Options

psst...6/15/2021

Comments

• Options
    mandarine65mandarine65 Posts: 133
    "Limit 1 per order. No quantity limit, while supplies last." couldn't be clearer, lol.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    Ah man, missed out on this one by about 15 minutes it seems. Shame, No Code is actually the only record I still need on vinyl outside of LD so this would have worked out great. Congrats to those that got them!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,749
    Just got my email. Luckily, checked in a few moments after it went up and got one.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 290
    So forum post was posted just before 1 p.m. I didn't get the email until around 1:30 p.m. I can't monitor the forum boards 24/7 as I have a job. Anyways, sending the email was moot cause when it was already sold out when I clicked "buy." Kinda ridiculous. I'm not going to spend the hundreds of dollars on a third party site. It's not worth it, even with the "mastered for vinyl." Wake me up when they start doing AAA releases.
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 486
    @Santos L. Halper Is this really mastered by Bob Ludwig for vinyl? Or by one of his employees? Bob stepped down from mastering vinyl some time ago. If he really did this release, it would be huge.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,368
    dankind said:
    jammerx said:
    "This marks the first time the album will be available in this format since its original release"

What about the 2016 No Code reissue?
    mbowers said:
    "This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release"

Did I imagine a reissue in 2016 for the 20th anniversary then?
    I'm curious too.  The 2016 had an alternate take on Wishlist?  If this is the OG tapes then this statement would be correct.
    "Who You Are"; "Wishlist" is on Yield, you doofus.
    @dankind I was up late watching Bball so I'm fried...
  • Options
    byrn3535byrn3535 Posts: 127
    I'm holding out hope that just the clear vinyl sold out and maybe they will rmass release in stores on Aug 13th on regular vinyl. I just need No Code and Backspacer to complete my studio album vinyl collection. Fingers crossed. 
    Byrn, (bye - earn)
    "I wanna live my life with the volume full"
  • Options
    PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 207
    Thanks 10C for reminding me how piss poor you are at managing everything. Let’s put a note in the forum 17 hours before the fan club email goes out for a limited item that’s actually not limited.

I think I’ll just put this money towards the $100 Miles Davis Kind of Blue PRE-ORDER that’s been open for a couple weeks to meet customer demand.

"Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    I'm just glad there's nothing special about this other than the color of the vinyl. Sounds like it's the same version as the 2016 reissue, no bonus tracks or anything. I would certainly have bought one had it been available, but I can live without this. 
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    MedozK said:
    Well, let me add my name to the ISO list. Why call an item that sells out in 25 minutes a Pre-Order. DAMN!
    And why not limit it to one per customer if it is so limited?

This is a pre-order. Limit 1 per order. 

No quantity limit,

You could've placed 2 or 3 or 5 orders if you saw it quickly enough and wanted extras to sell, hook up friends, or whatever.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Its always the same. They limit shit to make it flippable then hate on flippers. Stupid ethos. Just make 1 available to each member  simple.  But no. I don't  need it but it does fuck me off watching this happen time after time then look on ebay see! 10c cause the problem.  
    It really isn’t that easy and they don’t make stuff limited for flippers.  No band wants to sit on inventory.  And let’s face it most fans here prefer limited merchandise, well only if they get it I guess. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,601
    Or flip
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BK5403BK5403 Posts: 50
    Releasing something like this that only a small number of members will get is purposely manufacturing demand and unfortunately has come to represent how the band and Ten Club treats its fans. We’re just consumers to them. There’s absolutely no good reason this can’t be made in quantities that sell out in more than 20 minutes. Capitalism is great, but Pearl Jam likes to pretend they’re for and of the people with all their lefty ranting during shows and interviews and a move like this makes the mask slip. These guys have become the main character in Soon Forget. 

