Options

Pearl Jam key chains quality?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,848
    Mcgruff  needs a pj/ev ice tray . Pj shaped ice cubes for the red!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    mcgruff10 said:
    What is this ev corona beer opener that you speak of??!!!!!??

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    “Fixed” the issue with my safe travels key chain. Used my drill press to make a new key ring hole. That’s probably not breaking!

Perfect fix!!!
  • Options
    Hopefully the merch people are reading this as we like stuff but if it's junk whats the point?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Close to 12 years of continuous use and still going strong, Chris!

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    Mcgruff  needs a pj/ev ice tray . Pj shaped ice cubes for the red!
    Ha ha, you know it!   I m digging the ev beer opener, are these easy to find or am I looking
    for the equivalent of a Pitt 2013 poster?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    pdalowsky said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What is this ev corona beer opener that you speak of??!!!!!??
    Im pretty sure i have an extra 
    Let me know Paul!  Thanks.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Hopefully the merch people are reading this as we like stuff but if it's junk whats the point?
    I tell you what is junk. Some of the  modern t shirts.  Print not centered  . Poor quality materials don't  hold shape and not cheap to buy. I stopped buying the newer ones
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I tell you what is junk. Some of the  modern t shirts.  Print not centered  . Poor quality materials don't  hold shape and not cheap to buy. I stopped buying the newer ones
    For the Fenway shows the 2016 hoodie w the embroidery and patches was beautiful so I bought 2.  I saw the 2018 for the same price with screened emblems instead of patches and I passed.  I know people bought them but I wasn't wasting my money on an inferior product at the same price from the previous one. 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,363
    For the Fenway shows the 2016 hoodie w the embroidery and patches was beautiful so I bought 2.  I saw the 2018 for the same price with screened emblems instead of patches and I passed.  I know people bought them but I wasn't wasting my money on an inferior product at the same price from the previous one. 
    I bought both. The zipper went on the 2016, so IDK which is "better". 2018 going strong.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    I bought both. The zipper went on the 2016, so IDK which is "better". 2018 going strong.
    The 2016 is my go to and everyone that owned one, loved it.  The 2018 I received in a mystery box so I was glad I didn't pay for one.  It is lighter and is my back up when I don't wear the 2016 or 2013 Wrigley.  I wear the Wrigley sparingly now as I am not paying the price of one now or if I could even find one.
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,335
    I've had 2 safe travels keychains from the 2018 shows break. Both have broken where the actual pendant/circle thing attaches to the chain. Not very durable in my experience. Wish I had bought a few extra.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Both Safe Travels, PJ20, Wrigley 2016 keychains are very sturdy.  They show little wear after much use. 

Unfortunately, most PJ keychains have so-so chains with flimsy links at each end.  I tighten that link with pliars every now and then.  
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076

Hear ye! I was also planning to buy a 2018 hoodie and I was disappointed that the emblems were not embroidered or sewn-on twill. I also passed. My most disappointing PJ purchase was the 2013 Wrigley windbreaker jacket. It looked so awesome in the preview ads but it is the cheapest piece of merch I own. 65 bucks for something that probably cost 5 bucks to make. And it fits small. I wear it once or twice a year just to justify it, and to remind myself to not make the same mistake again.

By comparison the Foo Fighters made some nice-looking and nice-feeling jackets for the 2015 shows, but I read many reviews that they fell apart and had issues so I likewise balked.

Quality goods will get me to spend quality money.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,363
    My wife got a Paul McCartned Jacket at his show about 2 years ago for $100. Wears it all the time, super quality. We need stuff like this.
    https://reverb.com/item/27190144-custom-paul-mccartney-hofner-tour-jacket-one-on-one-xxl-rare-made-in-usa
  • Options
    There are two different  safe travels . The first ones are better made
     These newer ones nowhere  near the quality 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    Love my Lightning Bolt keychain that only gets better with age!
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,107
    Agree! My lightning bolt is fantastic. That is some thick metal! Well worth the $10 back in the day.
  • Options
    MKSNYC said:
    Love the church key!
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    MKSNYC said:
    Love the church key!
    Thanks - comes in handy :-)
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,999
    pdalowsky said:
    mine all collect dust on a table top....I had no idea these were sold to be used  :open_mouth:=)
    Thinking the same dude. Do people buy merch to use? Lol. Mine are all in a draw. bahaha
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,740
    23scidoo said:
    The best @tempo_n_groove!!

That is a nice looking keychain there.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory