• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Get_Right said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osechi
    Ours will not have as much fish, but something like this

Osechi photo
    Looks incredible 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,664
    That does look incredible!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,256
    Going over for a dinner with two friends. They did not want to watch the live stream of the KISS concert. 

At 40 bucks, can't say I blame them.
    $immon$ will be $immon$.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:

Osechi photo
    Looks incredible 
    I said the same thing the first 8 years we had it, and many years later, my wife knows to make extra shrimp and duck. One of my favorites are boiled chestnuts in chestnut jelly. It's the one under plastic on the lower left. There are dried sardines and squid, fishcakes, tobiko, smelt and herring roe, and a bunch of other foods that are very Japanese such as gobo (burdock root), pickled lotus root and fresh bamboo shoots. Perhaps I will post in the food thread tomorrow.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,644
    Wife and i are cooking a feast.  
    Then as usual we’ll put on ABC/NBC and watch music acts while trying to figure out how they got famous. 
    Whats the feast?
    Well a feast for 4 lol

Meatballs (the chili sauce and jelly kind)
    Baking a ham
    Baked Brie (wrapped in a pastry with preserves)
    Homemade pizza for the kids
    Shrimp cocktail
    chips and dip
    Wine
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Well I decided against the spam and shlitz. We will be cooking some porterhouse and lobster tail. We will also be watching the movie Birdman. Ill probably be sound asleep by 9pm.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    Well I decided against the spam and shlitz. We will be cooking some porterhouse and lobster tail. We will also be watching the movie Birdman. Ill probably be sound asleep by 9pm.
    birdman. wow. i forgot about that movie. never watched it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,913
    birdman. wow. i forgot about that movie. never watched it. 
    it was pretty good I thought.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,913

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,231
    Pizza
    couple cocktails
    movies

bout it
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,960
    Listening to Rearview Mirror cause that’s where 2020 is now!!!
  • Options
    Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    GlowGirl said:

How did I not think of this?! Great perspective!

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Thanks. I did a little Pearl Jam trilogy  I played Black first since that is what this year has been. Then I played Release right before midnight. Then Rearview Mirror right after midnight. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Thanks. I did a little Pearl Jam trilogy. I played Black first since that is what this year has been. Then I played Release right before midnight. Then Rearview Mirror right after midnight. 
    I’m impressed! Did you plan that out ahead of time, or was it a spontaneous thing?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Thanks. I did a little Pearl Jam trilogy. I played Black first since that is what this year has been. Then I played Release right before midnight. Then Rearview Mirror right after midnight. 
    I’m impressed! Did you plan that out ahead of time, or was it a spontaneous thing?
    Not planned out. Shortly before midnight I was thinking about what songs I wanted to hear as my last in 2020 and my first in 2021. I thought Release would be a good last song and Rearview Mirror a good first one. Then I thought about what this year has been like and I threw Black in there to play first. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Not planned out. Shortly before midnight I was thinking about what song I wanted to hear as my last in 2020 and my first in 2021. I thought Release would be a good last song and Rearview Mirror a good first one. Then I thought about what this year has been like and I threw Black in there to play first. 
    I guess it isn’t too hard for a true Pearl Jam fan to find music of theirs to fit any occasion, is it?
  • Options
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Not planned out. Shortly before midnight I was thinking about what song I wanted to hear as my last in 2020 and my first in 2021. I thought Release would be a good last song and Rearview Mirror a good first one. Then I thought about what this year has been like and I threw Black in there to play first. 
    I guess it isn’t too hard for a true Pearl Jam fan to find music of theirs to fit any occasion, is it?
    Definitely. So many songs to choose from. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Rambis35 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Definitely. So many songs to choose from. 
    Let’s hope 2021 ends on a more positive note! I’ll have to make a note to check back to see your soundtrack choices in a year. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,764
    Here we are on the west coast, closing in on another new year. And right about now, I ask them same question I ask every year: Why do we designate January 1st as the beginning of the new year? Yes, I know it has something to so with Caesar and his Julian calendar... that was created in 46 B.C. Are you kidding me? :lol:

I mean, really? What arbitrary nonsense! The new year starts with the winter solstice! It's happened already! Put down that champagne, stop shooting those fire works, AND GO TO BED! :lol:

Happy Second Week of the New Year! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Agreed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I think all my neighbors must have read what I said.  It's dead quiet around here.  Not one fire cracker, not one gun shot.  Nothing.  Dead silence.  Strangest end to the strangest year ever! Not that I'm complaining-  Quiet this time of might is fine by me!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    It  sounded like a war zone here.  Many fireworks.  I looked out of my window  and saw some.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Saw as much fireworks as any year. 

Sad for all the animals.

Fuck humans.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    Get_Right said:

Osechi photo
    Adam hoping the very best for you & loved ones for 2021& everyone here! I was in bed sleeping by nine after having Chinese takeout!! Today we’re doing seafood brunch with mimosas 😀
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,644
    we had more fireworks going off in our neighborhood than the 4th of July so the wife and I decided to watch Band of Brothers.  It was like having the best surround system ever.  Real explosions happening all around you :lol:
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:

Osechi photo
    Adam hoping the very best for you & loved ones for 2021& everyone here! I was in bed sleeping by nine after having Chinese takeout!! Today we’re doing seafood brunch with mimosas 😀
    Hey Jose, I hope you and the family are doing well! Much love to you and yours for a happy and healthy 2021. Here's to hopefully seeing live music in 2021!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,541

Sad for all the animals.

Fuck humans.
    Same here, for almost 30 min..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

Sad for all the animals.

Fuck humans.

Yeah, definitely rough on the animals.  I wish we would learned a different way to celebrate.

• Options
    Its a massive  waste of money as well
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07