Tickets for 2020 Tour

just just wondering how many people requested their money back for the 2020 tour? How long can they keep our money without notifying us of rescheduling the shows? I know the pandemic is causing the delay and uncertainty but it could be another year before shows are rescheduled.what if Ticketmaster goes bankrupt and we lose our money? What guarantees do we have that we either get our money back or the shows are rescheduled? Thoughts?

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,940
    Email the ten club and ask for a refund. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• That wasn’t what I was asking though. Thx
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    just just wondering how many people requested their money back for the 2020 tour? How long can they keep our money without notifying us of rescheduling the shows? I know the pandemic is causing the delay and uncertainty but it could be another year before shows are rescheduled.what if Ticketmaster goes bankrupt and we lose our money? What guarantees do we have that we either get our money back or the shows are rescheduled? Thoughts?
    Nobody here could say for sure. Or at least that’s what I think. If you’re feeling nervous about those things happening, ask for a refund or you could call TM and ask what kind of protections are in place for those scenarios you mentioned. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    That wasn’t what I was asking though. Thx
    You asked for thoughts.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• I actually asked how many people got refunds or how long do you think Ticketmaster can hold our money for. I know I can get a refund. I was just wondering what people were thinking about it.  Our money is making interest, are they going to give that to us? I wonder if we can save our seats but get refund and then pay again once things get rescheduled?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    I have tickets to 8 PJ shows. All pairs aside from a single for MGS that I have. I also have extras that I am holding for friends and family. In total of those 8 shows I think I have 21 tickets or something close to that. Lots of money tied up but I will hold onto them as long as they let me to and have zero worry about ticketmaster taking my money and no shows happening. 
    I actually asked how many people got refunds or how long do you think Ticketmaster can hold our money for. I know I can get a refund. I was just wondering what people were thinking about it.  Our money is making interest, are they going to give that to us? I wonder if we can save our seats but get refund and then pay again once things get rescheduled?
    We definitely won’t be getting interest.  We were all offered the option to get refunds so at this point we have voluntarily let them hold the money. And honestly, at this point we likely have 2022 tickets at 2020 prices.  The difference in price over two years more than makes up for the pennies in interest you might be demanding. 

• PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    on2legs said:
    I actually asked how many people got refunds or how long do you think Ticketmaster can hold our money for. I know I can get a refund. I was just wondering what people were thinking about it.  Our money is making interest, are they going to give that to us? I wonder if we can save our seats but get refund and then pay again once things get rescheduled?
    We definitely won’t be getting interest.  We were all offered the option to get refunds so at this point we have voluntarily let them hold the money. And honestly, at this point we likely have 2022 tickets at 2020 prices.  The difference in price over two years more than makes up for the pennies in interest you might be demanding. 
    Well...it’s that difference in costs (for Pearl Jam Inc.) that might make it more sensible for them to cancel and rebook.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,819
    edited January 2021
    My thoughts would be:
    They will keep the money as long as they can until you request a refund.  It will be many months before new dates are released, at the earliest.
    Theres about a 0.5% chance Ticketmaster goes bankrupt.  In that case, there are no guarantees, your money is probably gone.

If you’re concerned about these odds, reach out to 10c for a refund.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    on2legs said:
    Good call on the pricing!
    Thread has cease and desist potential! Haha! Best wishes OP, hope you find the discussion you’re looking for! 😀
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    It's an interest-free loan to ticketmaster. I read that Live Nation has laid off 95% of its staff so far. As far as bankruptcy, they probably won't go out of business entirely, but it depends how much money you have tied up with them and how much you need it. If it's a couple tickets, no biggie. I got refunds for some but still have about 20 tickets I'm holding onto. At this point I'm cool with just letting it play out and see what happens. If they eventually cancel the tour everyone gets refunds. 
  • Thread has cease and desist potential! Haha! Best wishes OP, hope you find the discussion you’re looking for! 😀
    Why would it be a cease and desist? You make no sense, it’s a legitimate question and doesn’t break any rules. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,265
    edited January 2021
    I didn’t request a refund, got pit for my first pick and decent seats (although I’ve been a member since ‘98 so I anticipated good seats) for the second. 
    I would think they can hold your money indefinitely, as long as they offer a refund for anyone who doesn’t want to wait. But if you’re going to put in for the same shows in a year, why would you? Unless your like many who money is tight for right now, that’s understandable. Other than that, don’t see a reason to request a refund if you plan on still going.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    Thread has cease and desist potential! Haha! Best wishes OP, hope you find the discussion you’re looking for! 😀
    Why would it be a cease and desist? You make no sense, it’s a legitimate question and doesn’t break any rules. 
    Well as long as you’re referring to things that don’t make sense... asking if you’re going to get interest back and if they will give you a refund and still let you keep a hold on your seats is pretty nonsensical. 

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,870
    edited January 2021
    on2legs said:
    Well as long as you’re referring to things that don’t make sense... asking if you’re going to get interest back and if they will give you a refund and still let you keep a hold on your seats is pretty nonsensical. 
    It was just talking points, I know  they aren’t going to offer that. I was just wondering how long they can keep your money. I’m rich so it’s not an issue but just wondering. Thanks for your 2 cents. 
  • Don’t care personally, show is paid for, another thing not to worry about when they do reschedule 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
    Oops! I was jokingly referring to the cover band thread with like 10k views last week. My new term for a thread that has discussion potential. I really should give more context, but my thumbs, they get tired of typing long posts! Sorry Bible-San! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,523
    Even if these shows don't happen until 2022, I'm ok with waiting.   I've got GA tickets for oakland.   I'd rather not go for a 2nd lottery.  Plus i've got a pair I'd promised I'd try to get in the hands of a 10c'er once f2f goes back online.

I'm not really worried about TM going bankrupt.  They probably have ample cash reserves. My concern is whatever was left of independent's probably won't survive, further solidifying the TM/LN monopoly.

I'm more than willing to cut the band slack.   No one knows how this is going to all turn out, but I'll be there as soon as the tour can resume.
  • just just wondering how many people requested their money back for the 2020 tour? How long can they keep our money without notifying us of rescheduling the shows? I know the pandemic is causing the delay and uncertainty but it could be another year before shows are rescheduled.what if Ticketmaster goes bankrupt and we lose our money? What guarantees do we have that we either get our money back or the shows are rescheduled? Thoughts?
    -I'd imagine many people kept their tickets like you, but of those that took refunds, the refunds seem to be getting processed quickly.
    -Ticket companies can keep hold of your money for years and will try to as long as a show isn't fully cancelled. It's just business.
    -They can announce dates of rescheduled shows after the original date passes if they want to.  It's down to personal choice if someone wants their refund.
    -Ticketmaster won't go bankrupt, they will get their percentages and processing fees regardless.
    -You WILL get to a show one day no matter how many times it's rescheduled or you'll give in and take the refund.  it's that simple although unfortunate.

Many people think of these companies as the bad guy and they hold all the money and power which to some extents they do.  Good luck to the concert fan who claims 'I'm never using Ticketmaster again'.  Trust me you either will or go to less concerts.

For me the situation lies with the bands, managers and promoters - they can be almost certain shows in Summer 2021 won't be happening due to the pandemic and not being far enough out of it to travel safely, have large crowds together and so on and so on.  

SO why delay the decision.  Business/money - that's the real reason.  They want to keep hold of fans' money as long as possible with the hope to put on shows eventually.  

Now my personal opinion - bands the size of Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses & Aerosmith (chosen as all touring Summer 2021) - these bands can afford to do the right thing and cancel, refund and rebook a tour when the time is safe.  They can also afford to reschedule really quickly as they will all be competing for the same Summer 2022 dates.  Smaller bands are different and these tours not happening are probably giving them real financial trouble.  Just desperate for fans to keep hold of tickets and give them a show in future.  I expect people may not agree with me on this last point but give it serious thought.  If PJ cancelled and rebooked the tour for Summer 2022 by releasing tickets in Winter 2021 - would you likelihood to buy have changed at all?
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I got a refund immediately. I had my 94 fanclub seats for MSG and the Canada shows. I may one day regret it, or you may all lose your money. I'm in a situation where I cant lose the money. If you can, I guess hold your tickets. But as a consumer this ISN'T ok with me either. So it was a no brainer.

