Options

Fender Custom Shop replica of Mike's 1959 (sorry 1960) Strat coming soon

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    Cool.  Thanks for posting.  You can definitely tell the difference between the two guitars.  I was curious if he would be able to make them look exactly the same would be almost impossible to do by hand unless you spent a ton of time.

each guitar came with a unique signed Polaroid.

Mike said someone had to tell him he was playing a replica.

But yeah, I'm sure the difference is noticeable when you realize it's not the real one.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    So no MIM version will be released?

MIM?

There is a more affordable version coming.

Now what they mean by "more affordable" is anyone's guess.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

MIM?

Made In Mexico dude
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049

MIM?

Considering the Master Build Replica was around $15k when it came out, just about anything is more affordable - I would imagine a US build closer to $3k (Similar to the recent George Harrison Signature Tele) - hopefully its not MIM but if so prob between $1k - $2k like the recent Mark Hoppus signature bass. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options

Neat! Also like Mike's timbit on new Pearl Jam music.

A non-Custom Shop McCready Strat is on the cards – as is a new Pearl Jam album

“Assuming all goes according to plan, we’ll be touring the States and Europe in 2022, and then we should be looking at making an album after that,” he tells GP. “So I don’t expect there to be anywhere near as long an interval before the next record comes out.”

Indeed, McCready spent much of the pandemic working on ideas for the upcoming record, so writing is already well underway.

“Just as lockdown kicked in, we were all rehearsed and ready to go on tour,” he says. “I learned to use GarageBand, and since I had a lot of time on my hands, I got pretty good at using it and worked on a lot of song ideas. It helped me keep my sanity. I’m always learning, working on improving my songwriting ability and staying in gratitude. I try to keep learning new things all the time.”

• Options
    PSUS2H said:

MIM?

Considering the Master Build Replica was around $15k when it came out, just about anything is more affordable - I would imagine a US build closer to $3k (Similar to the recent George Harrison Signature Tele) - hopefully its not MIM but if so prob between $1k - $2k like the recent Mark Hoppus signature bass. 

It must be fun to be rich enough to smash a guitar.
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:

MIM?

It must be fun to be rich enough to smash a guitar.
    That too I suppose....?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    I was so lucky to have gotten mine back in June. 
  • Options
    Guitar Center Hollywood had a used one recently for the low low price of $19,999 and it sold in a few days.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,037
    I wonder if you can just buy those same pickups? One of my guitars needs them all replaced. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    KM73780 said:
    I wonder if you can just buy those same pickups? One of my guitars needs them all replaced. 
    They’re hand wound by Josefina Campos. If you do ever see any for sale it looks like they’re a little over $300. 
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,037
    KM73780 said:
    They’re hand wound by Josefina Campos. If you do ever see any for sale it looks like they’re a little over $300. 
    Oh cool thanks!
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    demetrios said:
    Are they releasing the guitar again? Or is this a different version?
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    KV4053 said:
    demetrios said:
    Made in Mexico version. 95% of the quality, 13% of the price.
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    KV4053 said:
    demetrios said:
    Where can I get one?  I pre-ordered on Guitar Center, but not sure they will actually have one to send me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    KV4053 said:
    KV4053 said:
    demetrios said:
    Where can I get one?  I pre-ordered on Guitar Center, but not sure they will actually have one to send me
    Official release is next week. However, there are a few out there if you check around. I received mine yesterday from Eddie's Guitars. 
    I want to be clever, but I don't know how. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    KV4053 said:
    KV4053 said:
    demetrios said:
    Official release is next week. However, there are a few out there if you check around. I received mine yesterday from Eddie's Guitars. 

Neat! https://eddiesguitars.com/product/electric/electric-guitar-categories/solid-body-electric-guitars/fender-mike-mccready-stratocaster-3-color-sunburst/

Serial Number: FENMM00416
    Weight: 7 lbs 6 oz

The Mike McCready Stratocaster® captures the unmistakable sound and timeless spirit of one of rock’s most enduring and influential bands. Designed in collaboration with the Pearl Jam guitarist, the Mike McCready Stratocaster® is the ultimate Strat® for any guitarist seeking to channel the potent power and electrifying intensity of this grunge guitar icon.

