Options

GOP

Comments

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,447
    It’s common for girls that age to “cut” themselves but when you try to get an explanation for it they usually have a hard time telling the truth because they don’t know why.  Young minds are easily disrupted.  Sometimes death feels like the only solution to what they believe is a horrendous problem when in reality it’s not but they can’t imagine it…yet.  

Hope all is well no matter who the parents are.  
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,299
    i've seen reports that she came out as bisexual earlier this year and attempted suicide last night. ted cruz opposes rights for lgbtq.

such a shame. hope she recovers quickly.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ted cruz just a few days ago posted the dick pics of the president's troubled son.

all i am saying is sometimes it is hard to have to have compassion for people like that when something bad happens to someone in their family, but we do have that compassion here because we are all decent people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,176
    i've seen reports that she came out as bisexual earlier this year and attempted suicide last night. ted cruz opposes rights for lgbtq.

such a shame. hope she recovers quickly.
    That's what I had heard as well. She had apparently made some social media posts about it I guess.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,447
    ted cruz just a few days ago posted the dick pics of the president's troubled son.

all i am saying is sometimes it is hard to have to have compassion for people like that when something bad happens to someone in their family, but we do have that compassion here because we are all decent people.
    I wasn’t aware of that news.  So many homophobic politicians have gay children.  I could never turn my back on my children if they were gay.  Love is love and isn’t that what we all want for children…to be loved and not alone in life?  
  • Options

It's definitely hard to have sympathy for a feckless POS like Cruz, but I don't wish what's happening to his family on anyone.
  • Options

It's definitely hard to have sympathy for a feckless POS like Cruz, but I don't wish what's happening to his family on anyone.
    i don't either. i'd like to think cruz would become decent and avoid punching down on hunter biden, but i doubt he is capable of that.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,475

I wasn’t aware of that news.  So many homophobic politicians have gay children.  I could never turn my back on my children if they were gay.  Love is love and isn’t that what we all want for children…to be loved and not alone in life?  
    Yep! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411

'Don't Say Gay' Florida lawmaker indicted on fraud charges
    By ANTHONY IZAGUIRRE
    7 Dec 2022

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — The Florida lawmaker who sponsored the controversial law critics call “Don't Say Gay” has been indicted on charges of defrauding a federal coronavirus loan program for small businesses, officials said Wednesday.

Federal prosecutors said Rep. Joe Harding, 35, illegally obtained or tried to obtain more than $150,000 from the Small Business Administration in pandemic aid loans. He is being charged with two counts of wire fraud, two counts of money laundering and two counts of making false statements.

Harding, a Republican, became nationally known this year over his sponsorship of a law that forbids instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade, as well as material that is not deemed age-appropriate.

"I want the public and my constituents to know that I fully repaid the loan and cooperated with investigators as requested,” Harding said in a written statement.

The Republican speaker of the Florida House of Representatives has temporarily removed Harding from his committee assignments in the Legislature.

A trial is scheduled for Jan. 11.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,176

Interesting....people in IN are pissed at Tod Young as well. Props to him for the vote as our other GOP Senator (Braun) voted against it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Interesting....people in IN are pissed at Tod Young as well. Props to him for the vote as our other GOP Senator (Braun) voted against it.
    Jesus clearly said that the homosexuals shall be judged and treated as second class citizens with unequal rights, so I am not sure what the big deal is.  It's in the Bible for all to see.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740
    static111 said:

Jesus clearly said that the homosexuals shall be judged and treated as second class citizens with unequal rights, so I am not sure what the big deal is.  It's in the Bible for all to see.
    Not only that, Jesus also proclaimed that civil rights laws don’t apply to gays and lesbians and they should be denied services at businesses in his name. 
  • Options
    jesus never said anything about homosexuality, so where are these people getting this "betrayer of christ" stuff?

• Options
    i hate how these people have co-opted chritianity and made it so toxic that your average person would not want to be associated with it.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,840
    jesus never said anything about homosexuality, so where are these people getting this "betrayer of christ" stuff?
    It's in Leviticus.  But then ask someone to defend the rest of Leviticus.  

