MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I'm waiting for fuchsia.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    Like more than virgin and recycled?

...and VERY different grades in-between
    Really interesting. Do you know of any links to read more about this? 
  • Options
    lanoisseforplanoisseforp Posts: 469
    edited November 2020
    It  was one copy per membership when ordering this but how the hell this seller ended up with 6 copies, 4 sold and 2 available? [auction link deleted]

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    edited November 2020
    It  was one copy per membership when ordering this but how the hell this seller ended up with 6 copies, 4 sold and 2 available? 

Guessing multiple memberships 
    Post edited by Sea on
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    They probably just bought a stack at Target. Using the only 10c exclusive line since thats what 10c did.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    While we are on the subject of Ten reissue, my EU 2017 sleeve was significantly darker than my US nineties press. It had lost a lot of the detail from the photo.
    Lazy pressing lol 
    I cant remember exactly but Im sure the tracklisting was a bit blurry as well. I guess its to do with how they saved the artwork files or if they had to scan it or something. I actually thought the sleeve quality on a lot of the singles that were reissued a few years ago was a bit poor as well, slightly blurry text etc. 
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Visited a local Target this morning and the person in Electronics looked up this item on their handheld. They have three in the back and can't sell them till 8am on the 20th. 1 per guest. She said they are a small store and bigger stores will receive more copies. These will be easy to obtain if you can visit a target next Friday early.
  • Options
    Its starting to seem like its truly limited and not like some of the other Target exclusive catalog pressings.

The run could be massive, but the 1 per person limit is interesting. Haven't seen anything like that with arhet before.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,404
    Yea I went to Target and won't be available until Friday 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Anyone know how many are available? I wonder if it will sell enough to get Ten back in the top 10?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Its starting to seem like its truly limited and not like some of the other Target exclusive catalog pressings.

The run could be massive, but the 1 per person limit is interesting. Haven't seen anything like that with arhet before.

The salesperson said they are always limited to 1 per guest at first. She said if there is no one else looking for it on Friday I could buy more than one copy. I do not think think is any more limited than most of the Target Reissues.
  • Options
    I was at our local target tonight (11/16)...they had 5 copies on the shelf...went to check out and it would not allow me to purchase...someone put them out early. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    i did not enjoy willie's purple indica
    I love this.
    (I enjoyed it.)
  • Options
    lanoisseforplanoisseforp Posts: 469
    edited November 2020
    BLACK35 said:
    It  was one copy per membership when ordering this but how the hell this seller ended up with 6 copies, 4 sold and 2 available? 

Guessing multiple memberships 
    I believe you are correct
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    edited November 2020
    The Target website didn't seem to limit purchases when they went up did it? Couldn't that ebay seller have just bought a ton of them when they went up?
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Could have^^ I wonder how they ship records.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,187
    kenk said:
    The Target website didn't seem to limit purchases when they went up did it? Couldn't that ebay seller have just bought a ton of them when they went up?
    Or could just hit a few Targets on Friday and grab what's available 
  • Options
    Do we think these will vaporized at Targets on Friday and not be restocked?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I’d love to see some PJ concert merch stand type lineups going on at Targets around the country.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Loujoe said:
    Could have^^ I wonder how they ship records.
    I just did the buy 2 get 1 free deal. Not for Ten. All of my titles were different and they all shipped separately. One was put thrown into a big box with a couple strands of those big bubble things. Luckily, it was not damaged. The other two were in regular lp mailers. If that seller bought at Target they could have maybe scored the B2G1 deal. I hope I can score a Ten at Target, but the world won't end if I don't. I already have a mint original pressing.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Drdeal said:
    I still see Target exclusives of others still in stock.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    Drdeal said:
    Vaporized on Friday yes (which is kind of surprising), but I’d be shocked if they weren’t restocked for as long as it takes to keep them on the shelves. 

Once again, I really wonder how this would have went down if 10C hadn’t put a few on sale as a “member exclusive” the day before the Target preorder went up. Sellers artificially generating FOMO has been an issue in vinyl releases for a couple years now but this might be the most impressive example I’ve seen yet. 
  • Options
    Target is the worst big box retailer for shipping records. 

More than half the time i get them in a bubble mailer or a huge box with a bunch of that bubble packing garland. Rarely do I get a record mailer.

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    Drdeal said:
    I still see Target exclusives of others still in stock.
    Its a question of how limited they are. 

Target has had real "limited" stuff be limited.

• Options
    I haven't set foot in a Target near me in a year or so. When did they start carrying vinyl?
  • Options
    To me, unless you dont have a copy of ten on vinyl its a pretty boring release. Could be that we see this getting reissued on different colored vinyl over and over for years to come now. Im thinking Jeff Buckley Grace. Just about every retailer going has had a different color over the past few years.
  • Options
    jdasilvaf said:
    I haven't set foot in a Target near me in a year or so. When did they start carrying vinyl?
    A few years ago. But not every location has them. Mine did for about 6 months after they rolled it out. Now they don't. 

• Options
    I received my copy of this purple vinyl today. It's the same as the 2017 re-issue with its sounding but it's nice to have it. Coincidentally the 10 Club news letter came out on the same day which there's a re-run of this edition and I checked it out at the store to see if there are more editions with a chance for others to buy it and it's sold out. The flippers are going to have an nice field day ripping off other fans and that breaks the heart. I only need one purple copy in my collection and that's all. 
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    FR181798 said:
    They probably just bought a stack at Target. Using the only 10c exclusive line since thats what 10c did.
    The shade, the shade lol
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022