Options

Fan Club woes - is there a point any more?

13

Comments

  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    on2legs said:
    It is a shame they couldn't have kept the analog at $40 and taken $10 off the vault.

    OR...

    Since they can do the vault every year with no issue, make the previous single (2019 for example) two songs from the vault released in mid-2020.
    get rid of the shirts. make the only member item a vault vinyl of your choice from that year, you pay the shipping. 
    Are you posting from that truck stop bathroom?
    lol. back at home. on my own toilet. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

    www.headstonesband.com




  • Options
    Pretty sure you don’t need a membership to get the vault vinyl anymore, at least for the last one. 
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    I had a heart attack when my renewal came through on automatic, and I was still an analogue member. 

    $75 for another gym t shirt.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,486
    edited August 2020
    Still waiting for what is to replace the single.

    https://youtu.be/nZXRV4MezEw
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    The amount of tickets the fanclub got from the spring tour alone should tell you that it is worth the $20 alone to stay out of the public sale headache. Good membership number or not it is still worth it imo. I mean I just went to Subway with my wife and 3 kids and spent $50 for one meal. I am pretty surprised people are even talking about the value of this. 
    But that’s 50 Canadian dollars, so not sure everyone will understand your point. I do. 
     Ok Ok I spent $36 at Subway lol. 
    They have Subway’s in New Brunswick?   Damn, I didn’t know you had electricity.....lol.  

    50 bucks a year ( 36 American) is well worth the entertainment I get from this forum.  Fan club tickets, posters and a tee shirt are simply the icing on top. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    So far he have membership equals...

    1 Panda Express order 
    Or
    2 Chipotle burritos

    I look at it as 3 4pks of really good local craft IPAs

    Anyone else?
    Trillium in Mass charges $22.20 for a lot of their 4 packs
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    I had a heart attack when my renewal came through on automatic, and I was still an analogue member. 

    $75 for another gym t shirt.
    $75? I thought analogue is $40. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

    Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,225
    Beer and burritos a dangerous combination!
    I'm broke as....but still love it here. Maybe I should save the cash and go to therapy. Naaaah.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    PJ still plays music? - Everyone i encounter while wearing PJ gear
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Noload said:
    PJ still plays music? - Everyone i encounter while wearing PJ gear
    Pearl Jam's plan in the 90's seems to have been well executed.  Stop doing music videos, stop doing interviews, stop showing up on TV.  Make music they want to make.   The pretty much lost all the casual fans, but retained a pretty loyal and hardcore fan base.    It's created this situation where loyal PJ fans know they've never stopped, but your average joe had no idea anything happened after Vitalogy.

    I feel like the bands decisions in the 90's worked well for them.  They scaled down the fame a bit, while figuring out how to manage their careers.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Zod said:
    Noload said:
    PJ still plays music? - Everyone i encounter while wearing PJ gear
    Pearl Jam's plan in the 90's seems to have been well executed.  Stop doing music videos, stop doing interviews, stop showing up on TV.  Make music they want to make.   The pretty much lost all the casual fans, but retained a pretty loyal and hardcore fan base.    It's created this situation where loyal PJ fans know they've never stopped, but your average joe had no idea anything happened after Vitalogy.

    I feel like the bands decisions in the 90's worked well for them.  They scaled down the fame a bit, while figuring out how to manage their careers.
    I would agree it's worked just fine for the band.  You ever see those celebrity net worth numbers?  They have done just fine and I'm glad they have.  Been willingly giving them fan club $ since 1994 (i think).
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,044
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    The amount of tickets the fanclub got from the spring tour alone should tell you that it is worth the $20 alone to stay out of the public sale headache. Good membership number or not it is still worth it imo. I mean I just went to Subway with my wife and 3 kids and spent $50 for one meal. I am pretty surprised people are even talking about the value of this. 
    But that’s 50 Canadian dollars, so not sure everyone will understand your point. I do. 
     Ok Ok I spent $36 at Subway lol. 
    They have Subway’s in New Brunswick?   Damn, I didn’t know you had electricity.....lol.  

    50 bucks a year ( 36 American) is well worth the entertainment I get from this forum.  Fan club tickets, posters and a tee shirt are simply the icing on top. 
    Bad enough @mcgruff10 rags on how bad our money is now a fellow Canadian knocking no NB ugh lol. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    The amount of tickets the fanclub got from the spring tour alone should tell you that it is worth the $20 alone to stay out of the public sale headache. Good membership number or not it is still worth it imo. I mean I just went to Subway with my wife and 3 kids and spent $50 for one meal. I am pretty surprised people are even talking about the value of this. 
    But that’s 50 Canadian dollars, so not sure everyone will understand your point. I do. 
     Ok Ok I spent $36 at Subway lol. 
    They have Subway’s in New Brunswick?   Damn, I didn’t know you had electricity.....lol.  

