• Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 390
    Evel K said:
                   Today could be the day! Baltimore drop!

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,067
    drfox said:
    JBob87 said:
    I’ll be honest I’m a bit surprised with how many are still up in the store.
    It’s not really surprising given they are selling all the posters that would normally be sold at the shows themselves. You probably find that most people at shows aren’t “collectors” and just buy a poster or two for the shows they’ve been to. As these shows didn’t happen, there’s probably only the collectors who are after these 2020posters. Eg here in the UK, as a collector, I buy all the posters I like irrespective of the show/location but most of my PJ friends only have a handful from the shows they’ve been to.
    Also consider that the typical "camping" flipper isn't on here with numerous memberships ordering 2+ posters a piece like they would at a merch bus.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,058
    I actually think its more surprising that some of these are selling out in 12hrs. We don't have the exact numbers but it has to be a combined 3000+ doesn't it? For a show that did not happen and no stand out grails that is amazing. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I actually think its more surprising that some of these are selling out in 12hrs. We don't have the exact numbers but it has to be a combined 3000+ doesn't it? For a show that did not happen and no stand out grails that is amazing. 
    Agree :pensive:

26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,803
    edited August 2020
    JBob87 said:
    Me too.  I think they're all pretty cool, bet they're even better in person.  My guess is it has to do with these being for shows that never happened.
    I think part of it is also the fact you can't just buy without logging in, creating a little bit of a barrier to purchase (let alone in large quantities like the typical crew of flippers lined up at the merch tents). That and no real "on sale" communication has gone out for people not visiting the forums/artist social feeds to point people to the store. I'm sure there's still plenty of inventory going into mystery boxes in the future.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,181
    PJNB said:
    Agree. Still slightly surprised by the St Louis selling out that quickly. Looking on google, the capacity of the Enterprise Arena is fairly high and similar to MSG!
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 390
    Maybe STL sold fast because it was the first one.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    I think because it was first and has end of the world art. Long term, when this mess is over (I hope soon) these will speak to the times.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,181
    KS80184 said:
    Maybe STL sold fast because it was the first one.
    Also one of the top 5-6 of the posters
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,576

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    demetrios said:

Looks like two possible grails!
    Things were different then
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    PJNB said:
    I still think that the Williams prints were a lower quantity, perhaps they didn't do a full run... Same artist, both sold out quick (MSG-AP, STL) I get the NYC one being lower as it was a second and special to both shows, the stl should not have sold out faster the TOR or Mumford. 

Just a thought.... I think once these wash through they will not be overly collectible. I could be wrong a few may end up being coveted in years from now. 

C
  • Options
    NO203984NO203984 Posts: 25
    Yeah the 'Oriole Variant' is pretty sweet
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,058
    PJNB said:
    I still think that the Williams prints were a lower quantity, perhaps they didn't do a full run... Same artist, both sold out quick (MSG-AP, STL) I get the NYC one being lower as it was a second and special to both shows, the stl should not have sold out faster the TOR or Mumford. 

Just a thought.... I think once these wash through they will not be overly collectible. I could be wrong a few may end up being coveted in years from now. 

C
    Ya you maybe right and we will never know I guess unless they care to share the info. It would make sense too to run that first have it sell out and create some hype around the posters as a do not miss item. Reminds me of the Seattle Shuss and the lower run compared to the others too. 
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited August 2020
    Could someone please share details on the Quebec City Artist Proof sale? Has that happened already? 

EDIT: NM found it on Dave Quiggle's IG 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 444
    edited August 2020
    Good points everyone. Interesting food for thought.

On “future collectability” that is also interesting to think about. I could see a scenario where there is less demand overall since the show didn’t happen but I also could see a scenario where these end up coveted down the road because the art themes work so well with the shit show that is 2020.
    Post edited by JBob87 on
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520

Things were different then
  • Options
    KsayetKsayet Posts: 69
    Evel K said:
    demetrios said:

What do you mean by that? I'm sorry I'm new to the lingo.
    2018 - Rome
    2021 - Asbury, Ohana 1
    2022 - SD, LA1, LA2, Zurich, MSG, NJ, TN, KY, STL
    2023 - SP1,SP2,CHI1,CH2,FTW1,FTW2,AUS1,AUS2
    2024 - VAN1
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Ksayet said:
    Evel K said:
    demetrios said:

Essentially a holy grail is a sought after poster; number one usually.   He's saying that there are 2 that are going to be super sought after.  Look up Munk One Pittsburgh 2013 for reference. 
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,214
    Ksayet said:
    Evel K said:
    demetrios said:

Like a holy grail - hard to obtain, hard to find, limited copies - the ultimate score. I think he was referring to the two variants of the Baltimore poster - the Oriole one and the glow in the dark. Those will be much more limited than the yellow one.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,576
    The Oriole is printed on silver metallic paper... I'm excited to see that looks like.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    edited August 2020
    drfox said:
    JBob87 said:
    It’s not really surprising given they are selling all the posters that would normally be sold at the shows themselves. You probably find that most people at shows aren’t “collectors” and just buy a poster or two for the shows they’ve been to. As these shows didn’t happen, there’s probably only the collectors who are after these 2020posters. Eg here in the UK, as a collector, I buy all the posters I like irrespective of the show/location but most of my PJ friends only have a handful from the shows they’ve been to.

How many local people get in lines at the shows too? They'll get to the front of the line and it's "give me that whole box and I don't care what's in it."

They're not going to join 10C for an online sale.

I see others have said this as well.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,111
    hihobibo said:
    drfox said:
    JBob87 said:
    Also consider that the typical "camping" flipper isn't on here with numerous memberships ordering 2+ posters a piece like they would at a merch bus.
    i bought ottawa while sitting in a truck stop bathroom during a camping trip. 

and i ain't flippin it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dopazzdopazz Posts: 66
    Evel K said:
    demetrios said:

When did Ames Bros sell the variants?  They're all gone now.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,214
    dopazz said:
    Evel K said:
    demetrios said:

Last Monday at the same time they sold the other one. They all went within a minute.

• Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    dopazz said:
    Evel K said:
    demetrios said:

They were gone within 10 seconds of going on sale last Monday with the standard AP.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    I was on vacation with very limited connectivity last week but still managed to get an Oriole variant in my cart - couldn’t get the Shopify text code due to no cell service and I biffed my CC info the first try, so it slipped through my fingers. Seeing as how I was on vacation I made a conscious decision not to let it bum me out, but now I’m starting to get sucked back in...
  • Options
    NO203984NO203984 Posts: 25
    all the A/Ps are gone within a minute
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Ksayet said:
    Evel K said:
    demetrios said:

means they are going to obsess over and spend way too much money on some ugly posters.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.