Options

If anyone has signed Off Ramp Regrets...

2»

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    pdalowsky said:
    Ordered the non-signed, then had them refund me. Cool, but I feel like my poster days are over. 
    My days are over too. In fact this post  made me realise and i will sell what i have left i think.  Its pointless having them in a folder. 
    Ordered the non-signed, then had them refund me. Cool, but I feel like my poster days are over. 
    My days are over too. In fact this post  made me realise and i will sell what i have left i think.  Its pointless having them in a folder. 
    Fast getting to this point myself bud
    I think i realise in that moment it was everything and now its not like that. Well my friend  we rode a wave and it was the best. 

Absolutely the thrill, the compulsion and the need has left the building. The thing that has killed it for me is the way people see these things now, they are not collectibles or items they love - they are cash tokens. Its just sad. 

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    andrew68 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    bathe them and bring them to me ;) 
    andrew68 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    bathe them and bring them to me ;) 
    HAHA, and risk a slight mark on the back of the poster that the facebook groups would have a heart attack over? are you crazy bud?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    The thrill never lasts forever.  I will buy a poster for each country I see a PJ show in and that is it.  Definitely geared towards documenting travel and memories versus trying to keep up with everyone else and flipping.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

The thing that has killed it for me is the way people see these things now, they are not collectibles or items they love - they are cash tokens. Its just sad. 

I cannot entirely disagree with this sentiment but I will say that in my case I do collect items that I think have intrinsic value only to use as trade bait for things I do want to collect. I cannot say that this makes me better than a flipper per se...maybe just truer at heart.

Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.