Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656
    JB274988 said:
    Silver lining to all of this, not having to live in fear of losing/destroying your poster during the event.  Actually, this is much better, do we really need the concerts anyway, they get in the way of getting the poster from the printer to my wall.
    GGGGRRRRRRR.
    sorry Jeff too soon for jokes like this.....too soon
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    epbadger said:
    JB274988 said:
    Silver lining to all of this, not having to live in fear of losing/destroying your poster during the event.  Actually, this is much better, do we really need the concerts anyway, they get in the way of getting the poster from the printer to my wall.
    GGGGRRRRRRR.
    You're right.  Man do I ever want to see a show again.
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656
    JB274988 said:
    epbadger said:
    JB274988 said:
    GGGGRRRRRRR.
    You're right.  Man do I ever want to see a show again.
    I swear I'm still going through withdrawals
  • Options
    deweildeweil Posts: 245
    It's funny how in past tours, just getting a poster at the show was a victory. Now all but two are still on the site and ppl are fighting bots for 100 APs. I'm just happy to have some cool prints. I only get APs if they're affordable/I wasn't at the show/didn't have a PB/big ISO that shows up years after the event. I personally don't like paying for autographs/signatures. It ruins the fun for me. 
  • Options
    Alright now lets see some postponed concert T shirts next lol 
    Miwaukee Summerfest 7-9-95
    Minneapolis Target Center 6-30-98
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 6-26-2006
    Chicago United Center 8-23-09
    Chicago United Center 8-24-09
    Kansas City Sprint Center 5-3-2010
    EV Solo St Louis 7-1-2011
    Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-2013
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 10-19-2014
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-18-2018
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-20-2018
    Nashville TN 9-16-2022 Bridgestone Arena 
    St Louis MO 9-18-2022 Enterprise Center

He who forgets will be destined to remember

http://twitter.com/eddiefnvedder
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,314
    I'm still shocked the ones that sold out did and what is left has not sold out.  I had Ottawa first, then Phoenix, Nashville, MSG, Baltimore, then St. Louis 6th at best.  That Beacon/MSG, was hideous IMO.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,261
    ^^^pj at the Apollo could have been a little classier.  Not a pretty poster but 'as the world burns' should be kinda nasty imo. May hang it on Halloween.

Rare collector piece I'm happy to have. How often are we going to see pearl jam and Apollo on a poster. Hopefully once more someday.
    Def wierd that some of those posters are not gone. Mumford at least. Maybe instead if 3000ish they did 5000. Only Santos knows!
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^pj at the Apollo could have been a little classier.  Not a pretty poster but 'as the world burns' should be kinda nasty imo. May hang it on Halloween.

Rare collector piece I'm happy to have. How often are we going to see pearl jam and Apollo on a poster. Hopefully once more someday.
    Def wierd that some of those posters are not gone. Mumford at least. Maybe instead if 3000ish they did 5000. Only Santos knows!
    Could be another reason... Both that sold out were Ian Williams .. from what I saw his AP sales were low quantities.(85 I think)  could be small print run of these. I wouldn't put St Louis or Apollo posters on the top of the list .. only thing it really could be was available amount put up for sale. All I heard was get the Mumford MSG,,, I opted for the Apollo as it stood out like coveted posters of the past.. Glad I did
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584
    Well... to be fair to Mumford.  His poster went on sale after the Williams so a lot of people probably were good with having just one poster for MSG.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,461
    edited August 2020
    The Ten-era font that Mumford uses is pretty cool. It seems like such an obvious thing but you never see it.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Options
    deweildeweil Posts: 245
    the apollo isn't as good as the GnR one. but then again, it was meant to be free, so it's hard to judge it. I didn't think it was worth the money, and I already have plenty of PJ no-show posters (Raleigh, Buenos Aires, and now 5 of these 2020s). 
    I should stop being surprised that Ames can throw anything on paper and people will like it. 
    Their mystery tubes are a joke and yet they sell out instantly. 
    I think it's interesting that it looks retro and has the song titles on them, but it's not even in the same league of creativity or execution as Mumford, Munk One, or Byous. (IMO of course). 
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    edited August 2020
    Based on demand and personal preference here's my take. Baltimore GITD Baltimore Orioles variant NYC Williams Blue variant Baltimore AP (Oklahoma City AP) NYC Williams SE St. Louis AP NYC Mumford AP Toronto AP Phoenix AP Hamilton AP Ottawa AP (Quebec City AP) Nashville AP (San Diego AP) Denver AP Oakland AP My favorite is the NYC Blue variant but Ames wins this round with a great design, clever marketing technique (Ultra-Limited) and mass appeal. 
    Post edited by Evel K on
    Things were different then
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,531
    Evel K said:
    Based on demand and personal preference here's my take. Baltimore GITD Baltimore Orioles variant NYC Williams Blue variant Baltimore AP (Oklahoma City AP) NYC Williams SE St. Louis AP NYC Mumford AP Toronto AP Phoenix AP Hamilton AP Ottawa AP (Quebec City AP) Nashville AP (San Diego AP) Denver AP.  My favorite is the NYC Blue variant but Ames wins this round with a great design, clever marketing technique (Ultra-Limited) and mass appeal. 
    Oakland? Would love to know how limited the GITD is. Have seen none on ebay and no one here or in any of the FB groups who scored 
  • Options
    SHZA said:

