Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    KR197919KR197919 Posts: 11
    Can someone please explain the difference of the 10 club posters and tour edition posters? I understand the AP is worth more?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,601
    edited August 2020
    KR197919 said:
    Can someone please explain the difference of the 10 club posters and tour edition posters? I understand the AP is worth more?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!
    They are the same exact posters.  No difference.  One set of the posters are the ones that would have gone to the venues to be sold at the concert.  The other ones are the allotment that the ten club usually sells well after the tour is over.  The ten club store just made two different SKUs to keep track.  Likely because different people get a cut of the proceeds depending on where they were supposed to be sold. 

The AP is signed and numbered and sold from the artists website. The sale of these prints is how the artist gets paid. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,981

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    Ya he wins. Poster of the tour. Amazing. Subtle. Hangable. Love it. If I had tix to this I’d maybe even hang it. 
  • Options

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,068
    on2legs said:
    Munk doesn’t sign in pencil.  
    he did a weird green highlighter on my AP 2017 Dublin 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    hihobibo said:
    on2legs said:
    I like that. Fits the irish theme lol
  • Options
    OKC AP has been shipped!  :)
  • Options
    Look forward to seeing some more AP photos soon then!
  • Options
    From Dan Mumford.

Hello!

Firstly, thanky for ordering one of the postponed Pearl Jam prints! 

This is just an email to let you know that we have not shipped these prints yet. The reason being that we are monitoring the USPS situation in America closely right now, and as I am sure many of you are aware, deliveries are taking longer than usual due to certain factors, as well as the current Pandemic.

We are currently trying to work out if we can use an alternative shipping method at the same price, if not we may have to just wait another 1-2 weeks to hopefully let things settle with the postal service. We are still seeing orders delivered, the timeframe just seems to be fairly erratic right now.

We will have more info next week! Until then, thankyou again for your order and patience with this.

Dan & The Mail order team

Dan Mumford

• Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    I mean, I don’t see what waiting 1-2 weeks is gonna do. It’s really touch and go and TBH I haven’t personally had many delays. I’ve had packages arrive a few days late, and some arrive a day early. Whatever issues there are perceived to be won’t be resolved in a week or two. But ok. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,601
    I have a poster I bought in a private sale that was mailed on Aug 4 and it’s still not here yet.  It’s only moved like 2 states in all that time.  It was shipped priority mail too.  

I’ve also bought other stuff that has moved at a regular pace.  It been kind of hit or miss.  It’s a shame... the post office used to be so reliable. 

That being said... I don’t see the point in waiting.  Nothing is going to change in a matter of weeks. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,185
    demetrios said:
    From Dan Mumford.

Hello!

This is just an email to let you know that we have not shipped these prints yet. The reason being that we are monitoring the USPS situation in America closely right now, and as I am sure many of you are aware, deliveries are taking longer than usual due to certain factors, as well as the current Pandemic.

We are currently trying to work out if we can use an alternative shipping method at the same price, if not we may have to just wait another 1-2 weeks to hopefully let things settle with the postal service. We are still seeing orders delivered, the timeframe just seems to be fairly erratic right now.

We will have more info next week! Until then, thankyou again for your order and patience with this.

Dan Mumford

I had this email as well. It’s a bit odd. I live in the UK and all the delays are on the US side where it’s completely pot luck on how long it takes. He should just post them to you guys with insurance and hopefully he only sold 95 of the 100 to allow for some damaged/ missing prints.
  • Options
    mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 212
    drfox said:
    demetrios said:
    From Dan Mumford.

Hello!

Dan Mumford

I had this email as well. It’s a bit odd. I live in the UK and all the delays are on the US side where it’s completely pot luck on how long it takes. He should just post them to you guys with insurance and hopefully he only sold 95 of the 100 to allow for some damaged/ missing prints.
    Seems like a lot of BS to me. Ship it. Provide tracking, and the location of the package can be tracked. It will get to us.  Ironic that he’s delaying shipping them out, because he’s concerned about mail delays. Seems counter productive. I have a 10c order coming today, which I ordered last week). Thanks Santos, that was fast!
  • Options
    drfox said:
    demetrios said:
    From Dan Mumford.

