2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    Manu117 said:
    I'm getting to the point that I think TM resale should be enabled so we fans can at least have the option to resell their tickets and get compensation for their loyalty and frustration (and 2+ years of interest).

@Clapper please don't respond, I already know you think PJ can do no wrong and fans are entitled to nothing but a refund.  S'all good.
    Imagine tagging someone and saying “please don’t respond”. You’re definitely the guy who licks his plate clean at a restaurant and then asks for his money back because it didn’t taste good.  The band can do plenty of wrong.  I just can’t believe actual adult humans think a band that postponed a tour because of a plague think they are entitled to anything other than the two options they’ve been given  of a rescheduled show or your money back. One or the other  makes people whole. The mention of interest on money you’ve been offered to have refunded repeatedly is hilarious. Please compensate me for my choices!   Thinking you’re entitled to anything other than the show or the refund  isn’t even delusional. It’s straight up Concert Karen loser shit.  

Please tag me again when you start your “official petition to play my back yard on the date of my choosing  because the band didn’t check with me  to see if the tour schedule works for me it’s not faaaaaaaaair” thread. 

But, but, but band x announced shows! So?

But, but, but I like to travel to shows and want to plan my travel! So?

But, but, but their schedule doesn’t work with my work/kids/life/vacation schedule! So?

But,but, but I liked the old dates better! So?

But, but, but I decided Covid wasn’t a thing anymore like 6 months ago!  So?

But, but, but I held on to my tickets for 2 years! So? 

But, but, but I’ve been a fan since 1991! So?

Please fill me on any of those items that are any band’s problem. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again.  It’s transactional. We pay money, they give us music.  That’s it, that’s the deal.  Shelling out a few bucks gets a couple hours of their time.  It doesn’t not get you part ownership and it doesn’t entitle to a penny more than what you paid for.  

Stay mad

1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • fletchfletch Posts: 57
    Clapper said:
    Manu117 said:
    I'm getting to the point that I think TM resale should be enabled so we fans can at least have the option to resell their tickets and get compensation for their loyalty and frustration (and 2+ years of interest).

@Clapper please don't respond, I already know you think PJ can do no wrong and fans are entitled to nothing but a refund.  S'all good.
    Imagine tagging someone and saying “please don’t respond”. You’re definitely the guy who licks his plate clean at a restaurant and then asks for his money back because it didn’t taste good.  The band can do plenty of wrong.  I just can’t believe actual adult humans think a band that postponed a tour because of a plague think they are entitled to anything other than the two options they’ve been given  of a rescheduled show or your money back. One or the other  makes people whole. The mention of interest on money you’ve been offered to have refunded repeatedly is hilarious. Please compensate me for my choices!   Thinking you’re entitled to anything other than the show or the refund  isn’t even delusional. It’s straight up Concert Karen loser shit.  

Please tag me again when you start your “official petition to play my back yard on the date of my choosing  because the band didn’t check with me  to see if the tour schedule works for me it’s not faaaaaaaaair” thread. 

But, but, but band x announced shows! So?

But, but, but I like to travel to shows and want to plan my travel! So?

But, but, but their schedule doesn’t work with my work/kids/life/vacation schedule! So?

But,but, but I liked the old dates better! So?

But, but, but I decided Covid wasn’t a thing anymore like 6 months ago!  So?

But, but, but I held on to my tickets for 2 years! So? 

But, but, but I’ve been a fan since 1991! So?

Please fill me on any of those items that are any band’s problem. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again.  It’s transactional. We pay money, they give us music.  That’s it, that’s the deal.  Shelling out a few bucks gets a couple hours of their time.  It doesn’t not get you part ownership and it doesn’t entitle to a penny more than what you paid for.  

Stay mad

This post made my day.  Thank you.
    One of these days I'm gonna get organizized.

You spend your life waiting for a moment that just don't come
    Well don't waste your time waiting
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    Lol. Take a breather 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    The race to find the strangest hill continues. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Lol. Take a breather 
    Fair point 😂
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    It’s a transaction where we did our part 2 years ago and they still haven’t told us when they’ll fulfill their end of the deal. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    mcgruff10 said:
    Getting married 2 hours away from Bmore on the 19th of August. If that date is real I am 77% chance will make the drive.
    I would say you have a 77% chance of getting a divorce if you go to that show!  ;)
    But you would be 100% awesome if you go to that show. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    edited March 2022
    ComeToTX said:
    It’s a transaction where we did our part 2 years ago and they still haven’t told us when they’ll fulfill their end of the deal. 
    Have you been offered a refund? Yes. Has there been any sign that shows are not being rescheduled? No. You can reach all you want but the transaction is still intact. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    Concert Karen is funny as hell lol. Your response makes a lot of sense.  Well played @Clapper
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    edited March 2022
    I will say they did a worse job than almost any band that I can think of with rescheduling or canceling shows. I don’t know all the reasons and some of them might very well be very good. It’s been frustrating but we will have dates probably by early next week and that’s a very good thing. 
  • link93 said:
    I will say they did a worse job than almost any band that I can think of with rescheduling or canceling shows. I don’t know all the reasons and some of them might very well be very good. It’s been frustrating but we will have dates probably by early next week and that’s a very good thing. 
    They might be a lot of things........