"SO why delay the decision.  Business/money - that's the real reason.  They want to keep hold of fans' money as long as possible with the hope to put on shows eventually. "

And I still think they eliminate GA and resell.
    edited January 2021
    RS65573 said:
    I got a refund immediately. I had my 94 fanclub seats for MSG and the Canada shows. I may one day regret it, or you may all lose your money. I'm in a situation where I cant lose the money. If you can, I guess hold your tickets. But as a consumer this ISN'T ok with me either. So it was a no brainer.

"SO why delay the decision.  Business/money - that's the real reason.  They want to keep hold of fans' money as long as possible with the hope to put on shows eventually. "

And I still think they eliminate GA and resell.
    Think or hope...?

I can't imagine the seats you had for MSG and turned them in though I feel you if the money was needed. What is your plan for getting into the show when they get announced again? 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    I THINK they will, since when sold it was shoulder to shoulder. Id have no interest in that now.
    It'll be the first MSG PJ show id miss. Ill watch on periscope on a huge TV. I'm 46 now. I saw their best shows. 

But Ticketmaster CAN NOT hold my money indefinitely, and I think anyone who lets them is crazy.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,708
    I live in Illinois, which has had some of the most restrictive measures put in place, but they are starting to allow school sports, and more events. As the vaccine becomes more widely distributed, I think the amount of events you see scheduled will increase dramatically. Shows are already being scheduled and tickets sold for later in the year. The Black Crowes and other bands are playing a bunch of outside venues this Summer.   
    edited January 2021
    RS65573 said:
    I THINK they will, since when sold it was shoulder to shoulder. Id have no interest in that now.
    It'll be the first MSG PJ show id miss. Ill watch on periscope on a huge TV. I'm 46 now. I saw their best shows. 

But Ticketmaster CAN NOT hold my money indefinitely, and I think anyone who lets them is crazy.
    I do not look at it as TM holding it indefinitely myself rather than Pearl Jam are the ones holding out but I get it if others see it that way. I want to see Pearl Jam when they come to Canada and MSG. I will hold on to tickets as long as I can to do so. Now if they cancel and reschedule after over a year of holding on to my tickets then I would be pissed for sure. Good luck with getting tickets again and hopefully they add a show so you can try to get to a show. 
    Thanks, but as I said, I wont need luck, I'm definitely skipping it. No indoor shows for me for the foreseeable future.
  • PJNB said:
    RS65573 said:

I do not look at it as TM holding it indefinitely myself rather than Pearl Jam are the ones holding out but I get it if others see it that way. I want to see Pearl Jam when they come to Canada and MSG. I will hold on to tickets as long as I can to do so. Now if they cancel and reschedule after over a year of holding on to my tickets then I would be pissed for sure. Good luck with getting tickets again and hopefully they add a show so you can try to get to a show. 
    100% this is in the hand of PJ, their managers and promoters.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,265
    No one is just holding money indefinitely when you have the option for a refund. You’re keeping your seats or you give them up, you just don’t know when the show is but it is still scheduled to happen.  Now if a refund wasn’t an option I could see reason to be upset and accuse ATM of just holding money. 
    There’s no guarantee there will be another 10c lottery or presale for the refunded tickets. I’m actually assuming there won’t be, so giving up your tickets now means probably not going to the shows.
    mace1229 said:
    No one is just holding money indefinitely when you have the option for a refund. You’re keeping your seats or you give them up, you just don’t know when the show is but it is still scheduled to happen.  Now if a refund wasn’t an option I could see reason to be upset and accuse ATM of just holding money. 
    There’s no guarantee there will be another 10c lottery or presale for the refunded tickets. I’m actually assuming there won’t be, so giving up your tickets now means probably not going to the shows.
    My 10club tickets were behind GA. (which kind of suck)  You think they will have a concert with a GA section? OK. I do not. I believe a redo is a matter of time. And yes, they will hold your money until that plan is a reality.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    RS65573 said:
    mace1229 said:
    My 10club tickets were behind GA. (which kind of suck)  You think they will have a concert with a GA section? OK. I do not. I believe a redo is a matter of time. And yes, they will hold your money until that plan is a reality.
    what unreality bubble are you living in where GA standing next to someone is any different than seated standing next to someone.  If you are under the delusion that they are going to reduce capacity at shows post pandemic that is completely pantently ridiculous. 

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652