Options

please wear your masks

MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
edited March 2021 in A Moving Train
I currently work part time at a well-known, healthy supermarket alongside a day job that has been affected by COVID (my salary has been reduced, but not my job duties). I need this part time job to add to my salary. My store is considered a high volume store in an affluent suburb. These are the situations that have happened at my store since the pandemic. I wish I were making these up:

1) an employee got spit on by an anti-masker after calling him a "Liberal F*G" (without even knowing his political leaning) 
2.) a guy was calling up multiple times a day to harass our customer service managers calling them "communists" for having a mask policy
3.) people wear a mask to get past the person at the door, put take it off to taunt other mask-wearers and workers. They even yell it out loud to cause attention
4.) we have women come in and throw around the fact that their husbands are lawyers and they are being discriminated against because they have a "medical condition" 
5.) We had a guy come in and say that COVID is fake and refused to wear a mask, even though we provide them
6.) A middle-aged came came in and forced himself in without a mask and when the store manager confronted him, he pulled out his phone to film him while calling him "a communist." His wife later called up screaming at the customer service manager. The police were called...police came and did NOTHING. They let him come in a shop maskless even with the stunt he pulled. 
It's a like a battlefield everyday. 

You have no idea what essential workers are dealing with. This pandemic has brought out the worst in people and before you say “just quit and find another job.” Believe me, in trying. I wish it were that easy. 
Large corporations do NOT care. They are only worried about lawsuits with all this.  
Please be kind to grocery store/essential workers and wear your mask even if you think they don't work. 
I'm mentally about to break. Thank you for listening. 
Post edited by Melzombie on

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    If everyone would just stop being an asshole it would help.

Wear your mask.  I've heard many people say, "If you are scared just stay home".  Well....if you are scared to wear your mask, just stay home.  The lack of empathy for others is astounding.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,502
    Melzombie said:
    I currently work part time at a well-known, healthy supermarket alongside a day job that has been affected by COVID (my salary has been reduced, but not my job duties). I need this part time job to add to my salary. My store is considered a high volume store in an affluent suburb. These are the situations that have recently happened at my store. 

1) an employee got spit on by an anti-masker
    2.) a guy was calling up multiple times a day to harass our customer service managers calling them "communists" for having a mask policy
    3.) people wear a mask to get past the person at the door, put take it off to taunt other mask-wearers and workers. They even yell it out loud to cause attention
    4.) we have women come in and throw around the fact that their husbands are lawyers and they are being discriminated against because they have a "medical condition" 
    5.) We had a guy come in and say that COVID is fake and refused to wear a mask, even though we provide them. 

You have no idea what essential workers are dealing with. This pandemic has brought out the worst in people. 
    Large corporations do NOT care. They are only worried about lawsuits with all this.  
    Please be kind to grocery store/essential workers and wear your mask even if you think they don't work. 
    I am really sorry to hear about the abuse you and your co-workers are getting. We have a lot of people where I work and live that don't wear masks, but they aren't as abusive as what you are having to deal with. My wife and I have both been vaccinated, but we wear our masks everywhere we go. People suck.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    Melzombie said:
    I currently work part time at a well-known, healthy supermarket alongside a day job that has been affected by COVID (my salary has been reduced, but not my job duties). I need this part time job to add to my salary. My store is considered a high volume store in an affluent suburb. These are the situations that have recently happened at my store. 

5.) We had a guy come in and say that COVID is fake and refused to wear a mask, even though we provide them. 

You have no idea what essential workers are dealing with. This pandemic has brought out the worst in people and before you say “just quit and find another job.” Believe me, in trying. I wish it were that easy. 
    #4 - Is her medical condition that she married a lawyer?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,761
    Melzombie said:

I completely get it. My store has been open through the entire pandemic. It’s a small paint shop and even though I’m in NY where we were hit so hard, we still had to deal with these types of assholes. Fortunately because we are a small business and not some big corporate place, we have no problem throwing people out who don’t mask up. We won’t even entertain them for a split second. Good luck and don’t let it get to you. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241

Wear your mask.  I've heard many people say, "If you are scared just stay home".  Well....if you are scared to wear your mask, just stay home.  The lack of empathy for others is astounding.
    I like that line. We are starting to see the push back again because numbers are low and vaccinations are starting to become more available. These next few months will be hard. People want to be done so bad, but we're not quite there.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    Melzombie said:

nicknyr15 said:
    Melzombie said:

I completely get it. My store has been open through the entire pandemic. It’s a small paint shop and even though I’m in NY where we were hit so hard, we still had to deal with these types of assholes. Fortunately because we are a small business and not some big corporate place, we have no problem throwing people out who don’t mask up. We won’t even entertain them for a split second. Good luck and don’t let it get to you. 
    Melz, Nick,
    This hugely sucks, guys.  I'm very sorry to hear about the creeps you have to deal with.  People like that are why I sometimes feel hugely misanthropic.  On the other hand, people like you give me much needed reassurance that there are good people in the world.  Thank you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    tbergs said:

I like that line. We are starting to see the push back again because numbers are low and vaccinations are starting to become more available. These next few months will be hard. People want to be done so bad, but we're not quite there.
    yeah, I was saying the same thing to my wife a few months ago; "just wait, once people start getting vaccinated, all hell will break loose and half the population will stop following covid protocols". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Some people are just assholes. Ridiculously big ones. And just itching for a “reason” to show that beautiful side of themselves. 

I’m sorry you’re dealing with the dregs. Happens here too - semi-affluent area of LA. Some folks can be such dicks - so much for being in this clusterfuck together. People will pull whatever card they can, and fuck anyone who’s in their way.

I don’t blame you at all for venting. You can always scream here if it helps. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,490
    This pandemic has brought out the worst in so many people. 

I'm sorry you & others have to deal with this bs. 
  • Options
    I think it's also important to note, not taking away what the OP has dealt with, that a lot of people are stressed the fuck out like we can't even imagine, no job, no support system, etc, so often times that comes out as being an asshole to people. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Melzombie said:
    I currently work part time at a well-known, healthy supermarket alongside a day job that has been affected by COVID (my salary has been reduced, but not my job duties). I need this part time job to add to my salary. My store is considered a high volume store in an affluent suburb. These are the situations that have happened at my store since the pandemic. I wish I were making these up:

5.) We had a guy come in and say that COVID is fake and refused to wear a mask, even though we provide them
    6.) A middle-aged came came in and forced himself in without a mask and when the store manager confronted him, he pulled out his phone to film him while calling him "a communist." His wife later called up screaming at the customer service manager. The police were called...police came and did NOTHING. They let him come in a shop maskless even with the stunt he pulled. 
    It's a like a battlefield everyday. 

So very very very sorry to hear you are having to put up with this. What state are you in if you don't mind me asking? Only assuming there is a mask mandate the cops would have done something ( I guess one would wish )

As someone who has to come into an office everyday and deal with the public , I am very lucky I work for a small company that actual cares about its employees and we have zero slack no not wearing a mask.

Also I feel like when I am in a store and see some stupid shit like this I want to say something because I assume the employees are limited to same something. Honestly asking your opinion , do you think that makes it worst or you like it when a customer intervenes.  

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    I think it's also important to note, not taking away what the OP has dealt with, that a lot of people are stressed the fuck out like we can't even imagine, no job, no support system, etc, so often times that comes out as being an asshole to people. 

Yeah, I think that's understandable.  Stress can make people cranky.  But of course I can't understand people treating essential workers like shit.  That just crosses a line.   They might as well be saying, "Hey, thanks for working in a grocery store so I can buy food and stay alive but fuck you, I'm not gonna wear a mask."

I don't go out a whole lot these days but when I do and I see someone in the post office or grocery store not wearing a mask, I will utter behind my mask something like, "Nice mask, dude (or lady)".  Or, "No mask? You must be someone special."  It's particularly effective if they hear it but don't know who said it.  I don't make eye contact and I wear a mask so they can't pin it on me.  Fuck 'em!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Yeah, I think that's understandable.  Stress can make people cranky.  But of course I can't understand people treating essential workers like shit.  That just crosses a line.   They might as well be saying, "Hey, thanks for working in a grocery store so I can buy food and stay alive but fuck you, I'm not gonna wear a mask."

