Options

what about vault 10 4vinyl box set shipping date?

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    rb173565 said:
    eddie vedder single arrived yesterday, vault 10 arrived today, just waiting on .... oh yeah the 10c fan club singles. 2 out of 3 aint bad. in scotland by the way.
    snap. in Scotland too. Been busy and not had chance to open but packing on these Vault was poor. Good luck anyone getting this in Europe in the same mailer. 
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    Honestly, we shouldn't complain about a delay on vinyl these days. I can't get essential electrical material for my business. Still waiting for appliances order from last November for my kitchen. Tough times. Patience, everyone. 
  • Options
    mkiley77mkiley77 Posts: 4
    You can spin this anyway you’d like, but 10c has handled the communication on this very poorly. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936
    mkiley77 said:
    You can spin this anyway you’d like, but 10c has handled the communication on this very poorly. 

How so? Santos has been posting updates many times here on the forum that they are still waiting to receive their shipment. And that there has been delays making this Vault vinyl. He has been posting updates also on social media sites too. Plus we are in a pandemic. There has been MANY delays on all sorts of products.

• Options
    From the UK store I think we had 1 or 2 email updates. Delay wasnt too bad, communication was okay if a little vague. I think with stuff like the Vault, 10c need to be emailing all those that bought it. Its all very well replying to posts on here and social media but Im guessing when people have paid money they want a proper email with a little explanation.  People will be understanding in these times, they just want to feel a valued customer.  Since I didnt order from the US has there been any emails?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    edited May 2021
    No. But I don’t think I’ve ever gotten an email from 10c about a delay of anything. 

But in fairness, I think I’ve rarely gotten emails about delays in products shipping unless it’s Amazon or Target. 

The National are the only band I can think of who are going through a similar situation as this vault with their membership live record. We got 1 update back in March saying it will probably be late June. They were intending it shipping in January. So that’s been my bellwether for record production delays. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    No. But I don’t think I’ve ever gotten an email from 10c about a delay of anything. 

But in fairness, I think I’ve rarely gotten emails about delays in products shipping unless it’s Amazon or Target. 

The National are the only band I can think of who are going through a similar situation as this vault with their membership live record. We got 1 update back in March saying it will probably be late June. They were intending it shipping in January. So that’s been my bellwether for record production delays. 
    I think most places (big or small) have been communicating the delays much better than 10C. Unless you come to the forum, you would never get an update. It’s not difficult to send out a mass email communicating the delay. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    I’ve gotten emails from several different labels regarding vinyl purchases, including several (4)  in this last week.

while we all know things are delayed, to expect news posted on the forum to be adequate is a bit much.  Not everyone who ordered a vault is on this forum.

also, seeing as it took them 4 years to get us some Xmas singles, complaining on here or acting surprised about a lack of info or a delay in the vault is a bit moot
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017

I actually get emails from other companies about delays all the time. And usually it’s just a day or 2, maybe a week tops (unless it’s vinyl, which I know this this), and they manage to send out a notice. What other companies have products months or even years late? And which of those offer almost no updates?
    weren’t these supposed to ship in the winter? I can’t remember if they said that at the preorder or if I just assumed so since that’s when they usually ship. Now we’re a few days away from June.
    Not a big deal to me, I know things are delayed and it will eventually come. But people who don’t follow PJ forums have little updates. There’s definitely room for better communication when someone prepaid for something and it’s 6 months late so far. 
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    I agree with the last 3 posts, which echo my post earlier on this page. Saying their communication is reasonable or adequate is very far off. Now, granted, they get away with it, but purchasing anywhere else, including from groups smaller or similar in stature, is always a more pleasant experience. 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365