When a woman has ·her monthly period [L a discharge of blood from her genitals/body], she is unclean [C in a ritual sense; the blood’s association with reproduction makes it holy; 15:16] for seven days; anyone who touches her will be unclean until evening. 20 Anything she lies on during this time will be unclean, and everything she sits on during this time will be unclean. 21 Anyone who touches her bed must wash his clothes and bathe in water; that person will be unclean until evening. 22 Anyone who touches something she has sat on must wash his clothes and bathe in water; that person will be unclean until evening. 23 It does not matter if the person touched the woman’s bed or something she sat on; he will be unclean until evening.

Or Corinthians..

For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
  • Options
    You have obviously never read the Bible.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Closing paragraphs of an Op-Ed from WaPo.

Perhaps it’s progress that the GOP is drifting away from its obsession with Trump. The less our political debate focuses on him, the better for those interested in preserving democratic norms.

But so long as one of the two national parties feeds on irrationality, conspiracy theories, victimhood and paranoia, our politics won’t return to normal. We will still lack a system in which both sides compete to present problem-solving agendas to voters. And the maelstrom of anger and victimhood will continue, creating an atmosphere in which any means to an end is justified and political opponents are demonized.

In short, MAGA victimhood without Trump may be a new development. But it’s hardly an improvement.

Opinion | The right-wing outrage machine doesn’t even need Trump anymore - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111 said:
    jesus did not ever specifically mention homosexuality in the bible. feel free to look it up if you don't believe me.

• Options
    static111 said:
    jesus did not ever specifically mention homosexuality in the bible. feel free to look it up if you don't believe me.
    Agree to disagree, It is clearly written right by the part where he says the US Embassy shall be built in Jerusalem and the third temple shall be built on the holy mosque
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Agree to disagree, It is clearly written right by the part where he says the US Embassy shall be built in Jerusalem and the third temple shall be built on the holy mosque
    oh that must be in those new modern bibles. the one where jesus said "you can't rely on me to multiply this fish and bread all the time. get off your lazy butt and get a job."

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    oh that must be in those new modern bibles. the one where jesus said "you can't rely on me to multiply this fish and bread all the time. get off your lazy butt and get a job."
    Is there another bible than The American Patriot Bible?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Is there another bible than The American Patriot Bible?
    not these days, haha

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

When a woman has ·her monthly period [L a discharge of blood from her genitals/body], she is unclean [C in a ritual sense; the blood’s association with reproduction makes it holy; 15:16] for seven days; anyone who touches her will be unclean until evening. 20 Anything she lies on during this time will be unclean, and everything she sits on during this time will be unclean. 21 Anyone who touches her bed must wash his clothes and bathe in water; that person will be unclean until evening. 22 Anyone who touches something she has sat on must wash his clothes and bathe in water; that person will be unclean until evening. 23 It does not matter if the person touched the woman’s bed or something she sat on; he will be unclean until evening.

Or Corinthians..

For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
    I have had someone try to defend Leviticus and Corinthians to me, with the same tried-and-true message as everything else in the Bible: "It's about love."  That's why women can't speak in church, because their husbands love them. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Ha!  That was great. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Or Corinthians..

I have had someone try to defend Leviticus and Corinthians to me, with the same tried-and-true message as everything else in the Bible: "It's about love."  That's why women can't speak in church, because their husbands love them. 
    See, now you see the Light. 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    Those aren’t references to homosexuality. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    I have never read the bible...so anyone can shoot me down when they want.

But it certainly seems like the bible is cherry-picked for which things to rail against and which things to ignore. Seems like the things to rail against tend toward things that trigger the most insecurities.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111 said:
    So you haven't read the Bible either?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Lectivus again.

If a man lays with another man as if he were a woman they have both committed an abomination.

I'm no scholar but I think I know what they were getting at.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Lectivus again.

If a man lays with another man as if he were a woman they have both committed an abomination.

I'm no scholar but I think I know what they were getting at.
    And I’m not a Hebrew scholar either, along with all the conservative Christians who aren’t, so the original text gets lost in translation and historical context gets left out. Scholars will talk about the original Leviticus text being a holiness code for Israel’s priests and more specifically the above was a rule against incest. Homosexual relationships wasn’t a part of the dialogue back then.