Options

NEW YEARS EVE 2020

Yeah right....

Think im going to get a can of spam and a 6 pack of Schlitz.

Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• Options
    Maybe I will clean the cat litter box, and listen to Riot Act.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542

• Options
    tish said:

Hahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Wife and i are cooking a feast.  
    Then as usual we’ll put on ABC/NBC and watch music acts while trying to figure out how they got famous. 
  • Options
    Wife and i are cooking a feast.  
    Then as usual we’ll put on ABC/NBC and watch music acts while trying to figure out how they got famous. 
    Whats the feast?
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542
    Good idea cp30! 

No one, including restaurants and bars, is allowed to sell alcohol in BC after 8pm that night in hopes of curbing spread of Covid-19.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Takeout Chinese food (as cliche as it gets) and TV. I will want to watch the annual Three Stooges marathon, wife will not.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Twilight Zone marathon?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    Twilight Zone marathon?
    I hope so; I find that I enjoy the marathons more than choosing a specific episode via a service.

We'll be in (what else is new?), getting baked, having a good meal, and probably out before midnight - I certainly don't need to be awake to tell 2020 to fuck itself.

...and frankly, I'm a bit leery of 2021.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    It will just be me and the dog and Netflix.  I got plenty of edibles, joints, shatter, flower and no alcohol....

I think I will have a great trip...

happy new year.  Be safe.  Stay well.  And no driving while intoxicated ... #noexcuse
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Wife, son, and myself.  At the beach not far from home.  Had place professionally cleaned day prior and then we cleaned again when we got here.  Just staying in and looking at the beach....enjoying the family time and good food and drink we brought with us.

Aside from a few things this is better than normal.  

Oh, and fuck 2020 in it's stinkhole. 
    No lube.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474

a lot better than listening to any of the last 3 albums.

I’ll be asleep by 11:00.....maybe 10:00.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Wobbie said:

eastern?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:

eastern?

nah. MDT. :triumph:

:joy:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Happy New Year and 2021 will be better than 2020. I mean it can't get any worse right?
    I think i'm just gonna go to a friends house tonight.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    My daughter is a surgical nurse who is on duty tonight and her husband is an Illinois State trooper who has to work tonight, so we will be watching our 13 month old grandson! Party on Wayne!! 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    have a bottle of the bubbly in the fridge.

we prefer the sparkling white grape over the red.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Wife & I are going to cook up some kick ass steak tips & I'm picking up some good beers on the way home from one of the local brewers... it's going to be a nice (quiet) way to kick this year to the curb. 

I'm not one to ever use the phrase "It can't get any worse"...  it can always get worse, but I'm choosing optimism over pessimism for 2021. 

IDK what the hell is going to happen to the virus or anything else, but we're only a few months away from the weather turning where we can start getting back outside & actually see & spend time with friends & family, so I'll be quietly celebrating every day that brings us closer to spring. 

Happy New Years, folks, I hope it's safe & happy for everyone. 
  • Options
    Millions of people are about to realize the absolute best place to ever spend New Years is at home alone with the family. Been doing it for years and wouldn’t have it any other way. Good food, good laughs and no let downs.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    We always do a party with family (both sides) and close friends New Year’s Eve. Always lots of fun. Then we host a huge party for the mummers (Philly thing) on New Year’s Day. Has been at least a dozen or so years now. Needless to say, it’s a bummer this year, especially considering the wife’s side went through a death earlier this month.

Going to try to make it as nice as possible for the wife with a steak dinner and nice drinks, but not going to be the same and definitely rough for her.

Here’s to 20 fucking 21 being better
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Wobbie said:

10.30 here..wake up on 2021??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Going over for a dinner with two friends. They did not want to watch the live stream of the KISS concert. 

Was suppose to be one more couple, but one of them felt a bit sick so stayed home. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Stay home  unless you are not right in the head
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    wife is taking the kids skating while i work this aft, then we're having a fondue and maybe me and the kids will play video games while my wife struggles to stay awake before finally succumbing at probably 10:30. 

"2020 24 hours to go....let's all get vaccinated!"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Staying home, cleaning the house to sweep it clean of all 2020 bad juju, drinking scotch and watching the Japanese New Year Program 9-1:30 (wife is Japanese). New year's day will be traditional Japanese new year's cuisine and champagne.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Get_Right said:
    Staying home, cleaning the house to sweep it clean of all 2020 bad juju, drinking scotch and watching the Japanese New Year Program 9-1:30 (wife is Japanese). New year's day will be traditional Japanese new year's cuisine and champagne.

a couple we are friends with; she's japanese. a group of us usually end up at their place for NYE. at midnight she serves ramen. she makes the best damn noodles we've ever tasted. how? how can you make something so simple so goddamn delicious?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Get_Right said:

What does traditional Japanese New Years cuisine mean?
  • Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osechi
    Ours will not have as much fish, but something like this

Osechi photo
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

a couple we are friends with; she's japanese. a group of us usually end up at their place for NYE. at midnight she serves ramen. she makes the best damn noodles we've ever tasted. how? how can you make something so simple so goddamn delicious?
    I am a very lucky man when it comes to food. Broth and high quality noodles is the answer to your question.  At midnight tonight, if I make it, will be soba with duck.  Kamo nanban.