I don't go out a whole lot these days but when I do and I see someone in the post office or grocery store not wearing a mask, I will utter behind my mask something like, "Nice mask, dude (or lady)".  Or, "No mask? You must be someone special."  It's particularly effective if they hear it but don't know who said it.  I don't make eye contact and I wear a mask so they can't pin it on me.  Fuck 'em!
    LOL. how very passive aggressive of you, Brian! But I get it. You never know what kind of nutjob is going to snap on you just for a benign comment like that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I am so sorry that you and everyone who is being subjected to this kind of behavior has to deal with this.
    Lately, I'm thinking how is it that some people are born without a brain? Is it a genetic thing or something else? Do they have half a brain maybe? To say that the whole thing in the past year has been mind-boggling is so ironic. Then there's the issue of simply caring about other people who may have health conditions that make them extremely vulnerable. Like I said, it's mind-boggling. Hang in there...sending you and the others good vibes and big, big hugs. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Kat said:
    I am so sorry that you and everyone who is being subjected to this kind of behavior has to deal with this.
    Lately, I'm thinking how is it that some people are born without a brain? Is it a genetic thing or something else? Do they have half a brain maybe? To say that the whole thing in the past year has been mind-boggling is so ironic. Then there's the issue of simply caring about other people who may have health conditions that make them extremely vulnerable. Like I said, it's mind-boggling. Hang in there...sending you and the others good vibes and big, big hugs. 
    Me too.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,941
    God this is a hard read my heart goes out to you. What the hell are these people doing. Its fucking deplorable.  Us stupid human beings 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,601
    This woman should be banned from Uber and any other ride share platforms, fired from her job, charged with felony assault and after serving her sentence, banished to the Kingdom of Aloneistan. JFC.

An Uber passenger refused a mask and coughed on her driver. Then she ripped off his mask.

Subhakar Khadka’s Uber passenger started screaming profanity and racial slurs at him shortly after he picked her and two friends up in San Francisco on Sunday. He had just stopped to let her buy a mask at a gas station, but now she was refusing to wear it.

“F--- the mask,” the woman said.

Then, leaning toward the driver, she ripped off her mask and coughed on him several times.

“And I got corona,” another passenger said, laughing. Then the woman who had coughed grabbed the driver’s phone and tore his mask off his face.

A video of the incident recorded from Khadka’s security camera went viral this week after KPIX reporter Dion Lim tweeted it out, garnering more than 2.3 million views by early Wednesday.

San Francisco police said Tuesday that they are investigating the incident, while both Uber and Lyft said they have banned the rider who stole the driver’s mask, who has yet to be named, from using their apps.

“This behavior is completely unacceptable and goes against our Community Guidelines,” Uber said in a statement Monday.

Violent conflicts over mask policies have become common since governments and companies have mandated face coverings to slow the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. In October, two sisters in Chicago allegedly stabbed a security guard 27 times when he asked them to put on masks before entering a shoe store. Last month, a man in New Orleans fatally shot a police officer who intervened as he fought an employee trying to stop him from entering a basketball game without a mask.

Khadka, 32, picked up the three passengers seen in the viral video around 12:45 p.m. on Sunday, San Francisco police said. After the women entered his car, he noticed one wasn’t wearing a mask. He asked her to put one on but she said she didn’t have one. Khadka drove to a gas station so her friend, who was wearing a mask, could buy one.

By the time the friend returned, the two other passengers were already taunting Khadka and berating him for picking them up in the first place, according to videos captured by one of the passengers and posted on her Instagram. Fed up with how they were treating him, Khadka told the women that he was ending the ride and asked them to get out of his car.

“You can get out. Please. I don’t want to drive you. Please get out,” he said, according to the passenger’s videos. “I’m confirming it the last time. I’m going home, you are free to get out of my car.”

But the passengers refused to get out and the altercation escalated. The woman sitting behind Khadka reached over him, grabbed his phone out of his hand and ripped off his mask, breaking one of the ear loops.

“You don’t touch my property,” he said, according to his surveillance video.

You were going to kick us out in the middle of nowhere,” she said. “Are you stupid?”