Oakland? Would love to know how limited the GITD is. Have seen none on ebay and no one here or in any of the FB groups who scored 
    My bad SHZA. Way too busy for me.
  • Options
    The GITD will end up trade bait for Benny, Reeenk roink, or the elusive Wrigley zippo.
  • Options
    Evel K said:
    The GITD will end up trade bait for Benny, Reeenk roink, or the elusive Wrigley zippo.
    Wow. Seems crazy, but seeing as I have 2 Bennys and 0 gitd Ames I might have to make that trade 
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,357
    The Baltimore print apparently is modelled after a historical poster style for the city. I see a word art style print similar to what is readily available on Etsy. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Looks like Mumford made it through its second night and Toronto made it through its first night. Very surprised they are still up. Wonder if they'll sell out before weekend is over?  Great artwork!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    deweil said:
    the apollo isn't as good as the GnR one. but then again, it was meant to be free, so it's hard to judge it. I didn't think it was worth the money, and I already have plenty of PJ no-show posters (Raleigh, Buenos Aires, and now 5 of these 2020s). 
    I should stop being surprised that Ames can throw anything on paper and people will like it. 
    I think it's interesting that it looks retro and has the song titles on them, but it's not even in the same league of creativity or execution as Mumford, Munk One, or Byous. (IMO of course). 
    The Apollo poster was not meant to be free. SiriusXM gives out their own free lithograph posters at the show. The Ian Williams print was not that. I assume that was meant to be sold at the pop-up store that never happened. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited August 2020
    deweil said:
    The Apollo poster was not meant to be free. SiriusXM gives out their own free lithograph posters at the show. The Ian Williams print was not that. I assume that was meant to be sold at the pop-up store that never happened. 
    I agree.  Also, it wouldn't have the MSG date on it if it wasn't going to be sold at the pop up shop, possibly at MSG too.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    edited August 2020
    Baltimore is my favorite....i guess.  I like historical posters. It’s a cool throwback.  

Ottawa is nice.  Might get Baltimore and Nashville.  I wonder if Nashville was going to also have a Hatch print??  

Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    RE658041RE658041 Sweden Posts: 406
    Oklahoma. Wednesday.
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 327
    I did grab a Mumford but wonder if it will look too repetitive if I hang it near his Boston 2018 already on the wall.
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    on2legs said:
    Well... to be fair to Mumford.  His poster went on sale after the Williams so a lot of people probably were good with having just one poster for MSG.  
    I disagree. Mumford MSG will be a Must Buy for most; regardless if they purchased the other poster.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,261
    MKSNYC said:
    I did grab a Mumford but wonder if it will look too repetitive if I hang it near his Boston 2018 already on the wall.
    I think they will compliment each other. May be a little much as a permanent display. But just rotate them and enjoy. It's only rock and roll...
  • Options
    Drdeal said:
    on2legs said:
    I disagree. Mumford MSG will be a Must Buy for most; regardless if they purchased the other poster.

Could be... but makes you wonder why Williams sold out fairly quick and the Mumford is still there.  I definitely think being the second poster on sale is a disadvantage. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Drdeal said:
    on2legs said:

Could be... but makes you wonder why Williams sold out fairly quick and the Mumford is still there.  I definitely think being the second poster on sale is a disadvantage. 
    Probably a smaller run for Williams if it was a pop-up shop or Apollo exclusive. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    Drdeal said:
    on2legs said:

Probably a smaller run for Williams if it was a pop-up shop or Apollo exclusive. 
    An Apollo exclusive that has the MSG date on it?

• Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 327
    Loujoe said:
    MKSNYC said:
    I think they will compliment each other. May be a little much as a permanent display. But just rotate them and enjoy. It's only rock and roll...
    Good advice :-)
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    Drdeal said:
    on2legs said:

An Apollo exclusive that has the MSG date on it?
    Yep. Or pop up shop.