2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 962
    is vedpunks post going over everyone's head?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    Got my attention 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 297

But, but, but band x announced shows! So?

But, but, but I like to travel to shows and want to plan my travel! So?

But, but, but their schedule doesn’t work with my work/kids/life/vacation schedule! So?

But,but, but I liked the old dates better! So?

But, but, but I decided Covid wasn’t a thing anymore like 6 months ago!  So?

But, but, but I held on to my tickets for 2 years! So? 

But, but, but I’ve been a fan since 1991! So?

Please fill me on any of those items that are any band’s problem. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again.  It’s transactional. We pay money, they give us music.  That’s it, that’s the deal.  Shelling out a few bucks gets a couple hours of their time.  It doesn’t not get you part ownership and it doesn’t entitle to a penny more than what you paid for.

If only Pearl Jam would say something like this. 
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 322
    Clapper said:
    Manu117 said:
    I'm getting to the point that I think TM resale should be enabled so we fans can at least have the option to resell their tickets and get compensation for their loyalty and frustration (and 2+ years of interest).

@Clapper please don't respond, I already know you think PJ can do no wrong and fans are entitled to nothing but a refund.  S'all good.
    Imagine tagging someone and saying “please don’t respond”. You’re definitely the guy who licks his plate clean at a restaurant and then asks for his money back because it didn’t taste good.  The band can do plenty of wrong.  I just can’t believe actual adult humans think a band that postponed a tour because of a plague think they are entitled to anything other than the two options they’ve been given  of a rescheduled show or your money back. One or the other  makes people whole. The mention of interest on money you’ve been offered to have refunded repeatedly is hilarious. Please compensate me for my choices!   Thinking you’re entitled to anything other than the show or the refund  isn’t even delusional. It’s straight up Concert Karen loser shit.  

Please tag me again when you start your “official petition to play my back yard on the date of my choosing  because the band didn’t check with me  to see if the tour schedule works for me it’s not faaaaaaaaair” thread. 

But, but, but their schedule doesn’t work with my work/kids/life/vacation schedule! So?

Please fill me on any of those items that are any band’s problem. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again.  It’s transactional. We pay money, they give us music.  That’s it, that’s the deal.  Shelling out a few bucks gets a couple hours of their time.  It doesn’t not get you part ownership and it doesn’t entitle to a penny more than what you paid for.  

Stay mad

This might be the best post on the 204+ page thread so far.  Thank you for posting this!
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 883
    ComeToTX said:
    Got my attention 
    Sorry, my attempt at a joke didn’t stick the landing.  I would do anything for a proper Austin show though. 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    vedpunk said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Got my attention 
    Sorry, my attempt at a joke didn’t stick the landing.  I would do anything for a proper Austin show though. 
    I've been over here like, "Maybe they do Dallas on 9/18, then OKC on 9/20 and Denver on 9/22?"
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Concert Karen is funny as hell lol. Your response makes a lot of sense.  Well played @Clapper
    I dated Concert Karen in Collage.  Believe or not she dumped me.  
    Let me guess, she dumped you Because she was a spelling bee champion and it irked her you couldn’t spell college correctly?
    Lol, good catch bro,  no, she took me to her church, had a bad case of the giggles and was asked to leave.   She was embarrassed and I walked home alone. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,320
    kosteva2 said:
    Clapper said:
    Manu117 said:
    I'm getting to the point that I think TM resale should be enabled so we fans can at least have the option to resell their tickets and get compensation for their loyalty and frustration (and 2+ years of interest).

@Clapper please don't respond, I already know you think PJ can do no wrong and fans are entitled to nothing but a refund.  S'all good.
    Imagine tagging someone and saying “please don’t respond”. You’re definitely the guy who licks his plate clean at a restaurant and then asks for his money back because it didn’t taste good.  The band can do plenty of wrong.  I just can’t believe actual adult humans think a band that postponed a tour because of a plague think they are entitled to anything other than the two options they’ve been given  of a rescheduled show or your money back. One or the other  makes people whole. The mention of interest on money you’ve been offered to have refunded repeatedly is hilarious. Please compensate me for my choices!   Thinking you’re entitled to anything other than the show or the refund  isn’t even delusional. It’s straight up Concert Karen loser shit.  

Please tag me again when you start your “official petition to play my back yard on the date of my choosing  because the band didn’t check with me  to see if the tour schedule works for me it’s not faaaaaaaaair” thread. 

Stay mad

This might be the best post on the 204+ page thread so far.  Thank you for posting this!
    I'm sorry, anyone who sides with Clapper and is boosting this post as a good post is completely jaded and lost the actual Spirit of a Pearl Jam concert.  If you just view it as a transaction, then I am truly sorry for you and where you have landed in life.  You should probably skip the upcoming tour as you will definitely miss the Magic and the Wonder and Awe of it all.  If these shows are nothing more than a transaction, then you will miss the Passion and the Power that other people still feel.  Those are the people who are on the side of right in this battle for our souls.  You can try to beat people down and make them sound so small and stupid, but they are the ones who will enjoy the shows the most.  We won't, in fact, We CAN'T view this as a transaction, this is food for our souls and a religious experience.  These shows are not transactions, they are the feeling of Christmas morning.  They are connecting with friends both new and old.  They are reliving past triumphs and toasting to future conquests.

You can view the Pearl Jam concert the same as paying for parking, I flatly refuse to view it this way.

I will view it as thousands of my closest friends communing together in a spirit of Joy and Love and Peace, and actually making the world a better place for a few hours.

But, hey, live and let live and to each their own.  I appreciate your post Clapper, as it was able to clarify and magnify my own views.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
     the Magic and the Wonder and Awe of it all.  If these shows are nothing more than a transaction, then you will miss the Passion and the Power that other people still feel… this is food for our souls and a religious experience…they are the feeling of Christmas morning.  

