Discogs Random Item Game

Comments

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited March 2021
    brianlux said:
    I think I may have played this record one or two times in my life:
    Are You Experienced Vinyl LP Album Stereo Reissue album cover

The Jimi Hendrix Experience ‎– Are You Experienced?

Label:
    Reprise Records ‎– RS 6261
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Reissue
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

Amazing record
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    brianlux said:
    I think I may have played this record one or two times in my life:
    Are You Experienced Vinyl LP Album Stereo Reissue album cover

The Jimi Hendrix Experience ‎– Are You Experienced?

Label:
    Reprise Records ‎– RS 6261
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Reissue
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

Amazing record

OMG, yes!  I just finished listening to it for the 10,000th time and it never fails to send me into musical bliss.  The timing was perfect as I'm just reaching the end of reading Noel Redding's biography, Are You Experienced?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

• Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352
    Gotta say that I love  this thread and dig checking out everybody's random stuff. One more late night spin of the wheel gives us....

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Frank Sinatra ‎– Come Fly With Me

Label:
    Capitol Records ‎– SM-920
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Mono
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Gotta say that I love  this thread and dig checking out everybody's random stuff. One more late night spin of the wheel gives us....

That's a cool version.  I didn't know there was an official pink. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Read about this fascinating African band in one of Henry Rollins' books.  Thanks for the tip, Henry!
    Imidiwan Companions Vinyl LP Album album cover

Tinariwen ‎– Imidiwan: Companions

Label:
    Independiente ‎– ISOM78LP
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:
    Tinariwen - Wikipedia
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901

Yeah, it's funny because a lot of times I will see something and forget that I had it.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901

Leon Spencer* ‎– Where I'm Coming From

Label:
    Prestige ‎– PR 10063, Prestige ‎– Prestige 10063, Prestige ‎– PRT-10063
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,952
    mrussel1 said:

I love this one. I have on CD, but need to get on vinyl. 
  • Options

• Options

• Options

Mike Watt!!!  :smiley:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    brianlux said:p

Right?? This was as close as I came to seeing The Minutemen but I've seen Watt several times opening for X. I'm sure we got there late and missed them...

1984 btw...
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • Options

Right?? This was as close as I came to seeing The Minutemen but I've seen Watt several times opening for X. I'm sure we got there late and missed them...

1984 btw...
    Look at that bill. Wow. 
  • Options

• Options

1984 btw...
    Look at that bill. Wow. 
    Yeah, looking back on it. I was all about SSD at the time. I remember it being a good show but it wasn't the sold out, insane show of the same era  at the Olympic. When GBH or Exploited came to town it was fucking nuts.  I still have all those flyers too. 
  • Options

1984 btw...
    Look at that bill. Wow. 
    Yeah, looking back on it. I was all about SSD at the time. I remember it being a good show but it wasn't the sold out, insane show of the same era  at the Olympic. When GBH or Exploited came to town it was fucking nuts.  I still have all those flyers too. 
    Awesome. I was only 10 in 1984 but got into all those bands later, especially Suicidal, Red Hot “Chile” Peppers 😎 and the Minutemen. I remember a guy we hung out with who had an SSD record and I had to go to Wikipedia to remember what it was.  I think it was Break it Up. 
    Mike Muir and Suicidal were some crazy mofos in those days. Fat Mike told a story involving Muir in that NOFX tell-all book. The punk scene in California read like it was fackin wild. 

• Options

1984 btw...
    Look at that bill. Wow. 
    Awesome. I was only 10 in 1984 but got into all those bands later, especially Suicidal, Red Hot “Chile” Peppers 😎 and the Minutemen. I remember a guy we hung out with who had an SSD record and I had to go to Wikipedia to remember what it was.  I think it was Break it Up. 
    Mike Muir and Suicidal were some crazy mofos in those days. Fat Mike told a story involving Muir in that NOFX tell-all book. The punk scene in California read like it was fackin wild. 

Yeah, wild times. I actually dropped one of my SSD records in this thread early on. Haha! Mike Muir was not and is not a good guy. First hand knowledge. ST's first album is a classic but after that, meh. My brother negotiated their second album contract and I took the pics on the inner sleeve but the album still sucks. Fuck that guy. 
  • Options

• Options

1984 btw...
    Look at that bill. Wow. 

Yeah, wild times. I actually dropped one of my SSD records in this thread early on. Haha! Mike Muir was not and is not a good guy. First hand knowledge. ST's first album is a classic but after that, meh. My brother negotiated their second album contract and I took the pics on the inner sleeve but the album still sucks. Fuck that guy. 
    Fair enough. I love the self titled ST and How Will I Laugh and Lights Camera Revolution in particular. I suppose the myriad of band members ST had gone through is a tell on what kind of guy Muir is. Lol

• Options

1984 btw...
    Look at that bill. Wow. 

Fair enough. I love the self titled ST and How Will I Laugh and Lights Camera Revolution in particular. I suppose the myriad of band members ST had gone through is a tell on what kind of guy Muir is. Lol

Exactly....
  • Options

1984 btw...

Holy shit, yes!

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,854
    Dang^^^^nice inside info on the scene. Cool to be so involved and experience so many shows!! 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Harry Nilsson ‎– Nilsson Schmilsson

Label:
    RCA ‎– 88985403611, Legacy ‎– 88985403611
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, Yellow and White Split
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style: