Are you an Elvis or Beatles person?

Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
edited September 2020 in All Encompassing Trip
"There are only two kinds of people in the world, Beatles people and Elvis people. Now Beatles people can like Elvis and Elvis people can like the Beatles, but nobody likes them both equally. Somewhere you have to make a choice. And that choice, tells you who you are.”

- Mia Wallace

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

Are you an Elvis or Beatles person? 32 votes

Elvis
9%
markymark550elvistheking44MedozK 3 votes
Beatles
90%
hedonistmcgruff10xavier mcdanielbootlegger10Terryiblealex_sclastexitlondongoldrushChazzPJ1973BrainofBGAtbergsdimitrispearljamGlowGirlGern BlanstenMerkin BallereddieceeriepadavebrianluxF Me In The Brain 29 votes
Post edited by Glorified KC on

Comments

• Elvis
    Ummmmmm
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    edited September 2020
    Beatles
    ^^^ i love this. Its like the thread was made for you. Hahah

Not even close. I never got much from elvis
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Beatles
    My wife and I have been watching a 90's movie every weekend and we watched Pulp Fiction last Friday.  I love that movie so much.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Was Elvis Presley a songwriter?
    Elvis Presley was not a “singer-songwriter.” He had a unique talent for interpreting songs—injecting his own brand of emotion, energy, and feeling into them. ... However, Elvis never allowed himself to be tied into one style, and so he recorded songs written by dozens of composers and writing teams.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    reported
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Chuck Berry
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Beatles
    dankind said:
    Chuck Berry

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    Chuck Berry

My man. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Beatles
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Chuck Berry

My man. 
    This was actually the wedding party song/dance at our wedding.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    The Stones
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    Beatles
    I like both but picked Beatles
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Beatles
    I was really just wanting to play around with quoting Pulp Fiction, but I was hoping for more Elvis people.  It's a perspective I've always been interested in hearing more about.
    I think to find any significant number of Elvis people, nowadays you'd have to be polling folks in their 70's and above, aside from Wob, we don't have many of them here.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Beatles
    My late MIL was a huge Elvis fan. I love him too (the black and white session is amazing) but the Beatles have my heart. They’re part of my best-ever memories

And we ate lunch next to Sir Paul once!
  • I enjoy songs from both but don't have any recordings of either.  Not my bag.
    Beatles
    I enjoy songs from both but don't have any recordings of either.  Not my bag.
    Would you prefer a five-dollar shake?

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    edited September 2020
    Beatles
    Poncier said:
    I think to find any significant number of Elvis people, nowadays you'd have to be polling folks in their 70's and above, aside from Wob, we don't have many of them here.
    Hahaha.  Edit --- @Wobbie likes Goo Goo Dolls better than Elvis.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    But do you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library, fella?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I enjoy songs from both but don't have any recordings of either.  Not my bag.

But do you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library, fella?
    These have to be song references because I have zero idea what they mean...
    Beatles

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Beatles
    Interesting idea and I went with Beatles (hands down- I never really caught on to Elvis- respect yes, fan no) but had the question been, "Are you an Elvis, Beatles, or Rolling Stones kind of person?" I would have checked "Rolling Stones".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Well, let me tell you something, funny boy. Y'know that little stamp, the one that says 'New York Public Library'? Well that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole hell of a lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before: Flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. What's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Well, let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or: maybe that turns you on, tempo; maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over. Y'got seven days, tempo. That is one week!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Elvis
    Weird comparison to me. I think that Elvis vs his contemporaries (Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Louis, Johnny Cash, etc) and the Beatles vs their contemporaries (Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Who, etc) are better comparisons. That said, I prefer Elvis over the Beatles (and no Poncier, I'm not in my 70s :lol: )
      (and no Poncier, I'm not in my 70s :lol: )
    Can you Ensure us of that fact?
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    edited October 2020
    Elvis
    Poncier said:
    Not without sharing PII

Nice pun btw
    Beatles
    Poncier said:
    Not without sharing PII

Nice pun btw
    That certainly gives my confidence a Boost.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    Beatles

Well, let me tell you something, funny boy. Y'know that little stamp, the one that says 'New York Public Library'? Well that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole hell of a lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before: Flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. What's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Well, let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or: maybe that turns you on, tempo; maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over. Y'got seven days, tempo. That is one week!
    Is that from Seinfeld - Mr. Bookman the library cop?

GlowGirl said:

Is that from Seinfeld - Mr. Bookman the library cop?

who?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Beatles
    brianlux said:
    Interesting idea and I went with Beatles (hands down- I never really caught on to Elvis- respect yes, fan no) but had the question been, "Are you an Elvis, Beatles, or Rolling Stones kind of person?" I would have checked "Rolling Stones".
    "Gimme sympathy
    After all of this is gone
    Who would you rather be
    The Beatles or The Rolling Stones"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqldwoDXHKg

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY