Options

Are you an Elvis or Beatles person?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Yeah, really no opinion on either.  Never really been into either of them.  No disrespect, I know the music, just never been "gaga" over either.
  • Options
    Yeah, really no opinion on either.  Never really been into either of them.  No disrespect, I know the music, just never been "gaga" over either.
    GaGa?  Now I can get into some Lady GaGa!
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020
    Beatles
    Really only recently have dug into the Beatles (thanks to my wife). She has had me buy the Beatles vinyl she wanted and I have a new appreciation for them. Fantastic song writers and their influence cannot be denied. 

As for Elvis.. well the creep factor of dating a 14 year old is just too much for me. Even when I heard that as a teenager in the early 90s it tripped me out.  He “had no problem with it because he could mold her into the ideal woman”. YUCK
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    Beatles
    Really only recently have dug into the Beatles (thanks to my wife). She has had me buy the Beatles vinyl she wanted and I have a new appreciation for them. Fantastic song writers and their influence cannot be denied. 

As for Elvis.. well the creep factor of dating a 14 year old is just too much for me. Even when I heard that as a teenager in the early 90s it tripped me out.  He “had no problem with it because he could mold her into the ideal woman”. YUCK
    Wow i didnt know this.  Thats awful my daughters are older than  that. Sickman.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Yeah you missed it! Should of had both option..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294

Wow i didnt know this.  Thats awful my daughters are older than  that. Sickman.
    Yeah his mother should of stepped in and slapped him into reality! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Beatles
    Are some missing the Pulp Fiction reference to the poll question?  You’ll have to take up the poll answer options with Quentin Tarantino.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Beatles
    Some folks are...

See the source image
  • Options
    Beatles
    Beatles fans can like Elvis and Elvis fans can like Beatles but not equally ... yadda yadda yadda. 
    If I like the Beatles it tells me what kind of person I am.... one that abhors pedophilia. 
  • Options
    Beatles
    If I were to add another answer, it would have been A Five-Dollar Shake or a Royale with Cheese.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Beatles
    For sure Royale with Cheese
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    For sure Royale with Cheese
    Much better than Le Big Mac.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited October 2020
    "There are only two kinds of people in the world, Beatles people and Elvis people. Now Beatles people can like Elvis and Elvis people can like the Beatles, but nobody likes them both equally. Somewhere you have to make a choice. And that choice, tells you who you are.”

- Mia Wallace

There needs to be a 3rd option- Just Pearl Jam who are so much better!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hobbes said:
    Some folks are...

See the source image
    Rectangles?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Beatles
    "There are only two kinds of people in the world, Beatles people and Elvis people. Now Beatles people can like Elvis and Elvis people can like the Beatles, but nobody likes them both equally. Somewhere you have to make a choice. And that choice, tells you who you are.”

- Mia Wallace

So true!
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Beatles
    Beatles fans can like Elvis and Elvis fans can like Beatles but not equally ... yadda yadda yadda. 
    If I like the Beatles it tells me what kind of person I am.... one that abhors pedophilia. 
    I never knew that about Elvis.  Not a fan of his and could likely only name 3 or 4 songs...What the Beatles did in such a short time is incredible.  I've had the pleasure of seeing both Paul and Ringo.  Just too bad, some nut job cost us the chance of seeing the Beatles possibly re-united...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Beatles

- Mia Wallace

Pearl Jam better than the Beatles?!  AND Elvis?  Not just musically; they've all got Ed beat on enunciation alone :rofl:
  • Options
    Beatles
    hedonist said:

- Mia Wallace

Pearl Jam better than the Beatles?!  AND Elvis?  Not just musically; they've all got Ed beat on enunciation alone :rofl:
    Maybe so...but Ringo has him beat all-round??
  • Options
    Beatles
    hedonist said:

- Mia Wallace

Maybe so...but Ringo has him beat all-round??
    Yes, Ringo and his stellar voice 🙄

I meant compared to those who primarily sang. And Elvis, of course. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Elvis
    Before Elvis, there was nothing. - John Lennon
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Beatles
    MedozK said:
    Before Elvis, there was nothing. - John Lennon
    Modesty. 
  • Options
    I meant I prefer Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Beatles

We can love Lennon’s music, as long as we don’t defend his abuse

https://www.dailycal.org/2017/11/13/john-lennon-beatles-yoko-ono-cynthia-imagine/

Does anyone know if this is true??? This is the 1st I've heard of this?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Beatles

We can love Lennon’s music, as long as we don’t defend his abuse

https://www.dailycal.org/2017/11/13/john-lennon-beatles-yoko-ono-cynthia-imagine/

Does anyone know if this is true??? This is the 1st I've heard of this?
    Apparently he admitted to it during an interview.

I know people aren't perfect, but it sucks to find out shit about someone you admire for various reasons.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Poncier said:
    I think to find any significant number of Elvis people, nowadays you'd have to be polling folks in their 70's and above, aside from Wob, we don't have many of them here.
    Hahaha.  Edit --- @Wobbie likes Goo Goo Dolls better than Elvis.
    And Kenny Wayne Shepherd
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I like Chris Isaak and Oasis. Close enough.