Ed and Amazon

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    ....behind the counter in a small town...123 423
  • A sad day for the Pearl Jam fanbase, with people focusing more on him having played Porch acoustic before or not, or for what reason he always wear a hat and if it's always the same hat or different types of hats, and not that Eddie Vedder is playing a corporate gig for Amazon.
     he can do what ever the fuck he wants,,his call where to play,..u have no saying 
    If I would have a saying, I guess he would not have done it. So that is a given.

I do however, have a right to express my opinion regarding it. Like you are doing now. Or have I no right to that according to you also?
    u said your opinion,and i said mine..
    u have no saying where eddie will play...your opinion doesnt matter,its his call.
    i understand your need to say always something different than  others saying,but doesnt mean u say something worth reading.
    90% is irrelevant
    Your opinion matters a hell of a lot <3
     nope,but ,atleast i dont sound like the crazy dude of a small village..
    i love u too.
    Just because you're paranoid
    Doesn't mean they are not after you
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • A sad day for the Pearl Jam fanbase, with people focusing more on him having played Porch acoustic before or not, or for what reason he always wear a hat and if it's always the same hat or different types of hats, and not that Eddie Vedder is playing a corporate gig for Amazon.
     he can do what ever the fuck he wants,,his call where to play,..u have no saying 
    If I would have a saying, I guess he would not have done it. So that is a given.

I do however, have a right to express my opinion regarding it. Like you are doing now. Or have I no right to that according to you also?
    u have no saying where eddie will play...your opinion doesnt matter,its his call.
    i understand your need to say always something different than  others saying,but doesnt mean u say something worth reading.
    90% is irrelevant
    i love u too.
     instead of reply to me,just check the dates on the box of your pills,might have expired 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

90% is irrelevant
    i love u too.
     instead of reply to me,just check the dates on the box of your pills,might have expired 
    This is moving into personal attacks from your side.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

90% is irrelevant
    i love u too.
    This is moving into personal attacks from your side.
     i apologize,,my bad
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Trolls gonna troll.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    A sad day for the Pearl Jam fanbase, with people focusing more on him having played Porch acoustic before or not, or for what reason he always wear a hat and if it's always the same hat or different types of hats, and not that Eddie Vedder is playing a corporate gig for Amazon.
    I really couldnt care less......I use Amazon and find it a tremendous service. If Ed has reasons to play for them thats up to him. 

I'm not sure myself about the obsession with his hats or hair - but if people like to engage on that so be it also. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,542
    pdalowsky said:
    A sad day for the Pearl Jam fanbase, with people focusing more on him having played Porch acoustic before or not, or for what reason he always wear a hat and if it's always the same hat or different types of hats, and not that Eddie Vedder is playing a corporate gig for Amazon.
    I really couldnt care less......I use Amazon and find it a tremendous service. If Ed has reasons to play for them thats up to him. 

I'm not sure myself about the obsession with his hats or hair - but if people like to engage on that so be it also. 

i had long hair in the 90's and again in the late 2000's and now i shave my head because of a receding hairline, so i don't get that either. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    pdalowsky said:

i had long hair in the 90's and again in the late 2000's and now i shave my head because of a receding hairline, so i don't get that either. 
    gets us all eventually bud LOL
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:

Bald is beautiful 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:

Bald is beautiful 
    Wouldn't look good on me. And what I have now (with my... eh.. balding) doesn't look good either.

Im stuck in hair-hell.
  • I once had a wonderful head of hair. But the bald spot on top began peaking out in my mid-20's (knew it was coming, my father has it). And then the receding hairline. Now I shave it bald. It was tough telling the barber to do it at the time. But it had to be done. But I miss every strand. 

It's not as bad as Seinfeld made it out to be though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I once had a wonderful head of hair. But the bald spot on top began peaking out in my mid-20's (knew it was coming, my father has it). And then the receding hairline. Now I shave it bald. It was tough telling the barber to do it at the time. But it had to be done. But I miss every strand. 

yeah, if i still had the same hairline, i'd still have Vitalogy-era Ed hair at 46 years old. 

www.headstonesband.com

• I once had a wonderful head of hair. But the bald spot on top began peaking out in my mid-20's (knew it was coming, my father has it). And then the receding hairline. Now I shave it bald. It was tough telling the barber to do it at the time. But it had to be done. But I miss every strand. 

I just know, that when I remove whatever I have now... will be the last time I have hair. Rest of my life will be a life of a bald man...So I try to keep it as long as I can...
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I once had a wonderful head of hair. But the bald spot on top began peaking out in my mid-20's (knew it was coming, my father has it). And then the receding hairline. Now I shave it bald. It was tough telling the barber to do it at the time. But it had to be done. But I miss every strand. 

I just know, that when I remove whatever I have now... will be the last time I have hair. Rest of my life will be a life of a bald man...So I try to keep it as long as I can...
    Me too, I should shave it all off, I just cant.
  • Is there a thread on here about hair transplants? Where are we with that? I know Joe Rogan was disappointing with his and shaved it after a while instead...

But maybe nowadays it's great... 
    Is there a thread on here about hair transplants? Where are we with that? I know Joe Rogan was disappointing with his and shaved it after a while instead...

is that a joke? rogan had a hair transplant?

www.headstonesband.com

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,436
    RS65573 said:

What about the hair on your head? 

Understandable. I held out as long as I could too. The turning point for me was when I finally saw a bird's eye view of my baldspot on an overhead store security footage screen. 

A few months ago, I was visiting my father and a mentally-challenged guy who lives around the corner from him was walking down the street with his mother. I haven't seen him in years. He's about my age, and I used to give him baseball cards when we were younger. He's walking by and I say "Hi Kevin." He looks at me with a puzzled look like he didn't know who I was. His mother says "It's Steve. You remember Steve....." Kevin's response? "Where's all your hair?" lol
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,131
    edited October 2020
    Is there a thread on here about hair transplants? Where are we with that? I know Joe Rogan was disappointing with his and shaved it after a while instead...

is that a joke? rogan had a hair transplant?
    So I know more than you about the man..? ;)

I vividly remember him talking about having that "strip" method in the 90s, where you cut out a piece of your skin in the neck. Before one could pick hair by hair.

https://youtu.be/ktGnSBw9688
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    tish said:
    RS65573 said:

Or palms?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    tish said:
    RS65573 said:

Or palms?

And....there it is.
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,942
    Maybe Amazon is not so bad after all?

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

SUB POP is selling an Eddie Bauer flannel collection. 2020 is not 1994. 

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,251
    Ed played two songs virtually and made a bunch of Amazon employees happy. Who gives a fuck 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Oracle World wasnt even bad.  Private stadium show for a bunch of folks who work from 9-5. Who cares?  Lol 
    Ed played two songs virtually and made a bunch of Amazon employees happy. Who gives a fuck 
    lol /thread

www.headstonesband.com

• Ed played two songs virtually and made a bunch of Amazon employees happy. Who gives a fuck 
    So where is the limit where you would "give a fuck" ? 
    WHY WON'T YOU SHARE MY CONTRIVED OUTRAGE?!?!?

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,131
    edited October 2020
    JimmyV said:
    WHY WON'T YOU SHARE MY CONTRIVED OUTRAGE?!?!?
    Focus on buying that designed flannel, instead of mocking other users.