GOP

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    OnWis97 said:
    One of the things that Trump unwittingly did to his base was convert them all into victims. His insecurities force him to be a victim about everything that doesn't go his way. And, at least with the base, it works to the point that they no longer believe they can lose un-rigged elections. I really miss the days when conservatives would mock victimhood and say things like "get over it" and "life isn't fair."
    I don’t think he turned his base into victims. Being a white bratty bully victim is what attracted them to him in the first place; they are the same. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,314
    OnWis97 said:
    One of the things that Trump unwittingly did to his base was convert them all into victims. His insecurities force him to be a victim about everything that doesn't go his way. And, at least with the base, it works to the point that they no longer believe they can lose un-rigged elections. I really miss the days when conservatives would mock victimhood and say things like "get over it" and "life isn't fair."
    I don’t think he turned his base into victims. Being a white bratty bully victim is what attracted them to him in the first place; they are the same. 
    Take away white…no, leave it but add brown/black. Probably remove bully…but capitalize Bratty … now you have the dems base…though smaller % than MAGA 
    hippiemom = goodness
    OnWis97 said:
    Take away white…no, leave it but add brown/black. Probably remove bully…but capitalize Bratty … now you have the dems base…though smaller % than MAGA 
    Yeah….no. 

www.headstonesband.com

OnWis97 said:
    Yeah….no. 
    If you don't see it, you must be it ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    How'd the Harris thread get shut down again? What am I missing?
    www.myspace.com
    Good question.  I really have grown a lot in the last 4 years as I haven't been apart of any discussion here that has caused a shutdown in a while!
    hippiemom = goodness
    OnWis97 said:
    Yeah….no. 
    How can a left leaning Canadian be part of the American democratic base? 

www.headstonesband.com

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    OnWis97 said:
    Yeah….no. 
    You guys are kinda splitting hairs, but in any case victimhood has become fashionable whereas accusing the left of being victims used to be cool. And I believe it was Trump who helped usher it to the forefront. And why not. His base sees him as strong and they now seem to be connecting all of his attributes to this "strength." So now everyone is always being wronged. And the libs are silencing us. And they never show white hetro couples on TV commercials anymore, etc., etc.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    I assume it's the back and forth from yesterday. People challenging the lies and half truths of a certain poster.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    mickeyrat said:
    Damn wtf how is any veteran supporting the biggest piece of 💩 alive! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    riiight

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,029
    this should terrify the gop. this is why they must obstruct the vote.

https://x.com/cwebbonline/status/1828958004085248429
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    this should terrify the gop. this is why they must obstruct the vote.

https://x.com/cwebbonline/status/1828958004085248429
    and by the way that data is from cbs news.

not sure if bobo has her own thread, but this is an ad from the person running against her. pretty snarky.

https://x.com/trisha4colorado/status/1828772357751947419

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,194
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    OnWis97 said:
    Yeah….no. 
    Whether that's true or not, the left base does not drive the party.  It has been since 1972 (McGovern loss) since the far left had a material control of policy or key offices.  The Dems are center-left in leadership and governing at a national level.  
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Yeah….no. 
    Whether that's true or not, the left base does not drive the party.  It has been since 1972 (McGovern loss) since the far left had a material control of policy or key offices.  The Dems are center-left in leadership and governing at a national level.  
    Left-center…maybe. More moderates nowadays for sure. But still way too many that they also placate. 

I wouldn’t call quite a few of their policies as moderate though. And them trying to spike the football on the gop with an immigration policy FINALLY after almost 4 years in office was just as bad a political move as the gop not passing it.

Regardless, the primaries continue to highlight what is wrong with each party. For a candidate to have to change positions and move to the middle after campaigning otherwise (and it happens in each party) shows just how dumb it is.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Yeah….no. 
    Left-center…maybe. More moderates nowadays for sure. But still way too many that they also placate. 

I wouldn’t call quite a few of their policies as moderate though. And them trying to spike the football on the gop with an immigration policy FINALLY after almost 4 years in office was just as bad a political move as the gop not passing it.

Regardless, the primaries continue to highlight what is wrong with each party. For a candidate to have to change positions and move to the middle after campaigning otherwise (and it happens in each party) shows just how dumb it is.
    I recall 
    Romney's "etch a sketch" comment... This is normal 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    mickeyrat said:
    Violence is being guaranteed by this Candidate and his supporters! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

www.headstonesband.com

mickeyrat said:
    Still sour graping over his lonely Martha’s Vineyard summer, I see?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©

Brilliantati©