Options

Oprah interviews the cast off royals...

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    He supports  the same team as me. 
    Hockey?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,963
    Haha football man
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    And I like cricket as does he. Oh dear this paints a pale picture  of me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Haha football man
    You a Man U fan?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Arsenal. Piers is a famous arsenal fan also
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    I like Liverpool and their slogan "you'll never walk alone"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Cool cool. Half my buddies are Man U fans and the other half are arsenal fans.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    We need a thread

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Megs  dad is on breakfast with piers morgan tomorrow.  Dear lord the carnival 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    Best music has to be played on the Man City arena though...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I'm watching  this interview  right now .
    Its cringe and  I'm shocked that the powers let her say some of this .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I'm watching  this interview  right now .
    Its cringe and  I'm shocked that the powers let her say some of this .
    What powers could stop her from saying something?

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Well I guess the same powers that stopped her before. There  is a long history  of them shutting people up. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    The Royal machine  has clearly always been racist . Philip has on many occasions  been racist in public. I'm glad they are calling it out make no mistake 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Exactly.  Our history  is as racist as it gets.  Steeling countries and enslaving people.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    To be fair, the royals don’t like anyone that isn’t Royal, and probably deep down hate themselves.
  • Options
    Its a sect 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    Well I guess the same powers that stopped her before. There  is a long history  of them shutting people up. 
    But what can they do? Stop supporting them financially and remove their titles? They already dropped that on their own. Once they separated themselves from the royal family and were on their own financially, there really is nothing they could do to keep them from talking. We're all free to talk about complain about the royal family. None of it would be TV worthy unless you are from it. Short of some North Korean style assassination they can't stop them from talking to the media. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Diana seemed nice.  The boys and wives seem okay too.  Thats the extent of my opinions on some family 4000 miles away that isn’t mine. 
  • Options
    Piers Morgan  looks to have left his job over this. He did look a complete  idiot. Watch him get owned by the weather  guy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Pitiful. What a thin skinned little person he is. 

https://twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/status/1369180621290020866?s=21
  • Options
    I havent seen the whole thing yet, just about 10 minutes of clips. But the thing I can't figure out is how in the world would she not know what she was getting into? Did she not google anything? Did she not ask Harry about life as a royal? Did Harry not tell her what it was like, and what it did to het mom? Did she just come out of a cave she had lived in for 20 years? If I was even considering dating a royal, let alone marrying one, i'd do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions. None of this should have been a surprise to me.
    That doesn't mean she deserves it or I dont feel sorry if its true, just doesn't make sense that she wouldn't know what she was walking into. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mace1229 said:
    I havent seen the whole thing yet, just about 10 minutes of clips. But the thing I can't figure out is how in the world would she not know what she was getting into? Did she not google anything? Did she not ask Harry about life as a royal? Did Harry not tell her what it was like, and what it did to het mom? Did she just come out of a cave she had lived in for 20 years? If I was even considering dating a royal, let alone marrying one, i'd do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions. None of this should have been a surprise to me.
    That doesn't mean she deserves it or I dont feel sorry if its true, just doesn't make sense that she wouldn't know what she was walking into. 
    I haven't watched any of it, but it would be downright odd if she a) didn't ask him and/or b) he didn't mention it. I would actually imagine it came up ad nauseum. But it probably just ended up much much worse than she/they thought it would. 

it's like becoming famous in an instant. people tell you things, you can be as prepared as you wish, but everyone says it's 1000x more intense than anything anyone can explain to you. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    She mentions that she did not google or research much of anything.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    The way the royals are treated / covered by the press is no secret, so naivety is definitely a weak excuse... but expecting Harry's family to accept their mixed race children wasn't asking too much. 

Good for them to walk away from that bullshit. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I saw that clip too, that's just hard for me to believe. You're marrying into a royal family and you don't google or research anything about it? Doesn't seem realistic, people facebook their first dates, and they're just normal people, not royalty. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I saw that clip too, that's just hard for me to believe. You're marrying into a royal family and you don't google or research anything about it? Doesn't seem realistic, people facebook their first dates, and they're just normal people, not royalty. 
    I didn't realize you had to "curtsey" to the Queen when you are seeing her as Grandma.  That I found believable from her.  I had no idea...
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I didn't realize you had to "curtsey" to the Queen when you are seeing her as Grandma.  That I found believable from her.  I had no idea...
    I'm not saying I don't believe any of it. I saw that part too. And how she said she didn't know she was going to have to curtsey until on her way there in the car and Harry tried to teach her right there or something like that. But that whole circumstance, aside from having to curtsey, strikes me as very odd too. You mean they didnt have a conversation like this:
    "We're going to meet my grandma tomorrow."
    "You mean the Queen?"
    "Yes, that one."
    "Cool. Anything I need to know before we go?"

I mean, really? I believe a lot of what she said, but some of it just seems too odd.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I'm not saying I don't believe any of it. I saw that part too. And how she said she didn't know she was going to have to curtsey until on her way there in the car and Harry tried to teach her right there or something like that. But that whole circumstance, aside from having to curtsey, strikes me as very odd too. You mean they didnt have a conversation like this:
    "We're going to meet my grandma tomorrow."
    "You mean the Queen?"
    "Yes, that one."
    "Cool. Anything I need to know before we go?"

I mean, really? I believe a lot of what she said, but some of it just seems too odd.
    They went over that too but it was that day.  Meghan said " but it's your grandma?" to which he replied "It's the Queen of England"