Hello!

Dan Mumford

Seems like a lot of BS to me. Ship it. Provide tracking, and the location of the package can be tracked. It will get to us.  Ironic that he’s delaying shipping them out, because he’s concerned about mail delays. Seems counter productive. I have a 10c order coming today, which I ordered last week). Thanks Santos, that was fast!
    That's a great/ironic point. Now instead of a handful of people experience a prolonged delay, everyone will AND some will still experience the delay he's trying to avoid. Nothing is gained from this and it seems very uninformed. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,807
    Seeing I’ve had 3 posters all deal with 1-2 month delays (for USPS Priority Mail) and missing tracking into, despite being in a major city, I understand the potential headache he’d be facing. Would’ve been better to offer purchasers alternate shipping options instead of holding them all back.

At least there’s a little transparency to the process, but it’s a bit optimistic to think anything will be resolved for USPS package delivery delays.
  • Options
    cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    Case in point. I ordered a poster from Gabz and it entered US Customs in LA on June 23. It left customs on August 15. 
    You might get the Mumford poster by the end of the year, but I wouldn't plan on giving it as a Christmas present to anybody!
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,185
    drfox said:
    demetrios said:
    From Dan Mumford.

Hello!

Dan Mumford

Agree. I’ve bought and sold/traded around 40 posters this year, which have travelled between the UK and US and vice versa. Some have taken a week, others two months. It’s completely random. Just a waiting game.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,681
    edited August 2020
    I think the real issue is the reduction in the number of overseas flights which reduces mail transit times. Otherwise I would say he’s overreacting. Certainly there have been delays but I think he’s just trying to avoid a mass influx of emails asking where’s my poster once delays start occurring. I shipped a poster to Australia and aside from sitting at the airport waiting for the flight/s the delay was only a couple of days. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    As someone who ships via USPS for work a lot, I can tell you it is completely screwed up right now.  Also I ordered a poster from an artist in NYC scheduled to arrive late July and it is still no where to be seen. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    BmoyaBmoya Posts: 100
    demetrios said:
    Did you get a shipping email? I haven't received anything yet
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Just received Dave Quiggle’s QC A/P poster.  She’s a beauty.  Pic’s don’t do it justice!  B)
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    KsayetKsayet Posts: 69
    Fixer13 said:
    Just received Dave Quiggle’s QC A/P poster.  She’s a beauty.  Pic’s don’t do it justice!  B)
    I agree! 
    2018 - Rome
    2021 - Asbury, Ohana 1
    2022 - SD, LA1, LA2, Zurich, MSG, NJ, TN, KY, STL
    2023 - SP1,SP2,CHI1,CH2,FTW1,FTW2,AUS1,AUS2
    2024 - VAN1
  • Options
    Fixer13 said:

Please can you post a couple of pics anyway?
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Fixer13 said:

Please can you post a couple of pics anyway?
    Will try to take some pics to share later today.  There is a strong ink smell with this one!  🎸
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    Bmoya said:
    demetrios said:
    Did you get a shipping email? I haven't received anything yet
    I did early this morning. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,548
    hihobibo said:
    on2legs said:

Pink sharpie on this Metallica San Antonio 
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    I think the real issue is the reduction in the number of overseas flights which reduces mail transit times. Otherwise I would say he’s overreacting. Certainly there have been delays but I think he’s just trying to avoid a mass influx of emails asking where’s my poster once delays start occurring. I shipped a poster to Australia and aside from sitting at the airport waiting for the flight/s the delay was only a couple of days. 
    All true and fine but still, nothing that will be resolved by waiting a week or two. He’s just delaying the same amount of emails asking where the poster is once he ships them. 
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Well shit, I even paid the extra few bucks for 5 day shipping  oops
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    edited August 2020
    Did I already miss the 10c poster drop? Looking for NYC.

Edit: Actually didn’t expect to see it readily available on the site right now! Adding to cart. :triumph:
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22