but they're not boring.   B)
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Clapper said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Have you been offered a refund? Yes. Has there been any sign that shows are not being rescheduled? No. You can reach all you want but the transaction is still intact. 
    I would add that the majority of us posting have really good seats/GA, and would not want to be thrown back into the pool to redo the whole lottery and F5 F2F ordeal - plus have to pay higher post CV prices.. have a glass of wine, we are close and all will be known soon. 

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    edited March 2022
    mcgruff10 said:
    Concert Karen is funny as hell lol. Your response makes a lot of sense.  Well played @Clapper
    I dated Concert Karen in College.  Believe or not she dumped me.  
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    edited March 2022
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I dated Concert Karen in Collage.  Believe or not she dumped me.  
    Let me guess, she dumped you Because she was a spelling bee champion and it irked her you couldn’t spell college correctly?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Maybe it was a collage college where you make pictures of people like Karen?
    Clapper said:

I would add that the majority of us posting have really good seats/GA, and would not want to be thrown back into the pool to redo the whole lottery and F5 F2F ordeal - plus have to pay higher post CV prices.. have a glass of wine, we are close and all will be known soon. 

If people lost their seat assignments  after choosing to hold their tickets, that would be a legitimate beef.  But choosing to hold your tickets because you have great seats is definitely a you problem, not a band problem 😂
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
    Maybe it was a collage college where you make pictures of people like Karen?
    maybe her name was Karan 
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I dated Concert Karen in Collage.  Believe or not she dumped me.  
    I shall pour my 40 out on the curb for you.  Not out of loss but in solidarity and to celebrate you dodging a bullet. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
    Clapper said:
    Clapper said:

If people lost their seat assignments  after choosing to hold their tickets, that would be a legitimate beef.  But choosing to hold your tickets because you have great seats is definitely a you problem, not a band problem 😂
    exactly... 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    link93 said:
    Stop it. That talk is not allowed here. 😉

Trying to decide which language I like the best for future use. “Forthcoming album,” “early 2022,” or “coming days.”  I’ll decide after we define “coming days,” but if the past is a sign of things to come, “coming days” could mean a LOT of things. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    bbiggs said:
    link93 said:
    Stop it. That talk is not allowed here. 😉

Trying to decide which language I like the best for future use. “Forthcoming album,” “early 2022,” or “coming days.”  I’ll decide after we define “coming days,” but if the past is a sign of things to come, “coming days” could mean a LOT of things. 
    as long as it is “Big, Bold, and Free” all will be forgiven. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    smak said:
    Where are people getting vegas 5/20 from?
    Someone in the know posted on Twitter 
    Was there a venue?
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414
    smak said:
    smak said:
    Where are people getting vegas 5/20 from?
    Someone in the know posted on Twitter 
    Was there a venue?
    MGM grand 
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Haven’t checked in since this morning……no new rumors?  Can’t read 200+ posts now.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    Kevinman said:
    Haven’t checked in since this morning……no new rumors?  Can’t read 200+ posts now.
    LA May 6 and 7. 
    link93 said:
    Kevinman said:
    LA May 6 and 7. 
    Thanks appreciate not having to read through everything, although usually pretty entertaining.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Kevinman said:
    link93 said:
    Kevinman said:
    LA May 6 and 7. 
    Thanks appreciate not having to read through everything, although usually pretty entertaining.
    Also some complaining and temper tantrums. Few people got offended and then one person on his soap box and won’t get down.
    Kevinman said:
    link93 said:
    Kevinman said:
    LA May 6 and 7. 
    Also some complaining and temper tantrums. Few people got offended and then one person on his soap box and won’t get down.
    So……a normal day on here a week before tour announcements.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • KR197919KR197919 Posts: 11
    Would Vegas just be a 1 night deal?  Dying to see PJ in Vegas but the rumored May 20th is a playoff round for my lacrosse team. Unless we get bounced before then. Win Win lol