The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

This is for any discussion, theories, insights to the show The Mandalorian.  

Please participate in my love of Star Wars and how John Favreau is my hero.

Comments

• OK I watched both seasons back to back and like most of you I'm sure, rewatched the final scene of the Jedi kicking some major ass.

So when the X-wing pulls up I said, nah can't be.
    The green lightsaber?  No way.
    Pops that hood.  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Fanboy 5yo me comes rushing out!

The series as a whole was good.  Not sure about the whole A-Team aspect of each episode sometimes but it was really good. Including Ahsoka Tano from Clone Wars was a nice touch.

The stories weaved throughout this series can have spinoffs for decades on this time period alone.

So after all of this does Baby Grogu go off w Luke to get slaughtered?
    The Cloning that was going on at that base, I couldn't make out whom they were trying to make.  Anyone?
    Will we see Tano in future movies and spinoffs?

That's all for now.  More to come of course!

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    OK I watched both seasons back to back and like most of you I'm sure, rewatched the final scene of the Jedi kicking some major ass.

The series as a whole was good.  Not sure about the whole A-Team aspect of each episode sometimes but it was really good. Including Ahsoka Tano from Clone Wars was a nice touch.

The stories weaved throughout this series can have spinoffs for decades on this time period alone.

The Cloning that was going on at that base, I couldn't make out whom they were trying to make.  Anyone?

I had the same reaction when the X-wing showed up. I was like holy s***!. My wife was like "what?', and then she figured out what was happening she started geeking out too.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited January 2021
    I had a feeling it was going to be our green saber wielding friend who finished things off for S2 and took away the kid.

Loved it....Rosario Dawson as Ashoka Tano was the best part for me.  Easy to predict if you know how I feel about her - she is awesome.  (Sort of like how you feel about John Favreau, but different?  lol)

BTW, there is nothing, seemingly, JF cannot do well.  Chef Show on Netflix is one of my favorites and the movie Chef is something I watch monthly.  If there are no sports on, it is late, and I am boozing, odds are strong that I am watching either that show or that movie.
    Love his Marvel work as well.
    Cannot stand Rudy, but Swingers is a classic.

Very much look forward to more from Mando. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • OK I watched both seasons back to back and like most of you I'm sure, rewatched the final scene of the Jedi kicking some major ass.

I had the same reaction when the X-wing showed up. I was like holy s***!. My wife was like "what?', and then she figured out what was happening she started geeking out too.
    I had a feeling it was going to be our green saber wielding friend who finished things off for S2 and took away the kid.

Loved it....Rosario Dawson as Ashoka Tano was the best part for me.  Easy to predict if you know how I feel about her - she is awesome.  (Sort of like how you feel about John Favreau, but different?  lol)

BTW, there is nothing, seemingly, JF cannot do well.  Chef Show on Netflix is one of my favorites and the movie Chef is something I watch monthly.  If there are no sports on, it is late, and I am boozing, odds are strong that I am watching either that show or that movie.

Now we should discuss spinoffs and possible plot lines.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    The obvious one is Asoka looking for Ezra. I really liked Rebels, so I am curious to see if they go with a story line that follows what happened at the end. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    OK I watched both seasons back to back and like most of you I'm sure, rewatched the final scene of the Jedi kicking some major ass.

The Book of Boba Fett
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Really loved the second season, especially the ending
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I think they were considering a spinoff for Cara Dune before Carano pissed everyone off on twitter...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Love The Mandalorian!
    Jon Favreau has done a great job, especially after the mixed bag of the Star Wars sequel trilogy. Some of the episodes were great, some were just ok, but overall it's nice to be excited about Star Wars again.

I'm looking forward to the Ahsoka spin off, she was a real highlight of season 2. Hopefully it will be ready this year.

The Rangers of the New Republic spin off is apparently set in the same timeline as The Mandalorian, so there could be a crossover at some point. And of course there is The Book Of Boba Fett to look forward to as well.

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JOEJOEJOE said:

The Book of Boba Fett
    This is obvious.  I'm talking about possible other plot lines.

I'm a huge Boba fan but I can't imagine this being as good as Mando.

