When Will We Get An Update?

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    I hope everyone gets what they want. OP asked for thoughts, I shared em'. I won't be attending any large events this year. If they decide to tour this year, some lucky soul on here can buy my awesome 10c seats for St.Louis and I'll transfer em' to you.
    I think a lot of us just project our wishes on to our predictions. I know I do. Hope if they tour next spring you feel like its safe enough to attend. Who knows how many more shows we will get!
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    Bunch of negative nellies in this thread. I take the virus serious but at some point we need to get on with our lives. We can't be held back by the people who refused to get vaccinated. Play some concerts at let the chips fall where they may. 
    I agree, unfortunately I don't think our opinions will see the light of day for at least another year. The president wears masks on zoom calls, my kids school feels more like a penitentiary than a place for learning. Meanwhile a huge chunk of the population refuses to even get vaccinated. We'll spend at least the next year protecting those who don't give a shit before we finally move on. This madness is nowhere near ending. It was honestly more comforting last year when the virus was in complete control. Now we have the cure and humans are still going to screw this up. I'm completely disgusted by both sides, those milking the crisis and those who deny the crisis even exists. They are both making any real recovery that much harder. PJ is not taking the stage anytime soon, which is sad because a fall tour would be more than possible if people got their shit together. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 133
    I hope everyone gets what they want. OP asked for thoughts, I shared em'. I won't be attending any large events this year. If they decide to tour this year, some lucky soul on here can buy my awesome 10c seats for St.Louis and I'll transfer em' to you.
    Just curious why? I don’t think anything major for PJ is happening until 2022 anyways. But, I don’t see the US numbers being much different in that Fall as compared to the Spring of 2022. 
    Bunch of negative nellies in this thread. I take the virus serious but at some point we need to get on with our lives. We can't be held back by the people who refused to get vaccinated. Play some concerts at let the chips fall where they may. 
    I agree, unfortunately I don't think our opinions will see the light of day for at least another year. The president wears masks on zoom calls, my kids school feels more like a penitentiary than a place for learning. Meanwhile a huge chunk of the population refuses to even get vaccinated. We'll spend at least the next year protecting those who don't give a shit before we finally move on. This madness is nowhere near ending. It was honestly more comforting last year when the virus was in complete control. Now we have the cure and humans are still going to screw this up. I'm completely disgusted by both sides, those milking the crisis and those who deny the crisis even exists. They are both making any real recovery that much harder. PJ is not taking the stage anytime soon, which is sad because a fall tour would be more than possible if people got their shit together. 
    Disagree with last year being more comforting. Being fully vaccinated this year we are way better off than we were last year. 
    PJNB said:
    Disagree with last year being more comforting. Being fully vaccinated this year we are way better off than we were last year. 
    Your probably right as I sit here reflecting on how I felt last year. Regardless it's going to be a frustrating 2021. I believe it will take a legit antiviral treatment along with people simply getting tired of living in fear for us to turn the page. Combine those two and we are back. Sadly it's probably another year before Pfizer and others have anything in production. It's also another year plus before the midterms at which point milking or denying this crisis will not be an easy go to for winning elections. I'm hopeful for real PJ shows sometime in early 2023. I don't think the band plans on playing disfigured shows with limited attendance, masks, seating pods etc. and I'm 100% cool with that.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
    PJNB said:
    Your probably right as I sit here reflecting on how I felt last year. Regardless it's going to be a frustrating 2021. I believe it will take a legit antiviral treatment along with people simply getting tired of living in fear for us to turn the page. Combine those two and we are back. Sadly it's probably another year before Pfizer and others have anything in production. It's also another year plus before the midterms at which point milking or denying this crisis will not be an easy go to for winning elections. I'm hopeful for real PJ shows sometime in early 2023. I don't think the band plans on playing disfigured shows with limited attendance, masks, seating pods etc. and I'm 100% cool with that.
    Hope you are wrong on that timeline. 24 more months is a long fucking time. I see full attendance this October with the NBA and NHL happening. I am hoping with zero restrictions. Concerts should follow. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,238
    edited May 2021
    Deleted for thread integrity OP
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Hope you are wrong on that timeline. 24 more months is a long fucking time. I see full attendance this October with the NBA and NHL happening. I am hoping with zero restrictions. Concerts should follow. 
    For me its about the restrictions. The San Francisco Giants probably have the most strict policies in all of sports and attendance has been poor because of it. When I go to a game I wanna get in early with my son for batting practice, not be told to immediately go to my seat, stay there and wear a mask for 3 plus hours. Especially after being fully vaccinated. Same for concerts, yes some will want to attend with layers of restrictions and more power to them. I'm just not one of them and I've spoken with many who feel the same. You'll never consistently have "full" attendance for events with restrictions. The cost to attend events is already sky high and when you throw in restrictions you create a level of fear for those scared to attend or like myself simply unwilling to go through the hassle. I checked NBA attendance figures a few days ago and teams are not even selling the seats they are offering right now. Increasing capacity is only going to make it look worse. 
  • Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 133
    UFC has already had a full event where masks were optional. I know it’s Florida but other states won’t want to be left behind. I think all restrictions will be dropped sooner rather than later. PJ may wait but others won’t. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,102
    I am sure Pearl Jam is fine with waiting until they feel it is safe for their fans to gather and won't worry about UFC, Florida, nor other bands.
    I trust them to make a good call.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,897
    This thread was meant to discuss when there would be an update, not what the update would be.