    50 bucks a year ( 36 American) is well worth the entertainment I get from this forum.  Fan club tickets, posters and a tee shirt are simply the icing on top. 
    Bad enough @mcgruff10 rags on how bad our money is now a fellow Canadian knocking no NB ugh lol. 
    Is  it even worth it for me to cash my check for Ticketmaster Canada? I think it is for $310 cdn....so like $2 usd?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Is it true you can get maple syrup on a sandwich at Subway in Canada?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore


  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2020
    on2legs said:
    Is it true you can get maple syrup on a sandwich at Subway in Canada?
    I apologize @PJNB for the can of works I may have opened .  Well not really.  Remind @mcgruff10 when he joins us in Quebec  City next year that he might not be able to handle real beer.  

    @on2legs You can’t knock maple syrup until you try it on bacon. 
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    I'm sure it's been said in the thread, if it weren't for the ticket lottery the membership base would probably drop by about 60%.    
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    edited August 2020
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:
    Is it true you can get maple syrup on a sandwich at Subway in Canada?
    I apologize @PJNB for the can of works I may have opened .  Well not really.  Remind @mcgruff10 when he joins us in Quebec  City next year that he might not be able to handle real beer.  

    @on2legs You can’t knock maple syrup until you try it on bacon. 
    Molson dry is considered real beer?!?!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,044
    Maple syrup on smoked maple bacon. Now we are talking! 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,464
    The irony of ironies will be McGruff buying new Quebec tickets after all the time it took to get paid for the old.

    Also, I’ll offer $3 US for that Cheque.  Don’t sell short for $2!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2
     
    EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

    Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    PJNB said:
    Maple syrup on smoked maple bacon. Now we are talking! 
    Talk about a holy grail!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore


  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    The irony of ironies will be McGruff buying new Quebec tickets after all the time it took to get paid for the old.

    Also, I’ll offer $3 US for that Cheque.  Don’t sell short for $2!
    ha ha. This would be true!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:
    Is it true you can get maple syrup on a sandwich at Subway in Canada?
    I apologize @PJNB for the can of works I may have opened .  Well not really.  Remind @mcgruff10 when he joins us in Quebec  City next year that he might not be able to handle real beer.  

    @on2legs You can’t knock maple syrup until you try it on bacon. 
    Molson dry is considered real beer?!?!
    Not in these parts. That and Labatt’s Blue are Caribou Piss. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:
    Is it true you can get maple syrup on a sandwich at Subway in Canada?
    I apologize @PJNB for the can of works I may have opened .  Well not really.  Remind @mcgruff10 when he joins us in Quebec  City next year that he might not be able to handle real beer.  

    @on2legs You can’t knock maple syrup until you try it on bacon. 
    Molson dry is considered real beer?!?!
    Not in these parts. That and Labatt’s Blue are Caribou Piss. 
    So if I go to a Canadian bar and order a caribou piss I get a pint filled half way with molson dry and the other with labatt blue?  Kind of like a half and half.  (Guinness and bass ale)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    EdVedder_1EdVedder_1 Posts: 144

  • Options
    EdVedder_1EdVedder_1 Posts: 144

  • Options
    EdVedder_1EdVedder_1 Posts: 144
    And these guys put out an album like once every 10 years tour about the same time.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,637
    I just stare....stare into the abyss of nothingness.   I should have never gone down this rabbit hole of thinking how for 20 years I have spent $20-40 on this membership.  Now if you excuse me, I have a deep abyss of nothingness to get back to.  
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    as i mention before i dont care for  the benefits of be a ten club member,...
    i will be a member always even with no benefits at all.for 2 reasons.
    first i met via this club friends for life
    second i want to support pj team and 10c people cos without me post or tell in public ,somehow  they found out and they care about me and reach to me when i had an health issue and i was in hospital..
    i will never forget that.

    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    Every time I was in Quebec/MTL I enjoyed the giant beer towers at loblaws and their deli ain’t half bad either.  I never noticed caribou piss but maybe they kept that in the back.

    I’ve been in this club for ages and I only do it for the tickets. Oh, and because I love this band more than most of my relatives.


    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,560
    pjl44 said:
    Won't someone think of the teenagers
    Be snarky all ya want. I’m just saying the fanclub used to fun, and now it’s basically a ripoff. I can flush $40 down the toilet no problem. But someone younger, who isn’t wise to the fact that they’re not going to get what they paid for, are in for some disappointment. 
    What exactly are they being told they are getting, that they wont get and be disappointed?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
Sign In or Register to comment.