Options

Miley Cyrus covering "Just Breathe"

124»

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited October 2020
    Well, she covered Pearl Jam and didn't sound like Scott Stapp on nitrous, so she gets an A+ from me.  Facetiousness aside, it's one of Pearl Jam's most beautiful songs and she did it justice.  Gave it her own touch but kept it undeniably PJ.
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    My god what they won't do to keep this girl relevant.

is she making "bangers" with Ghostface, or is she punk?

Is she doing "performance art" masturbation or fellatio on stage or is she a lesbian?

Enough is enough already 

This is cheapening to the PJ brand and shouldnt be supported
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    Long RedLong Red NY Posts: 185

Is she doing "performance art" masturbation or fellatio on stage or is she a lesbian?

Enough is enough already 

Yeah how dare that woman express herself sexually, artistically and delve into different genres of music.  
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067

Enough is enough already 

Your post is way hornier than her performance 
  • Options
    I dislike every version of this set list killer
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    RW8297 said:
    I have no interest in hearing any versions of this song.
    +1
     and hopefully will play it only in the shows im not going
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    Lame cover. I much prefer Bentley's and Nelsons' versions of this absolutely beautiful ballad.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    There’s way more important shit to bicker about than a cover version of a song, I’m not glued to everything PJ at all I like their new music but that’s about it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    It's not that bad. And it's also not better than as some have said
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    it's funny that some consider it a setlist killer. does everyone want songs like rearviewmirror 30 times in a set? a set ebbs and flows. just breathe is a beautiful song. it's 100x better than sirens in my opinion. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Sounds like someone force her to sing that..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    she did mention on rogan that her voice went through a transformation of sorts over the years. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    edited October 2020
    Its ok to disagree . Its not the speed of the song at all many slow songs  are great.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    Long Red said:

Enough is enough already 

Yeah how dare that woman express herself sexually, artistically and delve into different genres of music.  
    You're free to gobble up that fake industry-creation all you want, to each's own.

"he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    Tuta23Tuta23 Posts: 114
    That..... was not for me. 
    I am not a Thief of Silence.
  • Options
    Tuta23 said:
    It’s for me when I need a good laugh
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Tuta23 said:
    :lol:.     
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Enough is enough already 

Thank you for telling us that we should listen to you and not support somethin. Sorry cover is great , also her Blondie cover is killer that she had done just a couple days prior.

I don't think the idea of making music as tribal as politics right now. Its ok if you don't like something but there are some of us that do. 

Also she is relevant because she is a fantastic artist.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Tuta23 said:
    YEAH!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited October 2020
    Admittedly she's got that twang in her voice that makes it sound a little unusual at the start but she can really sing and having watched some of her other covers she is actually really good at singing and performing some big rock songs (Zombies) which surprised me,  I thought her Sweet Jane cover was decent as well. Yeah maybe not as good as the originals but I was pleasantly surprised by these covers.

Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    RW8297 said:
    +1
    You can't skip this. First encore. Like a curse,..
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2020
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    +1
    Just Breathe has been played 110 times live. 
    Oddly, I’ve seen the following songs as many times/more times live as “Just Breathe” (2). I do like the song. The number is parenthesis signify the total number of plays by the band according to PJStatTracker 
    - Of the Girl (50)
    - Let Me Sleep (7)
    - Thin Air (42)
    - Who You Are (44)
    - Rats (60)
    - I’m Open (13)
    - Bee Girl (23)
    - All or None (17)
    - All Night (26)
    - Pilate (31)
    - Supersonic (19)
    - Swallowed Whole (15)
    - Come Back (50) 

Couple of thoughts here. It’s surprising to me they have only played one of their biggest hits live 110 times. I’m not going to try and figure out how many shows have happened since it was released but it’s obviously way more than that. 
    This also reminded me of what an awesome lottery going to a PJ show is. You just never know what gem you might get. It’s all a crapshoot. 
    Despite the perceived luck of the gems I’ve seen above and some others once (Fatal, Man of the Hour, Around the Bend, Can’t Keep, Sleight of Hand, a few others) Ive also sadly never seen Faithful, Glorified G, Satan’s Bed or MFC which are some of my favourite PJ tunes. 

The curse is yours I guess. 

