ever heard Ed do hard sun live?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Who cares.  It’s not like he’s dancing on stage to a backing vocals track lip syncing

How is using any type of pre recorded backing track, not performed live, helping a “live experience”? In what way?
  • I was there, ed’s vocals were great. Its ok, some people don't understand the nature of harmonies and backing vocals.  
    my buddy is a musician and he does this thing where he plays all the guitar parts and a drum part and 3 part harmonies, all in succession, until he gets them all in the loop to play the main song. it's pretty cool. it's not "using backing tracks", it's using your live tracks on a loop. 

www.headstonesband.com

How is using any type of pre recorded backing track, not performed live, helping a “live experience”? In what way?
    It s not a pre recording track, it s a loop.  However pre recorded tracks have been used for years by Pearl Jam.  Hard sun and severed hand are two examples. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    edited September 2021
    I left after DOTC.  Very disappointed in the pre-recorded vocals. A travesty of epic proportions or so I thought at the time.  If not for the fence I would have walked straight into the ocean.   Now I realize I was wrong.  Oops.  
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,835
    #gutted
    Show me you know nothing about making music without telling me.
    I left after DOTC.  Very disappointed in the pre-recorded vocals. A travesty of epic proportions or so I thought at the time.  If not for the fence I would have walked straight into the ocean.   Now I realize I was wrong.  Oops.  
    LOL #takethelongway

www.headstonesband.com

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680

A loop pedal is no different than any other guitar pedal.  I’m not sure that’s the answer you’re looking for tho.  
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    edited September 2021
    I love this board.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I left after DOTC.  Very disappointed in the pre-recorded vocals. A travesty of epic proportions or so I thought at the time.  If not for the fence I would have walked straight into the ocean.   Now I realize I was wrong.  Oops.  
    Jesus, you all take this so seriously and to heart, it's a God damn concert with a band you enjoy.  Some shows (particularly outside events) may require more producing.  You left after the first song, after all that money you paid?  I live in NJ and don't like festival shows, so I sat this one out.  Wow, just wow.  
    Jesus, you all take this so seriously and to heart, it's a God damn concert with a band you enjoy.  Some shows (particularly outside events) may require more producing.  You left after the first song, after all that money you paid?  I live in NJ and don't like festival shows, so I sat this one out.  Wow, just wow.  
    Bootlegger typed that with pure sarcasm.  I know that because he was crying his eyes out when wishlist was played.  Case in point, he didn’t leave. It was a joke. ;)
  • I left after DOTC.  Very disappointed in the pre-recorded vocals. A travesty of epic proportions or so I thought at the time.  If not for the fence I would have walked straight into the ocean.   Now I realize I was wrong.  Oops.  
    “Wow, just wow.”  Those are the exact words I said to the person next to me who was ignorantly enjoying those vocals coming from a machine.  I wondered to myself how much better life might be if I could just set aside such injustices.  I paid for a ticket after all.  

But turns out it was a looper.  You win some, you lose some.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,992
    edited September 2021
    You forgot sarcasm font. Ed Matt Mike Stone Jeff Boom would have sent Josh to save you from the icy Atlantic.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Bootlegger typed that with pure sarcasm.  I know that because he was crying his eyes out when wishlist was played.  Case in point, he didn’t leave. It was a joke. ;)
    Wishlist was awesome.  The tag was beautiful. Perfect night and location for that tune.   

I loved Norm’s humor.  Would say he was my favorite comedian.  
  • Loujoe said:
    You forgot sarcasm font. Ed Matt Mike Stone Jeff Boom would have sent Josh to save you from the icy Atlantic.
    Ha.  Was hoping the ocean comment would make sure people knew it was a joke.  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,126
    edited September 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wishlist was awesome.  The tag was beautiful. Perfect night and location for that tune.   

I loved Norm’s humor.  Would say he was my favorite comedian.  
    Conan pointed out that Norm and Bob Dylan says "TV" the same way -- "the teVeeee"
  • I am all for getting experimental with loops, and Arc-like vocal things and whatnot, 

The worry shouldn't be whether a post like that scares me. But rather - why it doesn't scare you.
    I am all for getting experimental with loops, and Arc-like vocal things and whatnot, 

The worry shouldn't be whether a post like that scares me. But rather - why it doesn't scare you.
    good lord.  

www.headstonesband.com