But as the topics are related, I will add that Billy Joel has recently added an October 2021 show that wasn’t previously in his plan.  BJ and PJ have different fan bases but BJ is quite popular and plays large venues too.   
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    An update would be appropriate. We’re 5 months into 2021, and Oregon went back into a Covid related lockdown, I doubt they play a show this year. Ohana continuing would be nice but don’t be surprised if it postpones again. 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,193
    PJNB said:
    Agreed on the band not going shows unless they can do them 100% capacity for indoor shows I’m not sure about outdoor 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJNB said:
    Agreed on the band not going shows unless they can do them 100% capacity for indoor shows I’m not sure about outdoor 
    Does anyone think otherwise? No way they do the fall fests or the postponed dates unless they are 100% and I do not see them doing something new with a limited capacity in the fall when plenty of states will be doing full shows. They will do it when its safe and packed. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,940
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Does anyone think otherwise? No way they do the fall fests or the postponed dates unless they are 100% and I do not see them doing something new with a limited capacity in the fall when plenty of states will be doing full shows. They will do it when its safe and packed. 
    Agreed.  I can’t see them doing limited capacity. Especially since 2022 is around the corner once the fall gets here. It’s all or nothing.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,842
    This thread was meant to discuss when there would be an update, not what the update would be.

But as the topics are related, I will add that Billy Joel has recently added an October 2021 show that wasn’t previously in his plan.  BJ and PJ have different fan bases but BJ is quite popular and plays large venues too.   
    I agree. BJs are quite popular 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 895
    The festivals will happen.  The shows must go in.  Can’t live in fear forever.  Also the band isn’t getting any younger.
    edited May 2021
    Pearl Jam will live with common sense and concern for their fans.
    For timing on announcement (s) I am guessing they will wait as long as they possibly can wait (and still allow the venues and crews time to do whatever is needed) to either commit or cancel and determine based on the way they feel about safety.

vedpunk said:
    The festivals will happen.  The shows must go in.  Can’t live in fear forever.  Also the band isn’t getting any younger.
    I think they will too if they are allowed to happen. Why would they wait this long just to let the two states let them have the shows just to cancel. Makes no sense. They would cancel now or earlier to avoid the chaos if that was their intention. 
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    I think they will too if they are allowed to happen. Why would they wait this long just to let the two states let them have the shows just to cancel. Makes no sense. They would cancel now or earlier to avoid the chaos if that was their intention. 
    Avoid chaos? Ohana last year got postponed at the end of June
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
    edited May 2021
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Avoid chaos? Ohana last year got postponed at the end of June
    What I am saying is if the two states allow shows to happen this fall and Pearl Jam still cancel after the announcement of opening back up there would be a lot of unhappy people out there. If they have no intention to play no matter what the government allows I am guessing they would avoid those reopening announcements and cancel earlier than last year. 
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited May 2021
    One thing to keep in mind is that PJ has many people who travel internationally for their shows. By this metric, and how safety is the bands number one concern (we all know why) I think it will be a while before there's an arena show. 

PJ isn't a red state country band that blows off restrictions, they will want everything to be just right before they walk on stage a note is played. They were one of the first acts to cancel last spring and they will be one of the last who returns.

Deep down we all know this.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    Full scale fests will be taking place around the country this summer with 50k people or more. PJ not playing Ohana would be silly. How long are we supposed to protect people that refuse to protect themselves?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    It makes sense for Pearl Jam to play the postponed indoor Canada/USA shows in the spring of 2022.  Require proof of vaccination for entry and don’t require the audience to wear masks.  We can’t allow the anti-vaxxers to control society for the rest of our lives.  They can watch shows on YouTube, DVD, and Blu-ray if they refuse to get vaccinated.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,897
    One thing to keep in mind is that PJ has many people who travel internationally for their shows. By this metric, and how safety is the bands number one concern (we all know why) I think it will be a while before there's an arena show. 

PJ isn't a red state country band that blows off restrictions, they will want everything to be just right before they walk on stage a note is played. They were one of the first acts to cancel last spring and they will be one of the last who returns.

Deep down we all know this.
    I agree with the international comment and for sure it was a huge factor in postponing Euro to 2022.  That being said, if we assume for a moment that Canada and the US will eventually figure out that they can open the border to travel with each other for vaccinated folks (hello governments let’s get on with it) I have to believe there isn’t that much third country travel expected for things like St. Louis, OKC, Quebec, etc.  While Canada lags the US on the vax rollout, it will even out by September or so.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    I think this is key. Note internationally. They don’t want PJ fans who follow them show to show contributing to the spread of the virus. They would likely feel responsible, as they typically do when there is fan endangerment directly related to them performing.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    UFC has already had a full event where masks were optional. I know it’s Florida but other states won’t want to be left behind. I think all restrictions will be dropped sooner rather than later. PJ may wait but others won’t. 
    The UFC and Florida are just about the last two places I'm looking to for sensible public safety guidance. I'm fine being "left behind". This isn't a race.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
    edited May 2021
    I think this is key. Note internationally. They don’t want PJ fans who follow them show to show contributing to the spread of the virus. They would likely feel responsible, as they typically do when there is fan endangerment directly related to them performing.
    Once they open the borders to all countries the governments are saying its ok to travel from those areas. If they say its ok to get into the country than it should be ok to go to a concert if concerts are indeed happening. Spring 2020 they did not have those restrictions in place yet before they postponed and when Pearl Jam plays again those restrictions will be lifted telling us its good to go. 
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    PJNB said:
    Indoor shows are a long way off. I’d be surprised if outdoor shows like Ohana in September didn’t happen.
    "PJ not playing Ohana would be silly"

This place is awesome.  :lol: