Tickets for 2020 Tour

2»

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Unreality bubble huh...alright. RUDE. I don't recall people in seats banging into each other, or sweating on each other. Maybe you don't know what GA is. ;)
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    mace1229 said:
    No one is just holding money indefinitely when you have the option for a refund. You’re keeping your seats or you give them up, you just don’t know when the show is but it is still scheduled to happen.  Now if a refund wasn’t an option I could see reason to be upset and accuse ATM of just holding money. 
    There’s no guarantee there will be another 10c lottery or presale for the refunded tickets. I’m actually assuming there won’t be, so giving up your tickets now means probably not going to the shows.
    There may not be another lottery but the fan2fan resale will be available. I'd think demand will be slightly lower post-pandemic because some percentage of people will decide they're not comfortable traveling, attending a crowded venue, etc. If you're determined to get tickets you'll be able to get them. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,265
    edited January 2021
    RS65573 said:
    mace1229 said:
    No one is just holding money indefinitely when you have the option for a refund. You’re keeping your seats or you give them up, you just don’t know when the show is but it is still scheduled to happen.  Now if a refund wasn’t an option I could see reason to be upset and accuse ATM of just holding money. 
    There’s no guarantee there will be another 10c lottery or presale for the refunded tickets. I’m actually assuming there won’t be, so giving up your tickets now means probably not going to the shows.
    My 10club tickets were behind GA. (which kind of suck)  You think they will have a concert with a GA section? OK. I do not. I believe a redo is a matter of time. And yes, they will hold your money until that plan is a reality.
    Holding your money implies you haven't received anything in return. We have, we have tickets. The date is TBD, but we still have the tickets. Not much different than a preorder in my mind. Therefore I do not see it as just holding my money, I paid for something and I got it. If at any point the show is canceled, or I decide I don't want to wait any more, I will receive a full refund.
    I think a total redo will upset too many people who held on to their ticket for well over a year. I don't see a complete redo happening if it is possible. I just don't see them announcing new dates, and then announcing by the way, those of you who held on to your ticket, those are void now, you will need to enter the new lottery and hope you get selected again. But thanks for hanging onto your tickets for 2 years. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    There may not be another lottery but the fan2fan resale will be available. I'd think demand will be slightly lower post-pandemic because some percentage of people will decide they're not comfortable traveling, attending a crowded venue, etc. If you're determined to get tickets you'll be able to get them. 
    Agree.  For this reason it wouldn’t be a terrible thing if they cancel.  Get a refund and enter the ticket lottery when they reschedule and we might end up with better seats than we were holding all this time. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    RS65573 said:
    Unreality bubble huh...alright. RUDE. I don't recall people in seats banging into each other, or sweating on each other. Maybe you don't know what GA is. ;)
    makes no sense what you are implying.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    Agree.  For this reason it wouldn’t be a terrible thing if they cancel.  Get a refund and enter the ticket lottery when they reschedule and we might end up with better seats than we were holding all this time. 
    I don't see them doing a whole new lottery. And if they don't, you could be SOL. Many of the shows that people were getting 2nd and 3rd picks for in the lottery were instant sell out on the public sale. I had non 10C friends try to get tickets to Denver and not one did. So even if demand is down, getting non 10c still may prove to be difficult. Your gamble would be betting that they do a new lottery, for slightly better seats at the risk of not getting tickets at all. I'd keep my tickets if you're planning on going. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    RS65573 said:
    I don't go too close to the front of GA, but back where I hang out there is usually space. In seats you usually do get that person walking by to hit the bathroom or concessions a few times a show.

But your post did get me thinking about the merch table. THAT is where I have been pushed tight, squeezing between people to put in an order, etc. Pandemic might get fans to have their wish of pre-ordering merch for pick up, or maybe even delivery. 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    hihobibo said:
    But your post did get me thinking about the merch table. THAT is where I have been pushed tight, squeezing between people to put in an order, etc. Pandemic might get fans to have their wish of pre-ordering merch for pick up, or maybe even delivery. 
    Ooh, good thought. I hope that's the case.

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    I don't see them doing a whole new lottery. And if they don't, you could be SOL. Many of the shows that people were getting 2nd and 3rd picks for in the lottery were instant sell out on the public sale. I had non 10C friends try to get tickets to Denver and not one did. So even if demand is down, getting non 10c still may prove to be difficult. Your gamble would be betting that they do a new lottery, for slightly better seats at the risk of not getting tickets at all. I'd keep my tickets if you're planning on going. 
    Even if they don't cancel and 80% of original ticketholders don't get refunds, the 20% that were refunded still adds up to 3.000-4,000 tickets per show that will need to be resold once it's rescheduled. I'd bet it's probably quite a bit higher. And if you miss that, people wind up deciding not to go for whatever reason and put them on the F2F. So it's possible you'd be shut out, but not likely if you make an effort. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,523
    RS65573 said:
    It's also a middle aged person pit.  Where most people don't pull of their shirts, sweat profusely and crash into each other.   The pits are also limited in size (After the giant baseball stadium pits I think people forget how small the Arena pits were/are).   It's not people are moshing around like they're 20 anymore :)
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    I'm OK with the postponement.  I got my tickets and I really don't want to go through another lottery and f2f.
  • Some interesting reading on here - and i can see that I'm referring more to the Euro tour whereas other are US.

US-I can totally see why having held tickets for so long and the difficulty of getting tickets in the first place, would lead to disappointment if the tour was cancelled and rebooked.  Hopefully they replan dates soon.

Euro-maybe 20-25 dates dotted all over Europe that many fans will plan a travel trip for to take in several shows.  Euro was fairly easy to get the tickets via ten club. When it was rescheduled for 2021 the dates were all in a completely different order so most had to re-plan a trip with different countries, and different flights after receiving flight refunds for 2020.  The idea of the tour being rescheduled once again for 2022 all in different order causes so many logistical problems - not counting the fact that the planes are flying so 2021 flight refunds much more difficult.  I'd prefer Euro was cancelled, refunded - then rebooked once safe (plan a new trip entirely)

The reason Europe changes so much is that most weekend dates and Euro festivals with the regular shows dotted in between.  The festival dates for 2022 will predict where/when the other dates happen.

Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • Has anyone tried already to get a refund for European Tickets?
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • RD171825RD171825 Posts: 443
    Keeping my tickets, not giving up my GA floors. Indoors, outdoors it doesnt matter to me, i'l be ready when its rebooked, not afraid to be in crowds either. No point in living in fear... 
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    RD171825 said:
    Keeping my tickets, not giving up my GA floors. Indoors, outdoors it doesnt matter to me, i'l be ready when its rebooked, not afraid to be in crowds either. No point in living in fear... 
    The virus doesn't care whether you are afraid or not.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    NewJPage said:
    RD171825 said:
    The virus doesn't care whether you are afraid or not.
    My guess is by the time we have concerts and especially GA, those who want a vaccine will have it and the risk will be pretty low.