Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    Michael Che referred to her as Cocaine Bear this past weekend. hahaha
    That's an insult to Cocaine Bear, who I view as an American hero after watching the movie.
    Did you go see it?  How was it?  Looks hilarious to me, like a Shaun of the Dead.  Maybe it wasn't supposed to be hilarious. 
    I saw it this weekend.
    Found it highly entertaining. And Shaun of the Dead is a good comp in terms of the style, dark humor. Definitely humor is intended.

And to those going to see it, pay attention to the billboard next to the roadside pay phone. It shows up twice when 2 different characters stop to make a phone call, they don't show it very long so it's a blink and you miss it thing, but I found it rather funny.
    Nice. I really want to see this but there is no chance in hell I can convince the wife to go. 
    Do you have to do everything with your wife?  Blink 2x if you need help.

happy wife, happy life.

along the lines of the old saying, my debt is my debt, your debt is my debt......
    So that's 2 blinks for you...I'll wait on Juggler before reaching out to the authorities
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    That's an insult to Cocaine Bear, who I view as an American hero after watching the movie.
    Did you go see it?  How was it?  Looks hilarious to me, like a Shaun of the Dead.  Maybe it wasn't supposed to be hilarious. 
    I saw it this weekend.
    Found it highly entertaining. And Shaun of the Dead is a good comp in terms of the style, dark humor. Definitely humor is intended.

And to those going to see it, pay attention to the billboard next to the roadside pay phone. It shows up twice when 2 different characters stop to make a phone call, they don't show it very long so it's a blink and you miss it thing, but I found it rather funny.
    Nice. I really want to see this but there is no chance in hell I can convince the wife to go. 

happy wife, happy life.

along the lines of the old saying, my debt is my debt, your debt is my debt......
    So that's 2 blinks for you...I'll wait on Juggler before reaching out to the authorities
    The answer is most everything but golf...and I try to golf as often as possible. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I saw it this weekend.

happy wife, happy life.

The answer is most everything but golf...and I try to golf as often as possible. lol
    I'm pretty much the same.  I don't have to do everythign with her, but I travel a lot for work and do a lot of boondoggle type shit, and play golf at home a lot.  So you gotta be a team player.  And at the same time, who else are you going to go to the movies with?  Going alone looks really sad.  

I'm 100% sure my wife won't see this in the movies, but when it streams, I can make her suffer with a bottle of wine. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I saw it this weekend.

happy wife, happy life.

no. its a joke. we each take care of our own shit. her house before we married. she takes care of the mortage. I take care of the utilities and groceries. car insurance is same policy but split.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I saw it this weekend.

happy wife, happy life.

I'm pretty much the same.  I don't have to do everythign with her, but I travel a lot for work and do a lot of boondoggle type shit, and play golf at home a lot.  So you gotta be a team player.  And at the same time, who else are you going to go to the movies with?  Going alone looks really sad.  

I'm 100% sure my wife won't see this in the movies, but when it streams, I can make her suffer with a bottle of wine. 
    lol....I went to the movies once by myself and saw Dinner for Schmucks while my two kids were in soccer referee school. 

That has become a family joke that I will never live down. I'm not sure why they all think it is so funny that I went alone. They even re-enact the scene of me asking for "one ticket".
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I saw it this weekend.

happy wife, happy life.

lol....I went to the movies once by myself and saw Dinner for Schmucks while my two kids were in soccer referee school. 

That has become a family joke that I will never live down. I'm not sure why they all think it is so funny that I went alone. They even re-enact the scene of me asking for "one ticket".
    Ha!  That's really funny.  It's just fun for them to get to make fun of dad like that.  You'll have that on you until you die. 
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I saw it this weekend.

happy wife, happy life.

In '95 @ 18 I got over the stigma of going to a concert alone. I'm so glad I did that... I've seen so many amazing shows since that I never would have experienced if I let not having someone to go with keep me from going. 

It's also carried over to movies... I went to see Once Upon A Time in Hollywood solo on my way home from work one day shortly after it was released (wife had no interest & most friends have young kids / families or just don't have time for it) and it was one of my favorite movie theater experiences ever... not because I was alone, but because of how everyone in the audience reacted to the final scene. 

It's such a silly stigma that I'm glad I got over long ago.

Don't really care what others think of it either, knowing the experiences I would have missed out on if I did. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    mickeyrat said:
    i'd rather watch the video of uncle rico throwing a football for 12 hours than that speech.

i wonder what the announcement is. did she have divorce papers from the united states on behalf of georgia drawn up?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    i'd rather watch the video of uncle rico throwing a football for 12 hours than that speech.

i wonder what the announcement is. did she have divorce papers from the united states on behalf of georgia drawn up?
    probably filing impeachment articles

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I saw it this weekend.

happy wife, happy life.

