Summerfest (Milwaukee) moved to September

Summerfest in Milwaukee just announced that they are moving the festival from July to September to allow the vaccines get distributed and in more people. Interesting. It's over three weekends in September ( Sept 2-4, 9-11, 16-18) and the only two concerts still on the books in the USA right now are Sea. Hear. Now Festival and Ohana Festival and both are in September. Hmmmm... I know Pearl Jam was due to play Milwaukee and Madison in 2020. Is there a ray of hope?

I know the odds are small for anything in 2021 but you have to stay positive things will turn around at some point. 
Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.

Comments

• Is there a ray of hope?

Ask me in July.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Bourbon and Beyond (a late Sept. fest) has announced no fest in 2021.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • I didn’t see that they were scheduled to play MKE or Madison or else we wouldn’t have booked shows so far away. Do you have insider info!? That would be awesome if they are playing Wisconsin!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    I didn’t see that they were scheduled to play MKE or Madison or else we wouldn’t have booked shows so far away. Do you have insider info!? That would be awesome if they are playing Wisconsin!
    The rumoured fall tour was going to be leg 2 of the NA tour. We got confirmation from the band in some interviews about it. Nothing was official since it was never announced but we knew it was going to be a swing state heavy tour. Who knows whats going to happen with the legs going forward when they can happen. Hopefully they announce them both together this time for people to cancel further away shows if they want to. 
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
    edited February 2021
    I didn’t see that they were scheduled to play MKE or Madison or else we wouldn’t have booked shows so far away. Do you have insider info!? That would be awesome if they are playing Wisconsin!
    Jeff said in an interview last summer/fall that the band was scheduled to play both Madison and Milwaukee (This killed me as I've been waiting for decades to see the band in Madison) for the swing state tour as PJNB said. There was also someone on the board around the time Covid-19 hit in March that was an employee of the Fiserv Forum (Bucks Arena) said they saw an upcoming events board that had Pearl Jam listed for September. 
    Post edited by coco butter on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • I didn’t see that they were scheduled to play MKE or Madison or else we wouldn’t have booked shows so far away. Do you have insider info!? That would be awesome if they are playing Wisconsin!
    Jeff said in an interview last summer/fall that the band was scheduled to play both Madison and Milwaukee (This killed me as I've been waiting for decades to see the band in Madison) for the swing state tour as PJNB said. There was also someone on the board around the time Covid-19 hit in March that was an employee of the Fiserv Forum (Bucks Arena) said they saw an upcoming events board that had Pearl Jam listed for September. 
    And in addition leading up to the election SiriusXM played past concerts from states the band had wanted to hit in fall 2020 and for sure there were some Wisconsin archive shows played as part of that.   
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,708
    I am contemplating buying tickets for the rescheduled Black Crowes show in St Louis in July. It is at an outdoors amphitheater so there is a possibility that it could take place. My wife and I will both be vaccinated by the end of this month.