When Will We Get An Update?

RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,897
It’s time to get some news, no? Even if just a best guess based on current trends.  Need to make summer plans, know how much vaca to save for the fall, etc.  
PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,238
    They rescheduled Europe, doubt that means they play this year. If they were playing this fall, they would have already announced dates by now. I’d say last hope for those begging the band to play this year is in the next 2 weeks. After that? Save your time off & money for next year, maybe 2023. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    People here start booking hotels off of rumors so even a best guess would cause all sorts of calamity around here.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,523
    Probably when there's an update to announce?

Covid19 still isn't in control in many places.  It's the expectation that it will be by a certain date.  Given how other bands have had to reschedule several times, it doesn't surprise me that they're waiting for Covid19 to sort itself out before making announcements.  They were the first band to cancel/postpone a tour when Covid19 started taking off, I don't expect them to be the first back in.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited May 2021
    They rescheduled Europe, doubt that means they play this year. If they were playing this fall, they would have already announced dates by now. I’d say last hope for those begging the band to play this year is in the next 2 weeks. After that? Save your time off & money for next year, maybe 2023. 
    Spring 2020 was announced 2 months ahead of time. There is plenty of time in the year left to fit a tour if they feel its doable and announce it closer to the dates of the show. I still think 2022 will be the reschedules but to think we have 2 weeks left in the year to wait for an announcement is way off base. Also 2023? Come on man! 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,102
    Zod said:

Covid19 still isn't in control in many places.  It's the expectation that it will be by a certain date.  Given how other bands have had to reschedule several times, it doesn't surprise me that they're waiting for Covid19 to sort itself out before making announcements.  They were the first band to cancel/postpone a tour when Covid19 started taking off, I don't expect them to be the first back in.
    This.
    Let's be real - letting people know on advance so they can make plans in the best fashion is not something this band is concerned with.  This is not a Covid issue, this has been an ongoing thing for many years in how they announce things in pieces and at random times.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    They aren't going to play shows this summer. Make your plans. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    Fall North American tour 2011 was announced mid May and kicked off Labour Day weekend

Fall North American tour 2013 was announced July 1st and kicked off October 13th 

Still plenty of time to make announcements/decisions 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Start saving for 2022.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • DM282158DM282158 Posts: 541
    Optimistic perspective: tours are being announced at indoor arenas. 

pessimistic perspective: the band is highly aware of the international travel of its fan base and Ten Club members. Jeff even mentioned it after the cancellation of 2020 tour.  
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    Ohana and Sea Hear Now. Otherwise...2022. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    Seattle 4 shows in December.... 

Just a guess

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    JimmyV said:
    That's what I'm thinking as well. Maybe 1-2 other outdoor shows, but that's a big maybe in my opinion.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,835
    JimmyV said:
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route. Gives them the opportunity to get out the vote for midterm elections, reset Europe/NA spring dates, and still have room for a fall tour next year. Not sure if they'd commit to a 2021 tour knowing they were one of the first to pull back and there's no guarantee on how things pan out over the next few months (individual city/state regulations, limitations, safety, etc). 
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    I still think they should announce the re-scheduled 2020 tour and possible added dates to that one sooner than a couple months prior.
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Sea Hear Now, Ohana, ACL, Jazz Fest. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 895
    edited May 2021
    Small fall tour around Ohana, Sea Hear Now, and ACL.  Probably cities not being served in the postponed US tour.  Current arena holds in Vegas, Salt Lake City, etc.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
    edited May 2021
    vedpunk said:
    Small fall tour around Ohana, Sea Hear Now, and ACL.  Probably cities not being served in the postponed US tour.  Current arena holds in Vegas, Salt Lake City, etc.
    I would be pretty surprised if they do any arena shows that are not part of the reschedules this fall and have them not doing any of the postponed shows. If they do Vegas this fall I am in for sure. 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,822
    Zod said:

Bingo.

Justin Bieber postponed his tour to next year. Genesis (as of now) will be touring in December.

Let's see what happens in June/July. Until then, mask up and get those vaccines.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited May 2021
    Spring 2022 announcement with concerts fall 2022 or spring 2023.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,385
    Next Tuesday, perhaps. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    I just cant help myself when I read stuff like this. You cant be serious right? 2023? Have you been under a rock? How about this fall? 2021. Its already announced, tickets sold and as of today its a go! 2023, wtf...
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    edited May 2021
    SHN and Ohana will happen. 
    My gut says they make sure those go off without issue, then announce late winter 2021 or spring 2022. 2023 is Ludicrous.
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 133
    Bunch of negative nellies in this thread. I take the virus serious but at some point we need to get on with our lives. We can't be held back by the people who refused to get vaccinated. Play some concerts at let the chips fall where they may. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    DEGBTI said:
    I just cant help myself when I read stuff like this. You cant be serious right? 2023? Have you been under a rock? How about this fall? 2021. Its already announced, tickets sold and as of today its a go! 2023, wtf...
    I honestly do not see an extensive 2021 tour happening. I see Ohana, SHN + maybe 2-3 other shows/festivals. That's just my opinion.

I think Spring/Summer 2022 will be a lot of outdoor venues.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • It won’t be 2023. Get your dancing shoes and vocal chords warmed up for 2022
    edited May 2021
    mfc2006 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    I honestly do not see an extensive 2021 tour happening. I see Ohana, SHN + maybe 2-3 other shows/festivals. That's just my opinion.

I think Spring/Summer 2022 will be a lot of outdoor venues.
    What if I told you they are doing a bunch of arenas in Europe at that time... Also no way they do outdoor shows in the spring in the US. I am hoping for both legs early in 2022 and hoping for no ballparks. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    This is always my favorite reaction.
    Negative Nellies, Negative Nancies, Negative People.....

The question was asked and some people didn't answer the way you liked.

Positive Peter Puller doesn't have any more stake in what is right just because they think it is so.

Pretty much every mark we would have guessed at has been longer to get to during this damn thing than we thought it would be.

I hope Pearl Jam is fired up for a big world tour in 2021 and that they play 60 shows. 
    Hope the festival shows go on. 
    Hope they give us plenty of notice and relay the total tour plans, for a change.

All of that hope and a quarter gets me something that costs a quarter....nothing more.

edited May 2021
    Peter Puller fuck me thats a good one lol. You are right about missing every mark but this one feels different with the vaccines being out.
    Hope so.  I know PJ won't do it unless we are in good shape so for sure want that to be the case.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,238
    I hope everyone gets what they want. OP asked for thoughts, I shared em'. I won't be attending any large events this year. If they decide to tour this year, some lucky soul on here can buy my awesome 10c seats for St.Louis and I'll transfer em' to you.
    www.cluthelee.com