Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Joseph Arthur, Peter Buck, Rich Robinson, Barrett Martin new band

goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 5,399
Joseph Arthur, Peter Buck, Rich Robinson and Barrett Martin have recorded an album together  :o

Not many details yet, but Joe and Barrett have both posted about it over the weekend:




Can’t wait to hear this!
“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)

Comments

  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,704
    Saw that yesterday. Can’t wait to hear this. Who’s playing bass?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 5,399
    mfc2006 said:
    Saw that yesterday. Can’t wait to hear this. Who’s playing bass?
    I’m pretty sure Joe played bass on the Arthur Buck record they put out a couple of years ago
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,704
    goldrush said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Saw that yesterday. Can’t wait to hear this. Who’s playing bass?
    I’m pretty sure Joe played bass on the Arthur Buck record they put out a couple of years ago
    That’s right! Sweet
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 914
    New music from Peter Buck? Sign me up.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, GreecePosts: 24,468
    Awesome news! :plus_one:
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 15,070
    Very cool. 
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,307
    Yesss! :sunglasses:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 26,494
    what a very interesting combination of musicians. 
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 26,651
    WOW! :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 5,399
    The latest episode of Joseph’s podcast is out now, with Barrett as the guest. It’s a long one, over 2.5 hours, but it’s a good listen.

    They start off by talking a little about their new band. Rich and Barrett had played a show with Jimmy Page, and later on Rich called Barrett to suggest getting a band together. They ended up in Nashville with Peter in 2019 and Barrett started recording the beginnings of some tunes in a hotel room for about 3 days. Joe was the last “piece of the puzzle”, adding the lyrics in the last year.

    Joe: “it sounds like a cross between Zeppelin and REM”

    Barrett: “What I hear is the best elements of the best of the classic era of rock and great songwriting. There’s stuff that sounds like Zeppelin, there’s stuff that sounds like Bowie, stuff that sounds like the best of the REM stuff, and some stuff I can’t even categorise”

    Barrett said they’re not going to announce the name yet. It was going to be called Mother Karma, but they decided against it.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 26,494
    good, cuz that name sucks. lol
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,704
    good, cuz that name sucks. lol
    LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 3,458
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,844
    Yessss @1ThoughtKnown What's up? Sure there will be some unique sounds from this group. What do I know anyway...I'm questioning everything. A second midlife crisis I guess. All I know is primus stinks! Isn't that how it goes!!!??? Are the kids still sayin that!? 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 5,399
    good, cuz that name sucks. lol
    Ha ha! When Joe said Mother Karma was rejected the first thing I thought was ‘thank fuck for that!’
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, GreecePosts: 24,468
    goldrush said:
    The latest episode of Joseph’s podcast is out now, with Barrett as the guest. It’s a long one, over 2.5 hours, but it’s a good listen.

    They start off by talking a little about their new band. Rich and Barrett had played a show with Jimmy Page, and later on Rich called Barrett to suggest getting a band together. They ended up in Nashville with Peter in 2019 and Barrett started recording the beginnings of some tunes in a hotel room for about 3 days. Joe was the last “piece of the puzzle”, adding the lyrics in the last year.

    Joe: “it sounds like a cross between Zeppelin and REM”

    Barrett: “What I hear is the best elements of the best of the classic era of rock and great songwriting. There’s stuff that sounds like Zeppelin, there’s stuff that sounds like Bowie, stuff that sounds like the best of the REM stuff, and some stuff I can’t even categorise”

    Barrett said they’re not going to announce the name yet. It was going to be called Mother Karma, but they decided against it.


    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 26,494
    goldrush said:
    good, cuz that name sucks. lol
    Ha ha! When Joe said Mother Karma was rejected the first thing I thought was ‘thank fuck for that!’
    there's a canadian "supergroup" called Crash Karma, and I feel the same about that name. 
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)


Sign In or Register to comment.