I mean for 25 years he has been roaming around Tatooine looking for his damn armor so I'm skeptical.
  • I think they were considering a spinoff for Cara Dune before Carano pissed everyone off on twitter...
    That to me wouldn't have been that exciting.  Spreading the heard thin.

The addition of a Tano show makes sense since she was a big factor in Rebels.

Rangers is going to be a space cop movie?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    I think they were considering a spinoff for Cara Dune before Carano pissed everyone off on twitter...
    Oh dear, now what? 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Oh dear, now what? 
    She's a deplorable.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Oh dear, now what? 
    She's a deplorable.
    Former MMA fighter is MAGA? Literally no one could have predicted this.  

Oh well, somehow I'll find a way to enjoy the show regardless. 
  • I think they were considering a spinoff for Cara Dune before Carano pissed everyone off on twitter...
    Oh dear, now what? 
    Read up on her.  Carano must be fired was a hashtag I believe?
    Oh dear, now what? 
    I will. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Oh dear, now what? 
    I will. 
    You can get it all straight from the source over on Parler.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Oh dear, now what? 
    I will. 
    You can get it all straight from the source over on Parler.
    Me & Dan Bongino gonna figure this out once & for all. 
    Anyway... love the Mandolorian. 

It isn't perfect, some of the dialogue is rough, and I didn't love how the 1st 5 episodes of S2 were 'mission of the week' type stories, but minor criticisms aside, it's the best SW content we've got since the '80s IMO. 

Favreau & Filoni are fantastic, and should be given the reigns of the franchise moving forward. 

Have people watched the Mandolorian Gallery? Amazing behind the scenes footage, I highly recommend. 
  • Anyway... love the Mandolorian. 

It isn't perfect, some of the dialogue is rough, and I didn't love how the 1st 5 episodes of S2 were 'mission of the week' type stories, but minor criticisms aside, it's the best SW content we've got since the '80s IMO. 

Favreau & Filoni are fantastic, and should be given the reigns of the franchise moving forward. 

Have people watched the Mandolorian Gallery? Amazing behind the scenes footage, I highly recommend. 
    Have not, will have to check it out.

I loved the storyboards or portraits at the end.  How does one buy one of those?!?
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Boba fucking up some storm troopers on Tython was the shit.

Well wasn't the whole first season mostly "mission of the week" stories too? That's actually the thing I got bored of. Every episode was the same. Mando travels to some foreign place looking for someone to help him. In exchange for the help, he has to help them do something. Most episodes were like this until the latter half of 2....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Anyway... love the Mandolorian. 

Well wasn't the whole first season mostly "mission of the week" stories too? That's actually the thing I got bored of. Every episode was the same. Mando travels to some foreign place looking for someone to help him. In exchange for the help, he has to help them do something. Most episodes were like this until the latter half of 2....
    lol, I called it the "A-Team" episodes.

lol, I called it the "A-Team" episodes.
    Haha....it did have that feeling. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

I didn't think episodes 1-3 & 7-8 of S1 were missions of the week, but 4-6 were, so yeah... IMO 3/8 episodes in S1 apply... S2 started w/ 5 straight episodes of this theme though, which felt like overkill. 

I guess you can make the argument S1E2 applies, since he had to go get the egg, but I thought it worked within the story arc over the 1st 3 episodes. 

For me it's a minor gripe, the only episode in S2 that I didn't love was #2, The Passenger. Despite the A Team feel of episodes, 1, 3, 4 & 5, I still enjoyed them thoroughly. The style is also an homage to westerns,. I get it... I don't love that aspect, but it also doesn't ruin the show for me... it's a minor beef. 

Like I said, the show isn't without it's flaws, but so far I love it. 

& for what it's worth I loved the first Bill burr episode despite the A Team setup. 

(the analogy is perfect @tempo_n_groove)
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    I don't mind the A-Team feel. Same as The Incredible Hulk or Kung Fu. All elements of my youth. As is Star Wars. A beautiful marriage.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Yeah, kinda figured.  Should keep her yap shut if she wants to be in Disney stuff. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yeah, kinda figured.  Should keep her yap shut if she wants to be in Disney stuff. 

Or any stuff for that matter. She's kind of insulting the very people who run her industry...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Peoples brains literally turning to mush before our very eyes

stay away from the internet if you are not too smart