Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,185
    100 Pacer said:
    I think the real issue is the reduction in the number of overseas flights which reduces mail transit times. Otherwise I would say he’s overreacting. Certainly there have been delays but I think he’s just trying to avoid a mass influx of emails asking where’s my poster once delays start occurring. I shipped a poster to Australia and aside from sitting at the airport waiting for the flight/s the delay was only a couple of days. 
    All true and fine but still, nothing that will be resolved by waiting a week or two. He’s just delaying the same amount of emails asking where the poster is once he ships them. 
    Exactly. All the delays are on the US side. I’ve posted 10 posters to the US since Easter. They always leave the UK and arrive in the US within 2 days. They then just sit in the US customs and USPS sorting centres for a random amount of time (varying from 3-4 days to 2 months)
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    Did I already miss the 10c poster drop? Looking for NYC.

Edit: Actually didn’t expect to see it readily available on the site right now! Adding to cart. :triumph:
    I went through this exact sequence a week ago. 
  • Options
    Fixer13 said:
    Just received Dave Quiggle’s QC A/P poster.  She’s a beauty.  Pic’s don’t do it justice!  B)
    Cannot wait!
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,981
    Fixer13 said:
    Just received Dave Quiggle’s QC A/P poster.  She’s a beauty.  Pic’s don’t do it justice!  B)
    Cannot wait!

Me too. :)

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,548
    100 Pacer said:
    I think the real issue is the reduction in the number of overseas flights which reduces mail transit times. Otherwise I would say he’s overreacting. Certainly there have been delays but I think he’s just trying to avoid a mass influx of emails asking where’s my poster once delays start occurring. I shipped a poster to Australia and aside from sitting at the airport waiting for the flight/s the delay was only a couple of days. 
    All true and fine but still, nothing that will be resolved by waiting a week or two. He’s just delaying the same amount of emails asking where the poster is once he ships them. 
    Domaradzki used UPS for his Gigaton posters to avoid the USPS problems. Sounds like DM is looking into the same, which would potentially avoid the delays.  
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    tdawe said:

Edit: Actually didn’t expect to see it readily available on the site right now! Adding to cart. :triumph:
    It’s nice to have something surrounding this tour be easy for once right? :lol:
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,565

Only one you missed was the Williams Apollo/MSG poster
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 894
    igotid88 said:

STL
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    igotid88 said:

STL
    She was talking about the NY posters
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    jcJamjcJam Bogota, Colombia Posts: 104
    New message yesterday from Ward Sutton: 
      "no news on the poster release date yet, but should come in the next week or so"
    2005: Buenos Aires 2 • 2011: Lima • 2012: Atlanta • 2013: LA x2 • 2014: Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School x2 • 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival), Buenos Aires, Porto Alegre, Sau Paulo, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Rio, Bogota, Mexico • 2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly x2 • NYC 2 • Fenway x2 • Wrigley x2 • 2018: Rio, Sau Paulo, Seattle x2, Missoula • 2021: Ohana x3 • 2022: San Diego, LA x2, Phoenix, Oakland x2, Fresno, Sacramento, Vegas, Vienna, PragueAmsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2 • 2023: Indi, Fort Worth x2, Austin x2
  • Options
    Bmoya said:
    demetrios said:
    OKC AP has been shipped!  :)
    Did you get a shipping email? I haven't received anything yet

I haven't received an email, but I use USPS Informed Delivery.  I have a shipping label printed out from Baldwin Park, CA, which seems to be them from Googling.  I don't remember ordering anything else from CA.   
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 894
    igotid88 said:
    RK50065 said:
    igotid88 said:

STL
    She was talking about the NY posters
    Right on. Thought it was for any of them, my bad!
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    edited August 2020
    tdawe said:

Remember back before the fan-to-fan launched when people thought that was basically what it would be like to buy Baltimore tickets on the exchange?
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    Did anybody see if they ever released the numbers of how many SE posters were printed? Specifically the Ian Williams Apollo/MSG... trying to go back through this thread to see if I missed them.
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 327
    Got this in the mail today - great art on this one!

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    KM73780 said:
    I have the Itoya 24x36 and just double-up when possible 
    I don't understand why some artists sign like that.
    Artists have been signing and numbering prints in the edge without effecting the image for hundreds of years.
    Plus, pencil is the industry standard for a reason, although I'll admit I don't know exactly why.
    Pencil lead is naturally archival whereas normal ink pens, markers, & Sharpies can bleed or fade over time, thus damaging the original print.
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 327
    This would make a nice shirt design
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,807
    E-G-A-G said:
    Did anybody see if they ever released the numbers of how many SE posters were printed? Specifically the Ian Williams Apollo/MSG... trying to go back through this thread to see if I missed them.
    Nothing, but it seems safe to assume the Apollo prints were a lower run that typical stops given the venue size difference.
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 390
    tschav said:
    E-G-A-G said:
    Nothing, but it seems safe to assume the Apollo prints were a lower run that typical stops given the venue size difference.
    The Williams poster was marked for both Apollo and MSG.  Presumably that means it was going to be sold at both shows so maybe there weren't less?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,224
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Remember back before the fan-to-fan launched when people thought that was basically what it would be like to buy Baltimore tickets on the exchange?
    :rofl: I laugh to keep from crying.

• Options
    KUHL2009KUHL2009 Posts: 28
    Dave Quiggle ships awesome. My print arrived in a 5" tube. Easy to unroll and flatten.  
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,981
    MKSNYC said:

• Options
    vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    edited August 2020
    Have they all been released already or any still to come?
    Post edited by vzouzal on
  • Options
    Oakland 1 and San Diego to come.

No posters were printed for LA1/2 or Oakland 2.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    KS80184 said:
    tschav said:
    E-G-A-G said:
    The Williams poster was marked for both Apollo and MSG.  Presumably that means it was going to be sold at both shows so maybe there weren't less?
    I still think it would have been pop-up store exclusive. It would NOT have been sold at the Apollo since there are not merch booths at SiriusXM shows and they give out their own mini posters with their branding on them. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    MKSNYC said:

I got this today too. Beautiful in person. The best posters make your home look better. This does. 
  • Options
    Had everything gone as planned. Some people here would not have gotten any of these posters
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    KS80184 said:
    tschav said:
    E-G-A-G said:
    I assumed it was a smaller number based on the fact that it is no longer available and pretty much everything else is. I was just trying to put an actual number to it out of curiousity. No worries. Appreciate the responses, regardless.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    igotid88 said:
    Had everything gone as planned. Some people here would not have gotten any of these posters
    Would gladly give up all the posters for the shows in a heartbeat
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,548
    igotid88 said:
    True. If there had been actual shows, they'd be a lot more desirable.