Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    With sealed copies of No Code clear/Coke bottle appearing on resale auction sites, how can you tell if you get a clear one? Can you tell by the UPC barcode number?

dcp3y said:
    Is there some way to tell if the record is clear without opening the package?  Some sticker or other indication?

Bar code. -712 Coke Bottle Clear, -613 black.  Also the black version has the hype sticker.  Cheers!

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,037
    Ok cool thanks for the info. I was suspicious of one posted for sale as clear, which was then reposted as the original pressing instead of clear 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,894
    edited September 2021
    KM73780 said:
    With sealed copies of No Code clear/Coke bottle appearing on resale auction sites, how can you tell if you get a clear one? Can you tell by the UPC barcode number?

I have both. The top one is clear. The bottom is black. The only difference I can see is that the black one has the “Newly Mastered for Vinyl” sticker. It also has a sticker that says “Pearl Jam No Code” in red letters on the second row down of the photos (over the mouth photo). The clear version has neither of these stickers. The problem is that both of these stickers can be peeled off - so I would be wary of buying a sealed clear. If the stickers are peeled off there is no way to tell. Maybe examine the shrink wrap where the stickers would be to see if looks like something was peeled off. That may indicate something.

Edit* - Also, as Demetrios pointed out, the bar code is different (I guess that would be the main indicator).
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    Ok cool thanks for the info. I was suspicious of one posted for sale as clear, which was then reposted as the original pressing instead of clear 

No problemo!