I think Cherry Tree does a far better job re: communication about delays than 10C. That’s certainly been my experience with CT.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    vinyl boyvinyl boy Posts: 178
    Weezer, Glen Hansard, dine alone records and many more have updated me on delays and shipping issues via email where I have heard squat from 10Club via email.  No clue where my singles,  my vault or my Eddie single are. Money spent and deserve to know where my products are whether they are delayed or not. 
  • Options
    vinyl boy said:
    Weezer, Glen Hansard, dine alone records and many more have updated me on delays and shipping issues via email where I have heard squat from 10Club via email.  No clue where my singles,  my vault or my Eddie single are. Money spent and deserve to know where my products are whether they are delayed or not. 
    vinyl boy said:
    The live Glen Hansard album had many email updates with explanations, ETAs, etc...  I was a little surprised how often they updated everyone 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited May 2021
    Dear Valued Customer,
    We are experiencing delays in the production and delivery of vinyl pressings. We are working with the pressing plant to determine an expected time of delivery. We have nothing further to report at this time and appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. 
    Sincerely,
    10c 

There is your email. Copy and paste it to an email, send it to yourself and open it to feel better
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    I want a personal DM from Santos every 12 hours with a proper update and apologies. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,454
    Dear Valued Customer,
    We are experiencing delays in the production and delivery of vinyl pressings. We are working with the pressing plant to determine an expected time of delivery. We have nothing further to report at this time and appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. 
    Sincerely,
    10c 

There is your email. Copy and paste it to an email, send it to yourself and open it to feel better

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    got mine ie ed vedder single and moline 
    danny d
  • Options
    sj9966sj9966 UK Posts: 55
    Vault 10 received from U.K. store today 

Scranton 1992, Manchester 1 2012, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Wrigley 1 2016, Amsterdam 1 2018, Prague 2018, London 2 2018, EV Madrid 2019, Hyde Park 1 2022, Hyde Park 2 2022

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    I want a personal DM from Santos every 12 hours with a proper update and apologies.

• Options
    Snowball IISnowball II Posts: 33
    vinyl boy said:
    We had hoped to begin shipping this product Late Winter. We have not yet received product and there is no new information at this time.
    As soon as we receive product, we will begin shipping. You will receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking when your order ships.
    Thanks
    10c
  • Options
    I've long thought the reason they don't update us is because theres rarely new info when people start asking, but also, they are damned if they do (get a shit ton of email complaining about delays if they say anything) and damned if they don't (gestures wildly to the forums here for the past decade). I'm sure they hate us.

• Options
    I've long thought the reason they don't update us is because theres rarely new info when people start asking, but also, they are damned if they do (get a shit ton of email complaining about delays if they say anything) and damned if they don't (gestures wildly to the forums here for the past decade). I'm sure they hate us.

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,040
    Seems relevant to post this update on worldwide vinyl here:
    https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/vinyl-shipping-update
  • Options
    Unless they build more plants, or stop making stupid records, this issue is here to stay. Shipping issues will improve, someone else will start making lacquers, but production is at full capacity because demand is at its highest in 30 years. That’s the issue that needs to be sorted. This is the new norm until then. 
  • Options
    Cooling it on represses will relieve some pressure too. It will make the secondary market surge, but we don’t need more Fleetwood Mac pressings in the world. 
  • Options
    Cooling it on represses will relieve some pressure too. It will make the secondary market surge, but we don’t need more Fleetwood Mac pressings in the world. 

Gotta agree there are way too much repressings happening. A non PJ band I enjoy released for the first time their first three album's on vinyl. 10 months later they released .. a reissue of those albums in a variant color pressing. Wait another year or two. I wonder how many editions of Rumours pressings there are. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Gotta agree there are way too much repressings happening. A non PJ band I enjoy released for the first time their first three album's on vinyl. 10 months later they released .. a reissue of those albums in a variant color pressing. Wait another year or two. I wonder how many editions of Rumours pressings there are. 
    Rumours is the one I seem to see all the time. Usually £30 for some new pressing. A few years ago this album used to be in every charity shop in the UK. 
  • Options
    As much as I love them, no one has more versions of their album as the Black Pumas
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Vault received in France. Thin package but vinyl OK, the insane shipping costs did not result in a strong package.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Vault received in France. Thin package but vinyl OK, the insane shipping costs did not result in a strong package.
    Uh oh.  Sounds like there’s a cardboard shortage too.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.