Police said that when the women finally exited his car, one of them “reached into an open window and sprayed what is believed to be pepper spray into the vehicle and toward the driver.” Then they fled.

Khadka told KPIX that the spray was so suffocating that he had to get out of his car. The spray lingered and left a blue residue in his car. After several pleas for help, Uber gave Khadka $120 to get his car thoroughly cleaned, according to messages posted by KPIX.

Khadka, who immigrated to the United States from Nepal eight years ago and sends money back to his family, said in an interview with KPIX that he didn’t deserve to be treated that way.

“I never said anything bad to them, I never cursed, I was not raised that way. I don’t hit people, I am not raised that way, so they were not getting out of my car,” he said.

He added that he thinks the passengers were harassing him because he’s South Asian.

“If I was another complexion, I would have not gotten that treatment from them,” he said. “The moment I opened my mouth to speak, they realized I’m [not] one of them, so it’s easy for them to intimidate me.”

On Instagram posts apparently made by the passenger who coughed on Khadka, the woman accused him of trying to force them to exit on the freeway. She added that his “plan was to go viral from the beginning instead of just taking us to our destination,” she wrote in her Instagram stories Tuesday.

“It’s always two sides to the story and [there] was a reason why he only cropped the video to 40 seconds and sent it to the news,” she added. “He never wanted to show y’all what he did that [led] up to that.”

In a live stream, which was recorded and posted on Twitter, the woman also admitted to assaulting him.

“All I did was smack — take his mask off and cough a little bit, but I don’t even have corona,” she said, before later conceding that her actions were “disrespectful” and that “I was wrong for that” for taking off his mask. “But it could have been avoided.”

“That’s why I take Lyft!” she added.

Lyft officials responded to a tweet of the live stream saying that even though the incident didn’t involve their company, it was “unacceptable treatment of the driver” so they would “permanently remove the rider from the Lyft community.”

In response to the video and the minimal funding Khadka received from Uber to cover cleaning and lost wages, Cyan Banister, a venture capitalist who was an early Uber investor, started a GoFundMe with a goal of raising $20,000. By Wednesday morning, the page had raised more than $29,000. Banister also pledged to match the $20,000 to assist with legal fees.

“He shared his video simply because he wanted justice. He didn’t expect any of us to step forward, but we did,” Banister wrote after speaking with Khadka. “No person should have to go on the news and raise awareness this way to get justice but sometimes we have to be loud and we have to use our voices and influence to stick up for others around us.”

Uber driver Subhakar Khadka coughed on by a passenger in viral video - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    To me, that’s the equivalent of someone posting diatribes and being generally dickish on these forums, then chalking it up to “going through a tough time” or “having a bad day”. I’ve also witnessed many bubbled haves who simply feel they’re special. 

If that’s the way of thinking, let’s ALL be assholes! We’re all stressed out anyway.

As for saying anything to someone about not wearing a mask? No games from me; I just keep the fuck away from them. I neither need nor want to incur the wrath of the irrational...at least not face-to-face. 
  • Options
    that's not what I was saying, but if that's how you took it, so be it. very cynical and negative spin on it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    This woman should be banned from Uber and any other ride share platforms, fired from her job, charged with felony assault and after serving her sentence, banished to the Kingdom of Aloneistan. JFC.

An Uber passenger refused a mask and coughed on her driver. Then she ripped off his mask.

Subhakar Khadka’s Uber passenger started screaming profanity and racial slurs at him shortly after he picked her and two friends up in San Francisco on Sunday. He had just stopped to let her buy a mask at a gas station, but now she was refusing to wear it.

“F--- the mask,” the woman said.

Then, leaning toward the driver, she ripped off her mask and coughed on him several times.

“And I got corona,” another passenger said, laughing. Then the woman who had coughed grabbed the driver’s phone and tore his mask off his face.

A video of the incident recorded from Khadka’s security camera went viral this week after KPIX reporter Dion Lim tweeted it out, garnering more than 2.3 million views by early Wednesday.

San Francisco police said Tuesday that they are investigating the incident, while both Uber and Lyft said they have banned the rider who stole the driver’s mask, who has yet to be named, from using their apps.