The Mike McCready Stratocaster® features a hand-crafted, heavily Road Worn® lacquer finish over an alder body, recreating the battle scars Mike’s own Strat has earned over three decades of grueling, sold-out tours and legendary performances. The comfy 9.5″ radius slab rosewood fingerboard on a slim “C” maple neck are shaped to match McCready’s treasured 1960 Strat, while the custom Mike McCready Stratocaster pickups are voiced to replicate Mike’s vintage single-coils for the same timeless tone, passion and energy that define his signature sound. The vintage-style synchronized tremolo, bent-steel saddles and cold-rolled steel block ensure the purest Fender tone and performance.

With its well-worn finish and bold tones, the Mike McCready Stratocaster® resonates with the soulful essence of the iconic Strat that has powered Pearl Jam’s chart-topping hits and transcendent live performances across countless studios and stages.

Additional specification include:

• Headstock Stratocaster®
    • Product # 0145310700
    • Neck Material Maple 
    • Neck Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer 
    • Neck Shape Slim “C” 
    • Neck Construction 4-Bolt Standard 
    • Fingerboard Radius 9.5″ (241 mm) 
    • Fingerboard Material Slab Rosewood 
    • Position Inlays Aged White Dot 
    • Side Dots White 
    • Number of Frets 21 
    • Truss Rod Vintage-Style Butt Adjust 
    • Truss Rod Nut Vintage-Style Butt Adjust 
    • String Nut Bone 
    • Nut Width 1.650″ (42 mm) 
    • Nut Material Bone 
    • Body Alder 
    • Body Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer 
    • Body Shape Stratocaster® 
    • Bridge Pickup Custom Mike McCready ’60s Single-Coil Strat® 
    • Middle Pickup Custom Mike McCready ’60s Single-Coil Strat® 
    • Neck Pickup Custom Mike McCready ’60s Single-Coil Strat® 
    • Pickup Configuration SSS 
    • Controls Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup) 
    • Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup 
    • Special Electronics Treble Bleed Circuit 
    • Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles 
    • Bridge Mounting 6-Screw Vintage-Style 
    • Tremolo Block Cold Rolled Steel 
    • Pickguard 3-Ply Mint Green 
    • Pickup Covers White 
    • Control Knobs White Plastic (Tone 1 Aged White) 
    • Switch Tip White 
    • Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome 
    • Tuning Machines Fender® Vintage-Style 
    • String Trees Butterfly 
    • Strings Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406 
    • Tremolo Arm Screw-In 
    • Neck Plate 4-Bolt Serialized 
    • Strap Buttons Vintage-Style 
    • 7lbs 6oz
    • FENMM00416

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    edited September 2023

• Options
    Fender’s new Mike McCready signature Stratocaster is coming on September 12, 2023! 

win one and be the first to know about its official release.
    *US and UK only

https://www.fender.com/pages/mikemccready-stratocaster-sweepstakes

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,369
    So what's the best way to buy this? Does it go up on the Fender site tomorrow?
  • Options
    I ordered mine a couple of minutes ago directly at fender.com (German site / Link!). The Stratocaster is still available at the fender store (09/11, 09:16pm).

I'm so happy with my order. Finally an affordable Mike-Strat.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,369
    Ordered on Guitar center through the live chat to confirm date. Signed up new user, saved 10%. $1823.

Will ship between 9-16 and 9-25. PSYCHED!
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,245
    Ah, I'm glad there's a version available for less than $15K (husband plays only occasionally, after all); this will make a nice birthday or Christmas gift for him.  :-)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    RS65573 said:
    Ordered on Guitar center through the live chat to confirm date. Signed up new user, saved 10%. $1823.

Will ship between 9-16 and 9-25. PSYCHED!
    I ordered from Guitar Center too and got $190 off and free shipping, but it says it's backordered and does not give an eta.