Ed and Amazon

Anybody know or hear about Ed playing a couple songs for Amazon employees today?

My buddy called me while Ed was playing Porch on acoustic. 

Comments

• ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    He's done events for Salesforce in the past as well. Corporate gigs like this pay pretty well. Gotta make a living.  
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,780
    I saw on Twitter 
    I miss igotid88
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,542
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,103
    edited October 2020
    Awesome!

(Also, how cool that he covered Miley Cyrus?!?!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,113
    can anyone see if he used a Pick and if yes, what pick(s)?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,542
    can anyone see if he used a Pick and if yes, what pick(s)?
    One that says "Jeff" on one side, and "Bezos" on the flip. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    should have played 7 O'Clock.  see how those corporate folks would have reacted to that one
  • Was a great performance and a wonderful surprise. When he started Porch I wasn't sure if that would work solo acoustic (forgive me if he does that often and I just don't know), but it really came off well. Hesitated a bit before the first line, then said "it's what he keeps waking up thinking these days", and went for it.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Was a great performance and a wonderful surprise. When he started Porch I wasn't sure if that would work solo acoustic (forgive me if he does that often and I just don't know), but it really came off well. Hesitated a bit before the first line, then said "it's what he keeps waking up thinking these days", and went for it.
    He played it during his Euro tour in 2019, it was brilliant 
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    Awesome!

(Also, how cool that he covered Miley Cyrus?!?!)
    Lmao! Well played. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,320
    When’s the last time he was seen without that hat? 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,501
    edited October 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    It doesn't  suit him i dont think  and jeff likes a big hat. Last tour. Hmmm
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,436
    edited October 2020
    He's social distancing - from the barber. ;)

https://youtu.be/FV4atySzUNI
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,131
    edited October 2020
    Hard to stomach that.

Amazon is a well known piece of shit company after all. 

Just opened up their swedish site too. Yuck.

https://youtu.be/KSSvzCNBvlQ

What does this even pay... that makes it worth it... play for some chickens instead like Neil does.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    Wonder what the 26 yr old Eddie would say about this?
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    nicknyr15 said:
    Before he started middle age balding. Guys that rich can afford the best of hair transplants so why not? Bald rockers just don't make it. We've all paid him enough anyway so just do it!
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,682
    joseph33 said:
    Wonder what the 26 yr old Eddie would say about this?

“The rainforest?”
    shecky said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Before he started middle age balding. Guys that rich can afford the best of hair transplants so why not? Bald rockers just don't make it. We've all paid him enough anyway so just do it!
    I think you're both wrong. He has sported other hats. I think he has been growing his hair and its' in a middle stage. 
    Hard to stomach that.

Amazon is a well known piece of shit company after all. 

Just opened up their swedish site too. Yuck.

https://youtu.be/KSSvzCNBvlQ

What does this even pay... that makes it worth it... play for some chickens instead like Neil does.

Or play to the maximum number of fans allowed safely, to cheer us up! 

How long before they "fight for their right....", as hinted in the Jeff's chat about 'science' taking 2-5 years to get back to crowds?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,294
    tish said:
    He's social distancing - from the barber. ;)

https://youtu.be/FV4atySzUNI

Thanks! 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    Ed was playing acoustic porch years back, If i recall correctly at least 2012 - and 2014 he did it at the SanSiro
  • PapPap Posts: 28,773
    Was a great performance and a wonderful surprise. When he started Porch I wasn't sure if that would work solo acoustic (forgive me if he does that often and I just don't know), but it really came off well. Hesitated a bit before the first line, then said "it's what he keeps waking up thinking these days", and went for it.
    He opened the legendary Milton Keynes 2014 show with a solo acoustic performance of Porch. That was definitely out of this world! Go watch it on YouTube now, and you can thank me later. :wink::smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,942
    pdalowsky said:
    Ed was playing acoustic porch years back, If i recall correctly at least 2012 - and 2014 he did it at the SanSiro
    He also played it in 2008 when I saw him solo. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Oh please, how much does Amazon need to give to causes that EV loves and supports for him to play a few songs and say a few things to a group of workers?
    I'm sure they are doing that, or that he is using the monies made from this sort of stuff toward that.

Balance that out.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    tish said:
    shecky said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I think you're both wrong. He has sported other hats. I think he has been growing his hair and its' in a middle stage. 
    I guess we’ll find out 
    shecky said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I agree! Hell, I would do it with no fame. Nothing wrong with that. Combovers however.....