EDIT - biggest thing I realized is how much I miss live music... particularly the PJ concerts. I can’t wait for London next summer... 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    +1
    Oddly, I’ve seen the following songs as many times/more times live as “Just Breathe” (2). I do like the song. The number is parenthesis signify the total number of plays by the band according to PJStatTracker 
    - Of the Girl (50)
    - Let Me Sleep (7)
    - Thin Air (42)
    - Who You Are (44)
    - Rats (60)
    - I’m Open (13)
    - Bee Girl (23)
    - All or None (17)
    - All Night (26)
    - Pilate (31)
    - Supersonic (19)
    - Swallowed Whole (15)
    - Come Back (50) 

Couple of thoughts here. It’s surprising to me they have only played one of their biggest hits live 110 times. I’m not going to try and figure out how many shows have happened since it was released but it’s obviously way more than that. 
    This also reminded me of what an awesome lottery going to a PJ show is. You just never know what gem you might get. It’s all a crapshoot. 
    Despite the perceived luck of the gems I’ve seen above and some others once (Fatal, Man of the Hour, Around the Bend, Can’t Keep, Sleight of Hand, a few others) Ive also sadly never seen Faithful, Glorified G, Satan’s Bed or MFC which are some of my favourite PJ tunes. 

EDIT - biggest thing I realized is how much I miss live music... particularly the PJ concerts. I can’t wait for London next summer... 
    Since 2009 I don't think it's that much more than 110 shows. So that number is very high compared some songs from the early to mid 90s that rarely get played. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    +1
    - Of the Girl (50)
    - Let Me Sleep (7)
    - Thin Air (42)
    - Who You Are (44)
    - Rats (60)
    - I’m Open (13)
    - Bee Girl (23)
    - All or None (17)
    - All Night (26)
    - Pilate (31)
    - Supersonic (19)
    - Swallowed Whole (15)
    - Come Back (50) 

Since 2009 I don't think it's that much more than 110 shows. So that number is very high compared some songs from the early to mid 90s that rarely get played. 
    It’s been played at 51% of shows since it’s live debut. Once again it’s a big hit. For most bands it would be higher than that. 
    Either way... it’s still the luck of the draw. 
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
     :ohstop:

A talented pop artist did her artistic take of a Pearl Jam song.  Some will choose to give it multiple listens, while some others will choose to turn the dial and challenge the tune. But having thoughts that this in anyway cheapens the PJ brand?  :o
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    +1
    - Of the Girl (50)
    - Let Me Sleep (7)
    - Thin Air (42)
    - Who You Are (44)
    - Rats (60)
    - I’m Open (13)
    - Bee Girl (23)
    - All or None (17)
    - All Night (26)
    - Pilate (31)
    - Supersonic (19)
    - Swallowed Whole (15)
    - Come Back (50) 

It’s been played at 51% of shows since it’s live debut. Once again it’s a big hit. For most bands it would be higher than that. 
    Other than Even Flow that number is pretty high
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,009
    edited November 2020
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    +1
    - Of the Girl (50)
    - Let Me Sleep (7)
    - Thin Air (42)
    - Who You Are (44)
    - Rats (60)
    - I’m Open (13)
    - Bee Girl (23)
    - All or None (17)
    - All Night (26)
    - Pilate (31)
    - Supersonic (19)
    - Swallowed Whole (15)
    - Come Back (50) 

Naw. Do The Evolution, Given to Fly etc has been played a lot more. But I guess "pretty high" is relative. Every other show is pretty damn common... I guess it got played every show in 2009.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:
    +1
    - Of the Girl (50)
    - Let Me Sleep (7)
    - Thin Air (42)
    - Who You Are (44)
    - Rats (60)
    - I’m Open (13)
    - Bee Girl (23)
    - All or None (17)
    - All Night (26)
    - Pilate (31)
    - Supersonic (19)
    - Swallowed Whole (15)
    - Come Back (50) 

Naw. Do The Evolution, Given to Fly etc has been played a lot more. But I guess "pretty high" is relative. Every other show is pretty damn common... I guess it got played every show in 2009.
    Yea I mean if they had the same setlist every night that would probably be on it 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 152
    She’s beats Eddie all ends up on the smokin hot states.