“This behavior is completely unacceptable and goes against our Community Guidelines,” Uber said in a statement Monday.

Violent conflicts over mask policies have become common since governments and companies have mandated face coverings to slow the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. In October, two sisters in Chicago allegedly stabbed a security guard 27 times when he asked them to put on masks before entering a shoe store. Last month, a man in New Orleans fatally shot a police officer who intervened as he fought an employee trying to stop him from entering a basketball game without a mask.

Khadka, 32, picked up the three passengers seen in the viral video around 12:45 p.m. on Sunday, San Francisco police said. After the women entered his car, he noticed one wasn’t wearing a mask. He asked her to put one on but she said she didn’t have one. Khadka drove to a gas station so her friend, who was wearing a mask, could buy one.

By the time the friend returned, the two other passengers were already taunting Khadka and berating him for picking them up in the first place, according to videos captured by one of the passengers and posted on her Instagram. Fed up with how they were treating him, Khadka told the women that he was ending the ride and asked them to get out of his car.

“You can get out. Please. I don’t want to drive you. Please get out,” he said, according to the passenger’s videos. “I’m confirming it the last time. I’m going home, you are free to get out of my car.”

But the passengers refused to get out and the altercation escalated. The woman sitting behind Khadka reached over him, grabbed his phone out of his hand and ripped off his mask, breaking one of the ear loops.

“You don’t touch my property,” he said, according to his surveillance video.

You were going to kick us out in the middle of nowhere,” she said. “Are you stupid?”

Police said that when the women finally exited his car, one of them “reached into an open window and sprayed what is believed to be pepper spray into the vehicle and toward the driver.” Then they fled.

Khadka told KPIX that the spray was so suffocating that he had to get out of his car. The spray lingered and left a blue residue in his car. After several pleas for help, Uber gave Khadka $120 to get his car thoroughly cleaned, according to messages posted by KPIX.

Khadka, who immigrated to the United States from Nepal eight years ago and sends money back to his family, said in an interview with KPIX that he didn’t deserve to be treated that way.

“I never said anything bad to them, I never cursed, I was not raised that way. I don’t hit people, I am not raised that way, so they were not getting out of my car,” he said.

He added that he thinks the passengers were harassing him because he’s South Asian.

“If I was another complexion, I would have not gotten that treatment from them,” he said. “The moment I opened my mouth to speak, they realized I’m [not] one of them, so it’s easy for them to intimidate me.”

On Instagram posts apparently made by the passenger who coughed on Khadka, the woman accused him of trying to force them to exit on the freeway. She added that his “plan was to go viral from the beginning instead of just taking us to our destination,” she wrote in her Instagram stories Tuesday.

“It’s always two sides to the story and [there] was a reason why he only cropped the video to 40 seconds and sent it to the news,” she added. “He never wanted to show y’all what he did that [led] up to that.”

In a live stream, which was recorded and posted on Twitter, the woman also admitted to assaulting him.

“All I did was smack — take his mask off and cough a little bit, but I don’t even have corona,” she said, before later conceding that her actions were “disrespectful” and that “I was wrong for that” for taking off his mask. “But it could have been avoided.”

“That’s why I take Lyft!” she added.

Lyft officials responded to a tweet of the live stream saying that even though the incident didn’t involve their company, it was “unacceptable treatment of the driver” so they would “permanently remove the rider from the Lyft community.”

In response to the video and the minimal funding Khadka received from Uber to cover cleaning and lost wages, Cyan Banister, a venture capitalist who was an early Uber investor, started a GoFundMe with a goal of raising $20,000. By Wednesday morning, the page had raised more than $29,000. Banister also pledged to match the $20,000 to assist with legal fees.

“He shared his video simply because he wanted justice. He didn’t expect any of us to step forward, but we did,” Banister wrote after speaking with Khadka. “No person should have to go on the news and raise awareness this way to get justice but sometimes we have to be loud and we have to use our voices and influence to stick up for others around us.”

Uber driver Subhakar Khadka coughed on by a passenger in viral video - The Washington Post

JFC is right. Three not-so-little pigs.

