13»

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    ^ Bump
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    NEIL (Vol. 2). First track off of NEIL (Vol. 2). "Boxcar", featuring Spencer Tweedy, Mike McCready and Pete Buck. Pre-order for actual limited vinyl LP which will be released November 12. https://scottthehoople.bandcamp.com/album/neil-vol-2-welcome-to-my-dream-world Limited Edition 12" Translucent Orange Vinyl of 100.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,290
    demetrios said:
    NEIL (Vol. 2). First track off of NEIL (Vol. 2). "Boxcar", featuring Spencer Tweedy, Mike McCready and Pete Buck. Pre-order for actual limited vinyl LP which will be released November 12. https://scottthehoople.bandcamp.com/album/neil-vol-2-welcome-to-my-dream-world Limited Edition 12" Translucent Orange Vinyl of 100.

“Hey all! Life has been crazier than ever lately, and I didn't quite get time to get the entire album ready for digital presentation. The vinyl is made though! The covers are lagging behind. The official release date is Neil's birthday November 12, and they'll be ready to ship soon after. Hope you enjoy my continued dedication to re-evaluate and revisit Neil's catalog, as well as add my own songs inspired by Neil's music and life. "Everything is cheaper than it looks!"” 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Black vinyl up now. Limited edition of 200.

• Options
    One copy left. 
  • Options

• Options
    Hope they release the CD too.
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/100057607856527/posts/pfbid03C3mkXriUCbKjqtUtdtLPXJ4JskFd2jnfdoDNpqyKKN5Jn4sdumGyUsa187ySZcSl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

A HUGE thank you to everyone who took part in the Neil Birthday Record Release Stroke Anniversary shebang last night at Mississippi Studios here in soggy beautiful autumn-leaves-emblazoned Portland!  I am somehow blessed to have so many wonderful musicians along with me at this point in life.  Last night it was Peter Buck, Debbi Peterson, Chris Slusarenko, Steve Barton, Casey Neill, Jenny Conlee-Drizos, Jim Talstra, Paul Pulvirenti, and a golden surprise appearance by Alejandro Escovedo.  I brought my good luck brain bead talisman (made by the amazing Caroline Rouwalk) but forgot to wear it in the hectic world of my lyric-jumbled and worried mind.  The assembled crowd certainly seemed to love the racket we rained down upon them, so why did I worry?  Three sold-out shows at Mississippi in the last five months — I am indeed a lucky man. 

And let’s not forget the others who made crucial contributions on this latest Neil-obsessed platter: Joe Adragna, Spencer Tweedy (who was across town playing at the same time last night!), John Perrin, Mike McCready, Pamela Polland, Jeff Tweedy, and dearly-beloved Bucks Burnett.  Also Kurt Bloch, Dave Eck and Lucky Mastering for helping me get these discs delivered just in time!

I’ll be back at same venue next Wednesday Nov. 22 with my cohorts YOUNG FRESH FELLOWS III opening for Alejandro, with the same hoedown at The Tractor Nov. 21 in Seattle.  There should be a few LPs still available at these shows.  Now to get my tape gun loaded to send ‘em out to Scott The Hoople Bandcampers!  It will be a pleasure.

• Options
    Vinyl has shipped!
  • Options
    Arrived! :) 

• Options

On the first Friday of the month since March of 2020, we’ve waived our revenue share to help support artists on Bandcamp. Since then, more than a million fans have paid artists and labels over $100 million USD (if you’re one of them, thank you).

The next Bandcamp Friday is on December 1st. As always, isitbandcampfriday.com has the details.

If you’ve started to feel guilty about buying music on any other day of the month, here’s something to keep in mind: on Bandcamp Fridays, an average of 93% of your money reaches the artist/label (after payment processor fees). When you make a purchase on any other day (as millions of you have, with more than $1 billion now paid directly to artists), an average of 82% reaches the artist/label. Every day is a good day to support artists on Bandcamp!

• Options

drums: Joe Adragna (1, 2, 4, 5, 8); John Perrin (3); Spencer Tweedy (6).
    bass: Joe Adragna (2, 4)
    guitar: Peter Buck (5, 6, 9); Joe Adragna (2, 4, 5); Mike McCready (6)
    all else: Scott

• Options
    Dear friends --

Hope this cool gray winter is treating you well, and that MUSIC can be a daily bolt of sunshine in your lives.

I got the word today that a Northwest tribute to our darling much-missed DHARMA BUMS is available now. I'm involved because I love this band (and its members JohnJimJeremyEric) -- I co-produced their first album, and they were best buddies/cohorts/labelmates with those Young Fresh Fellows. Check out the album and the THREE tracks that my friends and I contributed in various guises. Profits go to Jeremy Wilson Foundation for medical assistance to musicians in need! dharmabumstribute.bandcamp.com

Speaking of the Fellows, we have have readied a re-issue of our historic trailblazing first LP, THE FABULOUS SOUNDS OF THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST, for 1984. That's 40 years! Seems like yesterday... Look for it with a ROCKING new mix from the original multitrack reels. On Omnivore Records, come June. And we'll be taking to the road (briefly) and ending up at Wilco's Solid Sound Fest. Yeehaw! Tour dates here:
    www.yeproc.com/artists/young-fresh-fellows/

All the best, see you in Norway! www.facebook.com/snowstationvadso