Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    pjpjpaul said:
    BF89905 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Looks great
    Thanks! I think the silver of the baltimore really pops in person. 
    Where do you get your black frames? Pjpjpaul
    Be well, everyone
    Michaels had a buy 1 get 2 free sale today so i took advantage of that. 
    I get all of my frames from Michaels.  They always have online coupons.  Great value 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    On sale today!

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,061
    D-Rod said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    BF89905 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Looks great
    Be well, everyone
    I get all of my frames from Michaels.  They always have online coupons.  Great value 
    What if you have a poster that’s 18.5x24.5? (Looking at you, Cleveland ‘03)
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    On sale today!

I can’t decide if I like this poster or not 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    BF89905 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Looks great
    Be well, everyone
    Michaels frames are a great value, absolutely. However, I hope anyone framing something of value (like a new Orioles variant) goes the extra step and swaps out the glass for UV glass to protect not only the value of the poster, but against the colors fading over time from sunlight. Glass is relatively cheap to order from places like Frame Destination or American Frame. 

A further step would be to buy spacers so the print isn't pressed up directly on the glass, where there's a chance it will stick to it if moisture finds its way inside over time, and when you take it out of the frame a bit of ink stays on the glass. 

But if these are just gonna be displayed for a few months or so and then swapped out, it's not a big deal. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    BF89905 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Looks great
    Be well, everyone
    Michaels frames are a great value, absolutely. However, I hope anyone framing something of value (like a new Orioles variant) goes the extra step and swaps out the glass for UV glass to protect not only the value of the poster, but against the colors fading over time from sunlight. Glass is relatively cheap to order from places like Frame Destination or American Frame. 

A further step would be to buy spacers so the print isn't pressed up directly on the glass, where there's a chance it will stick to it if moisture finds its way inside over time, and when you take it out of the frame a bit of ink stays on the glass. 

But if these are just gonna be displayed for a few months or so and then swapped out, it's not a big deal. 
    Great suggestion! Mine are all framed in my basement music area where they aren’t exposed to sunlight. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    KM73780 said:
    D-Rod said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    BF89905 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Looks great
    Be well, everyone
    You could buy a slightly larger off the shelf frame at Michaels and then ask them to custom cut just a matte to fit the print and the frame.  A little more money but still cheaper than having them do a custom frame from start to finish. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:
    D-Rod said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    BF89905 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Looks great
    Be well, everyone
    You could buy a slightly larger off the shelf frame at Michaels and then ask them to custom cut just a matte to fit the print and the frame.  A little more money but still cheaper than having them do a custom frame from start to finish. 
    Yeah I like that! Thank you 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:
    D-Rod said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    BF89905 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Looks great
    Be well, everyone
    Yup. I’ve done that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    D-Rod said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    BF89905 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Looks great
    Be well, everyone
    You might try Frameiteasy.com

You can order custom built frames close to the price of a Michael’s off the rack frame.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,265
    demetrios said:

No shipping outside US and Canada
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Great suggestions. Thank you 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

I missed out on the artist sales for the previous posters so I'm hoping to score this one today.  My first poster was also by Ward Sutton, 22 years ago.

• Options
    About 30 seconds....the variant going in cart first kinda sucked.
  • Options
    MH56465 said:
    I never had a chance :(
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,535
    edited September 2020
     Ooops...I forgot PJ fans will buy anything, ha ha!
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    MH56465 said:
    Sure did, I was putting in my CC info and then got the sold out. Sucks. Oh well, enjoy paying 5x more on ebay🙈
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,265
    I don’t even want most of these i just need the adrenaline of trying to get them lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    MH56465 said:
    Was it a variant? I think it was just a regular poster that he wrote "A/P" on.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,352
    D-Rod said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    BF89905 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Looks great
    Be well, everyone

To each their own; but, I've sold a number of sought after posters and no one's ever asked how the poster had been previously framed, or given a hoot about plexiglass or museum glass. All of the prospective traders and buyers I've communicated with seem to mainly care about the condition of the poster, and that it will be shipped in a PVC tube and packed safely. I use off the rack frames for all of mine, and posters have been in them for years. As you point out, these cheaper frames also make swapping them a lot easier.
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 324
    In cart then SPINNING for shipping calc then Sold Out :-/
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,352
    pjpjpaul said:
    jefft said:
    Pjpjpaul do you know which collection this is i really like them.  Thanks
    Studio Decor Belmont Collection 
    Thank you, Pjpjpaul
  • Options
    never had a chance. I was all prepared. Added to cart immediately.sold out in less than 30 seconds. bummer. Will this be sold in the shop now?
  • Options
    Kutty723 said:
    never had a chance. I was all prepared. Added to cart immediately.sold out in less than 30 seconds. bummer. Will this be sold in the shop now?
    Yes, sooner or later, and you'll save $65.!
  • Options
    shecky said:
    MH56465 said:
    Was it a variant? I think it was just a regular poster that he wrote "A/P" on.
    Not entirely sure (there's a screenshot a few pages back where the image on the phone is different) but the sizing on my browser window was such that I didn't see the price difference, was just clicking as fast as I could as soon as the image came up. Didn't notice until the payment screen where it showed sold out that I'd almost spend $300...
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,084
    Once SD is added to the 10c shop, it'll be there for awhile. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    At least I got the Rush - Fly By Night poster that went on sale on Ames at the same time.  RIP Neil Peart.  Today would have been his 68th birthday 
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,487
    edited September 2020
    +1 on the $100 Sutton. Looks like both versions were signed and numbered. Guess the $300 one was just an edition of two artist proofs. 
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 388
    seems ridiculous that the edition of 2 is $200 more with the only difference being the number written on them.  He has a pile of 102, signs 2 of them x of 2 and they're worth $200 more?