That poor guy.
  • Options
    that's not what I was saying, but if that's how you took it, so be it. very cynical and negative spin on it.
    It’s not a spin, it’s my opinion.

I don’t like assholes. I generally won’t make excuses for them.

Not too difficult to get, right? 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    hedonist said:

I share that opinion.

OP, I am sorry that you have to endure this.  People can be awful ^&%@s and about half of the population is miserable and will do anything that they can to cause others pain. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,823
    I'm curious about where this store is. (state, city/suburbs/rural...) I go to exactly one grocery store now (Lunds in Highland Park for those who know the Twin Cities; I used to rotate a couple others in). Why? Because the adherence to the mask mandate is 99.99%. On most trips, I don't even see a nose out. It's amazing and as I'm trying to get through the last few months to my vaccination, this is the environment I want to be in.  Then I go to Target and I see noses out all over, a customer pulling her mask down to complain at the cashier, and I get a taste of what I would bet is going on at most stores these days.

God people like the OP is talking about piss me off. We're just trying to get through (speaking for myself, anyway) to the point where we've all had the opportunity to be vaccinated and these people are endangering us out of displaced anger and spite.  And not an ounce of compassion for the people who spend their full days coming in contact with the public.  You want to scream that restaurants should be open and those rights supersede trying to combat this, fine. But to openly risk exposure to provide a point and to be so (willfully, in my opinion) ignorant is just fucked up and these are not good people.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,601
    OnWis97 said:
    I'm curious about where this store is. (state, city/suburbs/rural...) I go to exactly one grocery store now (Lunds in Highland Park for those who know the Twin Cities; I used to rotate a couple others in). Why? Because the adherence to the mask mandate is 99.99%. On most trips, I don't even see a nose out. It's amazing and as I'm trying to get through the last few months to my vaccination, this is the environment I want to be in.  Then I go to Target and I see noses out all over, a customer pulling her mask down to complain at the cashier, and I get a taste of what I would bet is going on at most stores these days.

God people like the OP is talking about piss me off. We're just trying to get through (speaking for myself, anyway) to the point where we've all had the opportunity to be vaccinated and these people are endangering us out of displaced anger and spite.  And not an ounce of compassion for the people who spend their full days coming in contact with the public.  You want to scream that restaurants should be open and those rights supersede trying to combat this, fine. But to openly risk exposure to provide a point and to be so (willfully, in my opinion) ignorant is just fucked up and these are not good people.
    Deplorable, some might say.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Second paragraph, really well-said. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:

i didn't think my point was difficult to get either, but here we are. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonist said:

i didn't think my point was difficult to get either, but here we are. 
    Dead horse, man. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,502
    With all due respect and sympathy to the families and friends of people who have lost loved ones to COVID, to me one of the worst things that has happened during this pandemic, and honestly even before it, is the loss of empathy that people have. Many people just don't care how their actions affect others. No one wants to wear a mask or social distance, but when you realize that you have the potential to infect someone and not even know you are doing it, it should guide how you act. I get that a lot of people don't like wearing masks, but they are really not the burden that people make them out to be. My experience is that most of the people I am around that don't wear them do so because they won't be told what to do. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    With all due respect and sympathy to the families and friends of people who have lost loved ones to COVID, to me one of the worst things that has happened during this pandemic, and honestly even before it, is the loss of empathy that people have. Many people just don't care how their actions affect others. No one wants to wear a mask or social distance, but when you realize that you have the potential to infect someone and not even know you are doing it, it should guide how you act. I get that a lot of people don't like wearing masks, but they are really not the burden that people make them out to be. My experience is that most of the people I am around that don't wear them do so because they won't be told what to do. 
    And this generation of children coming up (Z? Alpha?) collectively sacrificed a year of their childhoods to bear witness to how goddamn shitty these previous generations behave and how their actions/inaction have set them up for incredibly challenging future. 

Americans really are exceptional.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    dankind said:
    And this generation of children coming up (Z? Alpha?) collectively sacrificed a year of their childhoods to bear witness to how goddamn shitty these previous generations behave and how their actions/inaction have set them up for incredibly challenging future. 

Americans really are exceptional.

#truth
    The love he receives is the love that is saved