WILL PEARL JAM PLAY AN OUTDOOR VENUE IN UK 2021?

dannydanny Posts: 2,277
MILTON KEYNES WOULD BE GOOD AGAIN
danny d

Comments

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Would love to see them announce that London show again, as it was the centrepiece of this year's itinerary for me. But at this stage I'm not hopeful.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • A few weeks ago I would have said it was a certainty during the gap in the schedule. Now I'm doubting that the tour will go ahead at all
  • I'd be very surprised if they dont announce they are playing Hyde Park in 2021 in the coming weeks. There's a slot in the schedule that is precisely when it takes place so it seems very likely. If memory serves, the HP line up was revealed in November last year, so should in theory be in the next 6-8 weeks. Of course, even though it will be announced there is no guarantee that the tour will happen at all. 
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    I was quite hopeful that the 2021 tour would go ahead (for Europe at least, the US no chance) but now with recent news I’m doubting there will be a tour.
  • Pretty depressing really, but does seem unlikely there will be any touring in 2021.
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 518
    What recent news? It was always going to be dependent on a vaccine or quick test. And news on that matter hasn‘t changed. It‘s on track.

Did yoh think it‘ll vanish over time?
  • JackD. said:
    What recent news? It was always going to be dependent on a vaccine or quick test. And news on that matter hasn‘t changed. It‘s on track.

Governments that had set dates for opening things up or having pilot events are now pushing them back or cancelling them that would suggest full opening will also be pushed back 
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    I'd be absolutely amazed if this or any tour happens
     I hope to god I'm wrong. I have to be realistic

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    JackD. said:

I’m referring to recent news in the UK with cases rising and new restrictions.
    matt84 said:
    JackD. said:

I’m referring to recent news in the UK with cases rising and new restrictions.
    Yeah, I get that. But „opening up“ was never a realistic option for an indoor arena concert. So my point is, cases rising is no indication for concerts next year. You can only control this virus with a vaccine or at the door tests.

Therefore, no change in „hope“ for me. Same as a few weeks back, when they announced the rescheduled dates.
  • Will pearl jam play any gigs in 2021, debatable
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,282
    Why is everyone so negative. I’m worried the tour is not going to happen but we need to hope. Part of me thinks we can’t continue going on like we did this year. Everyone is fed up and I just can’t see another year of this situation. All the pointers are now to the vaccine being available early 21. Just hoping the band holds off their decision on whether to go ahead until Easter/May time
  • Everything with this pandemic has been worse than predicted.  That’s why everyone is so negative.  That being said it is 9 months until the scheduled Amsterdam show and for perspective 9 months ago nobody had heard of Covid.  A lot can change.  If the vaccines now being tested come through there is reason for cautious optimism for next summer’s tour.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    From what Ive read there is currently no real signs the vaccines being worked on will work.....it all seems pie in the sky. 
  • pdalowsky said:
    From what Ive read there is currently no real signs the vaccines being worked on will work.....it all seems pie in the sky. 
    That’s a pretty negative statement.  They have been shown to produce an immune response.  Currently being tested is whether that response actually fights off the illness.   
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • We could get an effective vaccine by early 2021, but will enough people have had access to it by the time shows are supposed to happen?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    drfox said:
    Why is everyone so negative. I’m worried the tour is not going to happen but we need to hope. Part of me thinks we can’t continue going on like we did this year. Everyone is fed up and I just can’t see another year of this situation. All the pointers are now to the vaccine being available early 21. Just hoping the band holds off their decision on whether to go ahead until Easter/May time
    It seems under best case scenario that that a vaccine or vaccine's could be ready for production by the end of the year.  The problem is that it's going to take a long while to make enough to immunize everyone (or even enough to immunize enough people to get herd immunity).

It sounds like at estimated capacity it might not be until the end of 2021 or early 2022 that enough vaccine's have been produced and distributed to stop the the virus.

I do hold out hope we'll get a Wayne's World Mega Happy ending though.  Maybe a bunch of vaccine's will end up working out, and we'll have a bunch of companies able to produce them.   Maybe it'll speed up that process?
    pdalowsky said:
    You might want to double check your sources.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html
    JackD. said:
    pdalowsky said:
    You might want to double check your sources.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html
    Ive seen various experts counter what is being written here in the sense that the immune response in humans is not certain at all. Each expert of course has their own opinion on this, their own slant, and the speed they are working at on this is mind boggling......I hope they do produce something but its still early days it seems and there is a hell of a long way to go until its available on a  mass scale and certified as safe to use. From what I have read, and we have to be wary here, the chance of it being done by the euro tour dates is not looking too likely
    pdalowsky said:
    That’s a pretty negative statement.  They have been shown to produce an immune response.  Currently being tested is whether that response actually fights off the illness.   
    Its not intended to be negative,just a stating of what some 'experts' have said. I am however not an expert, and in all honestly read these updates reports and papers with interest not fully grasping what is involved. To be honest if they produce a vaccine, it will be exactly that, something to prevent catching the thing - curing those with it could be an entirely different beast ....but if they solve the immune response riddle the disease will undoubtedly die out or be severely curtailed once it is fully rolled out