Sincerely, 
    Disgruntled long time fanatic and ten club member
    96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,543
    smithnic said:
    Crew said:
    "Ten Club Exclusive"

AND

"Street Date: August 13"

Is it safe to assume that this "exclusive" will hit shelves on August 13th?  Otherwise, why not put, "ship date estimate" ?
    Wasn't the purple Ten also Ten Club exclusive?
    No.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    Like people dont even open these purely to flip for treble money.  Its blatant
    i assure you, i'll be opening and spinning it
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2021
    tylerj said:
    So forum post was posted just before 1 p.m. I didn't get the email until around 1:30 p.m. I can't monitor the forum boards 24/7 as I have a job. Anyways, sending the email was moot cause when it was already sold out when I clicked "buy." Kinda ridiculous. I'm not going to spend the hundreds of dollars on a third party site. It's not worth it, even with the "mastered for vinyl." Wake me up when they start doing AAA releases.
    this is partly why i'm on twitter. set your notifications for pearl jam to "always notify", I get a pop up on my phone of every tweet. saw it, clicked the link, bought immediately. same way i got the bat. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    EugeneEugene Posts: 114
    Wow. 10c presale. Try to order 20 min after notification via email. Sold out. It pays to be a member. 
    Exactly this. Sometimes I also don't understand why I pay a premium fee for this absolute shitshow. If you aren't online after 4 mins it's long over.

Sounds about right 
  • Options
    EugeneEugene Posts: 114
    Eugene said:
    Wow. 10c presale. Try to order 20 min after notification via email. Sold out. It pays to be a member. 
    Exactly this. Sometimes I also don't understand why I pay a premium fee for this absolute shitshow. If you aren't online after 4 mins it's long over.

Sounds about right 

• Options
    shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 176
    RIP to any completist hoping to get all 4 variants on clear. I'm sure a standard black or another color variant will get a wider release. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,480
    edited June 2021
    Pure sadism.
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Raulcf77Raulcf77 Posts: 14
    I can’t understand what’s the benefit to be a tenclub member if really you can’t get this kind of collective items, it’s like a lottery. 
    Better to cancel and just save…to buy this on second hands 
  • Options
    i got the email about the record going on sale 33 minutes after I got my purchase confirmation email. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    igotid88 said:
    smithnic said:
    Crew said:
    "Ten Club Exclusive"

AND

"Street Date: August 13"

Is it safe to assume that this "exclusive" will hit shelves on August 13th?  Otherwise, why not put, "ship date estimate" ?
    Wasn't the purple Ten also Ten Club exclusive?
    No.
    But it was advertised as exclusive:

"Limited edition purple vinyl version of Ten is available now. 

The 2020 Pearl Jam Ten Purple Vinyl is a Ten Club members-only exclusive item."
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Most won't.  I for 1 min put in my cart and thought.. why. Then i decided im not gonna be part of it anymore like posted above its all a game. Merch now has become mainly to flip everyone here is doing it. Nobody sells for what they bought it for.  I much prefer now giving my shit away. And will continue to until its gone. This band was meant to stand for more than this cash grab. Just my opinion  but if most are honest and i am its what most are doing
     Oh i need to fund this or that. Bullshit.  They make money off fellow fans. Im out now. Not my bag 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BK5403 said:
    Releasing something like this that only a small number of members will get is purposely manufacturing demand and unfortunately has come to represent how the band and Ten Club treats its fans. We’re just consumers to them. There’s absolutely no good reason this can’t be made in quantities that sell out in more than 20 minutes. Capitalism is great, but Pearl Jam likes to pretend they’re for and of the people with all their lefty ranting during shows and interviews and a move like this makes the mask slip. These guys have become the main character in Soon Forget. 

Sincerely, 
    Disgruntled long time fanatic and ten club member
    I feel like this too
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    jammerxjammerx Posts: 72
    Are 10C order numbers sequential?  Can we guess the pressing count by subtracting highest order # from lowest order #?  I was 5001314XX at 10:10am PT.
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    I do agree, kind of ridiculous to alert the forum and social media before the email. The email is the one thing that goes out to all 10c members at the same time.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,560
    So on the item in the shop it says "Street Date, August 13"  does that mean thats the day it will hit stores?

Or the date this particular item will ship?

Kinda crazy...I check my email nonstop nowadays and literally the one hour I cant, I miss out.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Same
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Most won't.  I for 1 min put in my cart and thought.. why. Then i decided im not gonna be part of it anymore like posted above its all a game. Merch now has become mainly to flip everyone here is doing it. Nobody sells for what they bought it for.  I much prefer now giving my shit away. And will continue to until its gone. This band was meant to stand for more than this cash grab. Just my opinion  but if most are honest and i am its what most are doing
     Oh i need to fund this or that. Bullshit.  They make money off fellow fans. Im out now. Not my bag 
    i would imagine many here don't have the OG, so will actually be spinning it. but i get what you're saying. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com