A simple “we screwed up” message from 10c

They know we are all a bunch of hounds when new stuff is released and especially marked exclusive or limited. Did I fall for the purple ten,yes as did so many others. What ten club has lacked and been that way for years is communicating. Look at the Christmas single that would never fly in anyt sort of business.   Just say hey we screwed up throw in a sticker or guitar pick and every one would be happy. 

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,113
    They know we are all a bunch of hounds when new stuff is released and especially marked exclusive or limited. Did I fall for the purple ten,yes as did so many others. What ten club has lacked and been that way for years is communicating. Look at the Christmas single that would never fly in anyt sort of business.   Just say hey we screwed up throw in a sticker or guitar pick and every one would be happy. 
    agreed. i consider the fans and 10c family and family forgives each other as we all make mistakes. Just simply come out and say "sorry, we meant to say this and didn't mean to mislead you. If you want us to honor your purchase knowing you are paying more to 10c then getting free shipping and discounts with Target, we would be grateful. If you want a refund, let us know".
    Something like that. Simple. Sincere. Then forgiven
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    Absolutely. It’s amazing how a apology makes it all better. I have spent enough on merch to not worry about a 20$ record. Just like the communication. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Are they allowing people to cancel their order? 
  • PJNB said:
    Are they allowing people to cancel their order? 
    Yes, and they said they didn't intend to mislead and that it was poorly worded.  Interpret that as you will, but unlikely you'll hear anything more. 
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    I never saw that message 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    So many 40+ year old adults complaining that either they couldn't buy another version of a 30 year old album that everyone who is on this board already owns, or they DID buy it again (with high shipping costs) because they thought it was a collectible, only to have buyer's remorse once they saw it is also for sale at Target.

10Club doesn't need to apologize for your greed. People are upset because they rushed to buy something they thought they could sell eventually as a limited collectible. No one needed a purple copy of Ten on vinyl. This is for people buying Christmas gifts for teens in their life who have never owned this on cassette, CD, etc. The Target sticker was right there in the picture when you went to check out.
  • I never saw that message 
    I got it when they emailed me back about my request to cancel. 
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 231
    This^
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    hihobibo said:
    So many 40+ year old adults complaining that either they couldn't buy another version of a 30 year old album that everyone who is on this board already owns, or they DID buy it again (with high shipping costs) because they thought it was a collectible, only to have buyer's remorse once they saw it is also for sale at Target.

10Club doesn't need to apologize for your greed. People are upset because they rushed to buy something they thought they could sell eventually as a limited collectible. No one needed a purple copy of Ten on vinyl. This is for people buying Christmas gifts for teens in their life who have never owned this on cassette, CD, etc. The Target sticker was right there in the picture when you went to check out.
    Also a lot of 40+ year old adults complaining about other 40+ year old adults’ message board complaints, I’ve noticed. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,685
    We all suck
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    google illusion of scarcity
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    tdawe said:
    hihobibo said:

Also a lot of 40+ year old adults complaining about other 40+ year old adults’ message board complaints, I’ve noticed. 
    True, that's our other hobby when we aren't buying collectible stuff from a rock band's webstore!
  • I turn 40 next year.  I have a feeling this will become me.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 457
    edited November 2020
    hihobibo said:

Thanks for explaining to me, why I did buy the purple-version. Pure greed. 

FYI: the sticker - if you care to take a close look at it - does not even say it’s from target. Sorry for not knowing all the stickers from US-companies. 

If 10c acknowledges that the e-Mail was misleading, I can’t understand why they don’t communicate it here at the forum. Unfortunately it fits in their pattern regarding communication. 
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,010
    edited November 2020
This discussion has been closed.