*** President Joe Biden & Vice President Kamala Harris ***

15678911»

Comments

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    static111 said:
    Pretty sure he promised 2k checks if the boys won in Georgia.  Although 1400 and 600 does equal 2000 dollars, neither of those things is a 2000 check.   Don’t start by breaking promises 
    Seriously? 1400 + 600 = 2000 (undisputably). What promise was broken? 

Has anyone here ever heard the expression 'great is the enemy of good'?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    benjs said:
    static111 said:
    Pretty sure he promised 2k checks if the boys won in Georgia.  Although 1400 and 600 does equal 2000 dollars, neither of those things is a 2000 check.   Don’t start by breaking promises 

😂😂 mic 🎤 dropped 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    benjs said:
    static111 said:

Technically we got 1800 under the last administration, so 1800 plus 200 also equals 2000. The point is dont come out of the gate trying to revise the story.  The dems were fighting for 1400 additional in the previous bill under the old administration. “If you send Jon [Ossoff] and the reverend [Raphael Warnock] to Washington, those $2,000 checks will go out the door, restoring hope and decency for so many people who are struggling right now,” Biden said. Many things could have been said, for instance if you send Rapael and Jon we will send out an additional $1400 check to help and I doubt anyone would think it is a big deal.  I'm not going to just give the guy a pass because trump was the absolute worst.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:

Technically we got 1800 under the last administration, so 1800 plus 200 also equals 2000. The point is dont come out of the gate trying to revise the story.  The dems were fighting for 1400 additional in the previous bill under the old administration. “If you send Jon [Ossoff] and the reverend [Raphael Warnock] to Washington, those $2,000 checks will go out the door, restoring hope and decency for so many people who are struggling right now,” Biden said. Many things could have been said, for instance if you send Rapael and Jon we will send out an additional $1400 check to help and I doubt anyone would think it is a big deal.  I'm not going to just give the guy a pass because trump was the absolute worst.  
    lol it’s his 1st day lol I’m not sure what you are expecting but let us enjoy today ok tomorrow holds many challenges for this administration..
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:

lol it’s his 1st day lol I’m not sure what you are expecting but let us enjoy today ok tomorrow holds many challenges for this administration..
    I get it I'm very happy today, celebratory even.  Someone decided they were gonna pull up my post from the 14th of January :o  and try to dunk on it rather than celebrate like the rest of us.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have commented on this issue today.  Today is a big win for the US and its citizens whether they know it or not.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:

I get it I'm very happy today, celebratory even.  Someone decided they were gonna pull up my post from the 14th of January :o  and try to dunk on it rather than celebrate like the rest of us.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have commented on this issue today.  Today is a big win for the US and its citizens whether they know it or not.
    Cool cool I’m glad we’re all pretty happy today! Have a great night..
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:

Cool cool I’m glad we’re all pretty happy today! Have a great night..
    You Too!
    Scio me nihil scire

edited January 2021
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:

Edited because I'm snippy and it's rude. My apologies.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:

Very Canadian of you to be so polite! Please enjoy this day of celebration when america slammed on the brakes, skidded to the edge of the cliff came to a complete stop, whistled with relief and said "whew, that was close!" Congratulations Joe and Kamala
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:
    benjs said:
    static111 said:

Very Canadian of you to be so polite! Please enjoy this day of celebration when america slammed on the brakes, skidded to the edge of the cliff came to a complete stop, whistled with relief and said "whew, that was close!" Congratulations Joe and Kamala
    Thanks for taking the higher road :) I agree

EV
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    to be perfectly honest, I thought the $1400 was disingenuous. it wasn't paraded as a cumulative amount; it was explained as a $2000 payment. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

and what the fuck is a $2000 payment going to do anyway. sure, it's something. people need recurring payments to get through. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    Someone talk to me about the keystone pipeline: good? bad?  Canada seems pissed that Biden stopped construction of it.  
    The right is saying that already on day people are losing jobs under Biden's presidency.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Someone talk to me about the keystone pipeline: good? bad?  Canada seems pissed that Biden stopped construction of it.  
    The right is saying that already on day people are losing jobs under Biden's presidency.
    https://www.nrdc.org/stories/what-keystone-pipeline

i'm reading as we speak. honestly, it's a major deal here, and I'm ashamed to admit I know nearly nothing about it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    about halfway through, and i already know: bad. very bad. 

but you know....JOBS. 

Leading climate scientist and former NASA researcher James Hansen has warned that fully exploiting Canada’s tar sands reserves would mean “game over” for our climate.

A JOB WON'T MATTER IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PLANET TO LIVE ON. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Stop building out shit for fossil fuel. 
    Make it easier to eat green
    Make Fugees reunite 

Should be pretty easy to go through with as President
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:

i'm reading as we speak. honestly, it's a major deal here, and I'm ashamed to admit I know nearly nothing about it. 
    This was Trudeau's most brutal environmental blunder, and I'm so thankful that Biden's doing the right thing here.

