Options

The Vault #10 Shipment Costs

First of all and my apologies for this rant. This is a 4 LP Vinyl set that sells for €47.00 ($55.00) and the shipment (Post and Packaging) is €52.25 ($62.00) from the EU/UK Store for one item to Ireland.

May 2019, I purchased a receiver Yamaha RX-V590RDS near mint condition from the UK, including the manual and the remote for €66 ($78.00) and shipment at €28.00 ($33.00). Keep this in mind the receiver weighs at 9.5 KG (21 pounds).

The shipment from the UK to Ireland is €52.25 and this is where I am asking questions, is each Vault Vinyl pressed onto a 1/4 inch thick granite slab that they are very heavy with shipment costs? I do hope they are 1/4 inch thick granite. Or is it I am missing something here?

Comments

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,600
    No one here can do anything about it.  
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,421
    This is the first I’m hearing of this. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,118
    As a Canadian this has been a struggle with the 10c for years.   Shipping has rarely been reasonable (aside from this wierd gap of time about 5 or 10 years ago).

What I wouldn't give if they wouldn't just ship everything out by good ole usps, or england by royal mail.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020
    Zod said:
    As a Canadian this has been a struggle with the 10c for years.   Shipping has rarely been reasonable (aside from this wierd gap of time about 5 or 10 years ago).

What I wouldn't give if they wouldn't just ship everything out by good ole usps, or england by royal mail.
    As someone who has bought a lot of vinyl out of the US and Europe.. you wouldn’t be saving much with USPS. The prices to ship to Canada have exploded in the past 3 years.  It’s ridiculous really. 
    Royal Mail seems a little more reasonable until you factor in the Canadian peso 
  • Options
    Ten Club needs to do something about this. This is a joke. I would spend a lot to own a vinyl copy of this, but $120 US ($160 CDN!!!) for this simply sucks and you're pricing cats out. Not very PJ. I wish you could order these and pick them up when the band came thru town (if that ever happens again).
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • Options

First of all and my apologies for this rant. This is a 4 LP Vinyl set that sells for €47.00 ($55.00) and the shipment (Post and Packaging) is €52.25 ($62.00) from the EU/UK Store for one item to Ireland.

May 2019, I purchased a receiver Yamaha RX-V590RDS near mint condition from the UK, including the manual and the remote for €66 ($78.00) and shipment at €28.00 ($33.00). Keep this in mind the receiver weighs at 9.5 KG (21 pounds).

The shipment from the UK to Ireland is €52.25 and this is where I am asking questions, is each Vault Vinyl pressed onto a 1/4 inch thick granite slab that they are very heavy with shipment costs? I do hope they are 1/4 inch thick granite. Or is it I am missing something here?

I posted a thread on shipping costs... Check the Australian cost! 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/287517/international-shipping-cost-increase/p1?new=1
  • Options
    I think in these times especially this needs changing like yesterday
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 401
    edited November 2020
    I don’t know if it needs changing. If they want to charge this for shipping, it is their choice. 

@Santos L. Halper said they will look into this, I can’t understand why they don’t give an update or final decision on this. Not saying anything is not like a Fanclub should treat its members. 
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,951
    edited November 2020
    axeljohan said:
    But since @Santos L. Halper said they will look into this, I can’t understand why they don’t give an update or final decision on this. Not saying anything is not like a Fanclub should treat its members. 
    @Sea often say they are big on respect here. Often with RESPECT in capital letters. So yes, I think a response should be given. Out of respect. It has been a month now since they were gonna look into it. October 17 to November 16.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    For once, it works out well to be in the uk.

The new stickers and pins are not viable to the Uk though, $5 eash and $13 shipped. If bought together its taxed on entry......damn 
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

The new stickers and pins are not viable to the Uk though, $5 eash and $13 shipped. If bought together its taxed on entry......damn 
    I admit it works for the UK. But if this intended, than 10c should rename the „10c EU Shop“ to  „10c UK Shop“
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    axeljohan said:
    pdalowsky said:

I admit it works for the UK. But if this intended, than 10c should rename the „10c EU Shop“ to  „10c UK Shop“
    Or relocate the shop to an EU country
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    Kearn5y said:
    axeljohan said:
    pdalowsky said:

steady on 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    pdalowsky said:
    Kearn5y said:
    axeljohan said:
    pdalowsky said:

steady on 
    I think Boris may have hid this possibility with his many lies over brexit.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    axeljohan said:
    pdalowsky said:

Yeah, if Vault 10 is delivered after Jan 1, 21, continental Europe could face import duties for the vinyl. Which would make it even more expensive. But it looks like 10c doesn’t care enough about this to even address this to the fans. 
  • Options
    vi7alogy said:

I posted a thread on shipping costs... Check the Australian cost! 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/287517/international-shipping-cost-increase/p1?new=1
    Read your thread and I have to say that's crazy.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I would have ordered a few here in the UK and shipped them for fellow members if it wasnt for the fact that musicglue packed them so poorly last year so it would be too risky.
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    Kearn5y said:
    axeljohan said:
    pdalowsky said:

Yeah, if Vault 10 is delivered after Jan 1, 21, continental Europe could face import duties for the vinyl. Which would make it even more expensive. But it looks like 10c doesn’t care enough about this to even address this to the fans. 
    With the Brexit deal in place, Europeans will not pay any import duties for their vault 10. But the shipping costs are still much too expensive. And remember that Brexit was given as an excuse, why shipping costs skyrocketed this time.

still no additional comment from 10c or @s@"Santos L. Halper" on this. 
  • Options
    did you get Moline vinyl? I have only:
    12/09/2020 8:00 P.M.SAN BERNARDINO, CA, United StatesPackage transferred to post office
    Europe direction.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    Handling is added $$ to pay TC and staff.  Lets not forget we have to pay people to package, sort, label.and ship out all this stuff.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,158
    edited January 2021
    hrd2imgn said:
    Handling is added $$ to pay TC and staff.  Lets not forget we have to pay people to package, sort, label.and ship out all this stuff.
    True but that doesn't explain the cost difference between domestic and international 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,948
    Plus which other retailer adds handling charges? Overheads are (almost) always calculated in the markup on the cost of goods sold. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    PJ Sparks said:
    Ten Club needs to do something about this. This is a joke. I would spend a lot to own a vinyl copy of this, but $120 US ($160 CDN!!!) for this simply sucks and you're pricing cats out. Not very PJ. I wish you could order these and pick them up when the band came thru town (if that ever happens again).

I'm not saying that the shipping costs aren't ridiculous, because they are. But why did you pay $160 CAD? For me, the cost was $55 USD + $30 USD shipping, which came to $114.36 CAD.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,752
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ Sparks said:

I'm not saying that the shipping costs aren't ridiculous, because they are. But why did you pay $160 CAD? For me, the cost was $55 USD + $30 USD shipping, which came to $114.36 CAD.

Mine was $55 + $47.94 .. total $102.94 US to Atlantic Canada.