I will view it as thousands of my closest friends communing together in a spirit of Joy and Love and Peace, and actually making the world a better place 
    That was beautiful.  Thank you for posting this.  It gave me chills. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • HoldeINHoldeIN Posts: 104
    Pluralone is now listed with PJ on ticketmaster for some shows (Nashville) but not others (St Louis). I don't remember seeing that earlier and maybe ticketmaster has not updated all the shows yet. It's been so long I can't remember, are they opening at all shows? 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    I forgot about the opener. Was hoping they did too haha
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    kosteva2 said:
    Clapper said:
    Manu117 said:

Stay mad

I'm sorry, anyone who sides with Clapper and is boosting this post as a good post is completely jaded and lost the actual Spirit of a Pearl Jam concert.  If you just view it as a transaction, then I am truly sorry for you and where you have landed in life.  You should probably skip the upcoming tour as you will definitely miss the Magic and the Wonder and Awe of it all.  If these shows are nothing more than a transaction, then you will miss the Passion and the Power that other people still feel.  Those are the people who are on the side of right in this battle for our souls.  You can try to beat people down and make them sound so small and stupid, but they are the ones who will enjoy the shows the most.  We won't, in fact, We CAN'T view this as a transaction, this is food for our souls and a religious experience.  These shows are not transactions, they are the feeling of Christmas morning.  They are connecting with friends both new and old.  They are reliving past triumphs and toasting to future conquests.

You can view the Pearl Jam concert the same as paying for parking, I flatly refuse to view it this way.

I will view it as thousands of my closest friends communing together in a spirit of Joy and Love and Peace, and actually making the world a better place for a few hours.

But, hey, live and let live and to each their own.  I appreciate your post Clapper, as it was able to clarify and magnify my own views.
    This.

I am not religious, but seeing PJ is the closest thing I can think of as a religious experience. Glad I’m not alone in that opinion 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    kosteva2 said:
    Clapper said:
    Manu117 said:

Stay mad

Amen
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 836
    edited March 2022
    So, if LA is 5-6/7 it seems that either Vegas is 5-20 and we get three new shows or Vegas is 5-13.  OAK 5-3/4, LA 5-6/7, SD 5-9, PHX 5-11 then 3 added shows LV 5-20.
    Just for fun Portland 5-22 and Seattle 5-24.  All venues seem available. 
    Maybe also for the three added, Dallas 5-13, Houston 5-15, New Orleans 5-17???
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    Oakland was a Sat/Sun in 2020. If it ends up being middle of the week that really sucks for those of us with work and childcare responsibilities. Easier for me to travel to So Cal or Vegas for a weekend then try to make mid week shows 2 hours from Sacramento. I wish there was some sort of exchange option for those of us in this predicament. Awesome to see these shows finally happening, I’m sure the logistics weren’t easy , just unfortunate for a lot of fans who are gonna be a bind because of the timing.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 460

Oakland was a Sat/Sun in 2020. If it ends up being middle of the week that really sucks for those of us with work and childcare responsibilities. Easier for me to travel to So Cal or Vegas for a weekend then try to make mid week shows 2 hours from Sacramento. I wish there was some sort of exchange option for those of us in this predicament. Awesome to see these shows finally happening, I’m sure the logistics weren’t easy , just unfortunate for a lot of fans who are gonna be a bind because of the timing.
    I agree. I was flying in from Texas for the Oakland show  because they were on a weekend… Kids and work are going to make it difficult for my friends and I to travel in the middle of the week. But, with all the shit going on in the world, it’s hard to complain. 

That said, how has it been assumed that Oakland is that early? I know the LA dates have been leaked, but I have not seen anything credible on Oakland.   Could it be later in May? I have not looked at arena availability.  
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,802
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:
    It’s a transaction where we did our part 2 years ago and they still haven’t told us when they’ll fulfill their end of the deal. 
    Have you been offered a refund? Yes. Has there been any sign that shows are not being rescheduled? No. You can reach all you want but the transaction is still intact. 
    I would add that the majority of us posting have really good seats/GA, and would not want to be thrown back into the pool to redo the whole lottery and F5 F2F ordeal - plus have to pay higher post CV prices.. have a glass of wine, we are close and all will be known soon. 

What might make sense: They sell the available seats to 10C members and then re-distribute as if it was the first time every ticket went on sale. People who had original tickets shouldn't see much of a difference. Some may move slightly back or up.

What they'll probably do: 10C on-sale with those seats giving those seats to members based on their ticketing assignment. People with original tickets won't be moved, but people who buy this second lotto could hit it big-time vs their regular seats.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Posts: 614
    3days said:
    It's gonna be okay.
    Of course it will be ok. just was a dick move and wasted a lot of my time. can't stand that narcissistic shit. there's a lot of people here who know exactly what the dates are, but don't tease people to make them beg for more for their own attention issues. it's childish. 
    Agreed.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Posts: 614
    Sea Heat Now lineup is kinda so so
    Green Day puts on a smokin show. Worth the admission price.

They really do. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,893

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    on2legs said:

Love the early morning spirit! 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:

Love the early morning spirit! 
    Early morning spirit FTW!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Here we go again……
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    I mean…..yeah, can’t wait.  It’s Friday!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • JoeyP21JoeyP21 Allentown, PA Posts: 181

• MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    edited March 2022
    Trying to get in on the GIF fun, but it’s not letting me. 
    Post edited by MakeUSmile on
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Trying to get in on the GIF fun, but it’s not letting me. 

• PinoyPJPinoyPJ Posts: 281
    season 1 facebook watch GIF by Big Chicken Shaq
    ride amongst the waves...
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    I'll be in the air for the next few hours so a 9am or 10am announcement is in play. Just because. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."