EV
    Keystone = bad. Biden ending it = good
    Scio me nihil scire

benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This was Trudeau's most brutal environmental blunder, and I'm so thankful that Biden's doing the right thing here.
    no kidding. was that him trying to mend fences with the west?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,187
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

no kidding. was that him trying to mend fences with the west?
    I agree that it was an environmentally bad project from the get go, but unfortunately to cut it at this point is a huge waste because a lot of the infrastructure is complete and it means hundreds of millions in lost capital, especially for Canada. It is better than OPEC oil, but that's a low bar to beat and there should have been alternatives to a major planet killing oil pipeline. Now you just have conservatives rallying around this as Biden cutting jobs and not caring about the working class while environmentalists cheer. Biden will take the hit publicly for this no matter what he does. He'd need to broker an alternative, but I don't know if one exists.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Some Canadians are pissed.  I view this as a golden opportunity for Trudeau to send Meng back on a government jet to China with condition that the 2 Michael’s board the jet back to Canada...and then begin to normalize relations with China...I really don’t trust America anymore.  China needs resources and we have resources to sell...I don’t care who buys it.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    mcgruff10 said:
    about halfway through, and i already know: bad. very bad. 

but you know....JOBS. 

Leading climate scientist and former NASA researcher James Hansen has warned that fully exploiting Canada’s tar sands reserves would mean “game over” for our climate.

A JOB WON'T MATTER IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PLANET TO LIVE ON. 

This! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,284
    mcgruff10 said:
    Some Canadians are pissed.  I view this as a golden opportunity for Trudeau to send Meng back on a government jet to China with condition that the 2 Michael’s board the jet back to Canada...and then begin to normalize relations with China...I really don’t trust America anymore.  China needs resources and we have resources to sell...I don’t care who buys it.

why would they be pissed?

·
    JANUARY 22, 2021, 9:31 AM

Even without Keystone XL, U.S. set for record Canadian oil imports

Nia Williams, Devika Krishna Kumar

CALGARY/NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Keystone XL pipeline project may be dead, but the United States is still poised to pull in record imports of Canadian oil in coming years through other pipelines that are in the midst of expanding.

FILE PHOTO: A depot used to store pipes for Transcanada Corp's planned Keystone XL oil pipeline is seen in Gascoyne, North Dakota, January 25, 2017. REUTERS/Terray Sylvester

U.S. President Joe Biden canceled Keystone XL’s permit on his first day in office Wednesday, dealing a death blow to a long-gestating project that would have carried 830,000 barrels per day of heavy oil sands crude from Alberta to Nebraska.

Environmental activists and indigenous communities hailed the move, but traders and analysts said U.S.-Canada pipelines will have more than enough capacity to handle increasing volumes of crude out of Canada, the primary foreign supplier of oil to the United States.

Currently, Canada exports about 3.8 million bpd to the United States, according to U.S. Energy Department data. Analysts expect that to rise to between 4.2 million and 4.4 million bpd over the next few years. Pipeline expansions currently in progress will add more than 950,000 bpd of export capacity for Canadian producers before 2025, according to Rystad Energy.

Canada’s Energy Regulator says there is enough capacity currently to export more than 4 million bpd to the United States.

Biden’s administration has set a goal of moving towards decarbonization and reducing the country’s reliance on oil and gas and cutting harmful air pollutants. Most of the nation’s energy still comes from fossil fuels.

“Whatever limited benefit that Keystone was projected to provide now has to be obviously reconsidered with the economy of today,” said Gina McCarthy, Biden’s leading domestic climate policy coordinator at the White House.

Even without Keystone, however, the United States now relies on Canada for more than half of its imported oil. Several of the lines carrying that crude are in the midst of expansions.

For a graphic on U.S. imports of Canadian oil surge:

here

Enbridge Inc’s Line 3 replacement project is in the process of doubling its capacity, which will allow it to deliver about 760,000 bpd of crude from Alberta to Superior, Wisconsin, by the end of this year.

Canada’s government is also expanding the state-owned Trans Mountain line by 590,000 bpd to 890,000 bpd. That line terminates at the Port of Vancouver, where it should be able to deliver barrels via tankers to the United States.

Meanwhile, TC Energy received U.S. approval last year to expand its existing Keystone 590,000-bpd line - located far from the proposed Keystone XL - which would add an additional 170,000 bpd into the U.S. Midwest and Gulf Coast.

“We will be over-piped assuming the other pipelines go ahead on schedule,” said Wood Mackenzie research director Mark Oberstoetter. “If you add them all up, you can make the argument KXL was not needed.”

Construction underway on Trans Mountain and Line 3 could still be held up by environmental protests, but unlike Keystone XL, both pipelines have cleared legal and regulatory hurdles.

Oil production in western Canada will rise in 2021 to a new record of 4.45 million bpd, RBN Energy estimates, up from 3.9 million bpd in 2020, most of which will be exported to the United States.

Canada is the world’s fourth-biggest crude producer, but has been grappling for years with congestion on pipelines. That caused a glut of oil in storage tanks in Alberta, driving prices down, and spurring the province to impose production curtailments to drain record inventories.

Those curtailments were lifted in November, and production has been rising ever since. Even as production is rising again, pipeline companies have boosted efficiency on existing pipelines through the use of drag-reducing agents.

“While the politics around KXL will continue to reverberate for some time, the reality is that western Canada - for the first time in recent memory - may soon reach a juncture at which it has excess oil export capacity,” Rystad Energy’s vice president for North American shale Thomas Liles said in a note.

Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in New York and Nia Williams in Calgary; Additional reporting by Trevor Hunnicut in Washington DC; Editing by Andrea Ricci

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"