In '95 @ 18 I got over the stigma of going to a concert alone. I'm so glad I did that... I've seen so many amazing shows since that I never would have experienced if I let not having someone to go with keep me from going. 

It's also carried over to movies... I went to see Once Upon A Time in Hollywood solo on my way home from work one day shortly after it was released (wife had no interest & most friends have young kids / families or just don't have time for it) and it was one of my favorite movie theater experiences ever... not because I was alone, but because of how everyone in the audience reacted to the final scene. 

Don't really care what others think of it either, knowing the experiences I would have missed out on if I did. 
    I've gone to the movies a few times on my own. When I do that, it's usually a matinee though. Never have done a concert, but I've considered it a few times when I couldn't get people to go with me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I saw it this weekend.

happy wife, happy life.

Ha!  That's really funny.  It's just fun for them to get to make fun of dad like that.  You'll have that on you until you die. 
    Gern, I'm guessing the title of the movie plays into it. Do they call you a schmuck for going by yourself? haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    I've done the movies solo twice. First time was to see The Dark Knight Rises before it left theaters. Kid was young, and we tried to use our opportunities for babysitters for bigger events than movies, so I bailed a bit early from work and caught a matinee because I wanted to see it on the big screen. Other time was not really a solo trip, went to the movies with wife and kid who was 14 at the time. I wanted to see Joker, we thought it might be too violent for him (turns out it really wasn't) so I went into one theater and saw Joker while wife and son went into adjacent theater and saw The Addams Family.

As for concerts. I've gone solo a number of times. One major positive about going solo is you can often find a great single ticket. I've scored some incredible seats that way including front row day of show for Smashing Pumpkins in 2018.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

• Options
    Haha, never in a restaurant.  Iv'e had to eat a meal alone for business before, but that's what the bar is for. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I've done the movies solo twice. First time was to see The Dark Knight Rises before it left theaters. Kid was young, and we tried to use our opportunities for babysitters for bigger events than movies, so I bailed a bit early from work and caught a matinee because I wanted to see it on the big screen. Other time was not really a solo trip, went to the movies with wife and kid who was 14 at the time. I wanted to see Joker, we thought it might be too violent for him (turns out it really wasn't) so I went into one theater and saw Joker while wife and son went into adjacent theater and saw The Addams Family.

As for concerts. I've gone solo a number of times. One major positive about going solo is you can often find a great single ticket. I've scored some incredible seats that way including front row day of show for Smashing Pumpkins in 2018.

I pulled a 2nd row single for Primus, 10th & 12th row singles for Tool, 5th row for APC. Those were incredible concert experiences I would have missed out on if I was hung up on not going alone. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    Like Jerry’s date, Maggie Three Names has got herself some BIG hands!

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,026

Body shaming now?  C'mon.
  • Options

Can the shameless be shamed tho? 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

It's the best way to get the republicans to clean up the mess that they solely own.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    static111 said:

It's the best way to get the republicans to clean up the mess that they solely own.
    Ha 
  • Options
    static111 said:

Facts, they'll get you every time.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

man hands

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,631
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I saw it this weekend.

happy wife, happy life.

Same. I go to shows solo often because my wife’s not into it and my friends flake too often. I figure life’s to short to not do stuff just because there’s odd social norms attached to it. It’s actually nice for shows because I go early a lot of times to get rail or near the rail. If I go with someone else they think I’m nuts and they want to show up at 8:00. I also always meet cool people in the hours we’re standing around waiting for the start. 
  • Options

Guess we’re only allowed to make fun of POOTWH’s tiny hands now? C’mon.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Twist off

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,631
    Margie wipes away republican tears. 

• Options
    Oh Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, what does putin on the ritz have on you? And where were you in 2013?

Greene defends accused Ukraine documents leaker

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) on Thursday took to Twitter to defend Air National Guardsman Jack Teixeira, who was arrested Thursday over his alleged role in leaking Pentagon files.

“Jake Teixeira is white, male, christian, and antiwar. That makes him an enemy to the Biden regime,” Green said on Twitter.

“Ask yourself who is the real enemy? A young low level national guardsmen? Or the administration that is waging war in Ukraine, a non-NATO nation, against nuclear Russia without war powers?” the congresswoman added. 

A trove of apparent Pentagon documents appeared online in recent days. Some included confidential information on U.S. and NATO support to Kyiv amid Russia’s war on Ukraine, while others included information apparently gleaned from spying on allies such as Israel and South Korea.

The documents were shared in an online group reportedly run by 21-year old Teixeira.

FBI agents took Teixeira into custody without incident on Thursday, according to the Justice Department.

Greene defends accused Ukraine documents leaker (msn.com)

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    She's now banging that weirdo reporter who's always live streaming at Trump rallies and interviewing her all the time...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    She's now banging that weirdo reporter who's always live streaming at Trump rallies and interviewing her all the time...

ink dry on the divorce papers yet? even gone through?