Options

Big News from Band on Saturday on WMMR in Philadelphia

pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
So WMMR in Philadelphia is having a Pearl Jam weekend coming up and they just said on promo that they will have big news from band on Saturday at Noon.  Any rumors?

Comments

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    Play the new song?
  • Options
    here is their website promoting it

https://wmmr.com/event/mmartist-weekend-pearl-jam/
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    Thanks. Will be tuning in all weekend and sat at noon. wish Matt C was still with MMR
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Live stream?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited October 2020
    "BIG NEWS" in capital letters and in red color? That means a live streamed show. Donations go to the voting charity-thing. 

Too bad the text wasn't bold, then it would have meant Mirrorball 2.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    These guys have cried wolf in the past. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Philly '09 video livestream maybe? 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Philly '09 video livestream maybe? 
    I wonder if something like that as the promo on the website has the Spectrum Box Set art
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,438
    pjhawks said:

That top 50 list seems a bit wacky.  DOTC #17 on all time PJ songs?  I mean, it's not bad but.......
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

That top 50 list seems a bit wacky.  DOTC #17 on all time PJ songs?  I mean, it's not bad but.......
    Ha, plus Just Breathe, The Fixer, Sirens, Superblood Wolfmoon, and more ahead of songs like Release and Garden.  Really?
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    SPACE STATION!!!
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
    The 10th is coming up
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    The 10th is coming up
    Interesting - Saturday 1pm eastern is the 10th at 10am Pacific.  I wonder if they will announce new dates for the NA shows.  It seems by now spring 21 is next to impossible given the vaccine timing so it would be reasonable to think there could be some fall 21 dates.  They already announced Europe dates for summer 21 and just added some London shows.  So why not put down some fall dates for NA, in addition to Ohana of course.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    edited October 2020
    Hmmmm...

I doubt it's a tour. Remember in the past how we've basically known the dates before the big announcement?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Maybe they feel the need to release more shit when they loose touring money, so --

-- LOST DOGS 2.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Hmmmm...

I doubt it's a tour. Remember in the past how we've basically known the dates before the big announcement?
    Times have changed!

The Euro 21 announcement in July came out of left field.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I feel like any tour announcements at this point are unreliable and non-events.  We don't know when we can do these things so no more hotels, flights, tickets, etc....holding our 4 seats to MSG and hopefully still have the trade formerly worked out for Baltimore pair whenever they determine they can reschedule those.

I know there are people itching to bring their 3 year olds to the shows, now, curse the virus or any people who do not think rock concerts are the place for kids.  (One poster told us recently that Pearl Jam is a FAMILY BAND.  :lol:  )

My guess would also be a video release of one of the Philly 4 shows.  That would be pretty awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    If they release a dvd of the Spectrum shows i hope its 2003.   The best of the 5...
  • Options
    I feel like any tour announcements at this point are unreliable and non-events.  We don't know when we can do these things so no more hotels, flights, tickets, etc....holding our 4 seats to MSG and hopefully still have the trade formerly worked out for Baltimore pair whenever they determine they can reschedule those.

I know there are people itching to bring their 3 year olds to the shows, now, curse the virus or any people who do not think rock concerts are the place for kids.  (One poster told us recently that Pearl Jam is a FAMILY BAND.  :lol:  )

My guess would also be a video release of one of the Philly 4 shows.  That would be pretty awesome.
    I’m with you on hesitating to spend new money on uncertain shows.  That said I would be happy to see new dates emerge for shows I previously purchased in order to start booking hotels.  As long as it’s not a non-refundable rate there is nothing to lose.  Odds are decent that fall 2021 can happen.  Technically they already have set two PJ and one EV dates for next Sept.  

Nonetheless, if there is any type of video availability of a classic Philly show I would not turn that down.

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    on2legs said:

No way. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    If they release a dvd of the Spectrum shows i hope its 2003.   The best of the 5...
    dvd...

Give me a 4K scan of the 1995 Asian tour material.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226

I believe Coachella announced yesterday that they were postponing until October 2021, so I'm not optimistic about any domestic shows next spring.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056

I believe Coachella announced yesterday that they were postponing until October 2021, so I'm not optimistic about any domestic shows next spring.
    I wonder how much of that is about putting on a large festival and booking scores of bands and vendors vs. a couple bands going out on a traditional tour, even in larger venues. Not that either is simple, but it wouldn't surprise me if you can take more risks with the latter.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    on2legs said:

Fixed. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    100 Pacer said:
    on2legs said:

Fixed. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    edited October 2020
    PJ30 HYPE
    (as long as we are throwing out impossible ideas)
    Isn't this the same radio station that trolled the fanbase a few years ago with that Eddie voice impersonator?
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    PJ30 HYPE
    (as long as we are throwing out impossible ideas)
    Isn't this the same radio station that trolled the fanbase a few years ago with that Eddie voice impersonator?
    Yes but they are doing a pj weekend so this one is real.  Best guess something from Spectrum shows
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    I remain skeptical but if there is big news coming tomorrow, we might see some social media hints today. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."