Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

1192021222325»

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 20,811

Longest run, great job!

GlowGirl said:
    I am visiting my parents for a few days (for the first time in almost a year I might add - with a negative COVID test right before I got here). Anyway, just went for a run in their suburban neighborhood. The pros compared to running in NYC are the wide streets, very few cars passing by, and not having to stop for lights or dodge people on the sidewalks. But holy shit - the hills here are insane. Running along the East River in NYC is relatively flat with a few small inclines here and there. But here it is all hills. I am not used to that. To compare - according to my app the elevation for my normal route in NYC is about 40 ft. My route today was 345 ft. It is probably good for me to practice running hills occasionally, but I am not used to that. I did find one side street that was relatively flat except for one massive hill at the end. I am going to do one more run here on Tuesday and may stick with running up and down that street over and over. I threw my form out of the window today in terms of looking straight ahead. I looked down quite a bit as to not see the hills in front of me. I may have given up had I been looking straight up. But did my 5 miles so I am happy.
    Nice!  When I go to CA I stay in Dana Point and there is a massive hill that I love to run up.  Hell of an effort.  Wish I had something like that here to mix in occasionally.
    Glad you get to see your folks.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 1,708

Longest run, great job!

GlowGirl said:
    I am visiting my parents for a few days (for the first time in almost a year I might add - with a negative COVID test right before I got here). Anyway, just went for a run in their suburban neighborhood. The pros compared to running in NYC are the wide streets, very few cars passing by, and not having to stop for lights or dodge people on the sidewalks. But holy shit - the hills here are insane. Running along the East River in NYC is relatively flat with a few small inclines here and there. But here it is all hills. I am not used to that. To compare - according to my app the elevation for my normal route in NYC is about 40 ft. My route today was 345 ft. It is probably good for me to practice running hills occasionally, but I am not used to that. I did find one side street that was relatively flat except for one massive hill at the end. I am going to do one more run here on Tuesday and may stick with running up and down that street over and over. I threw my form out of the window today in terms of looking straight ahead. I looked down quite a bit as to not see the hills in front of me. I may have given up had I been looking straight up. But did my 5 miles so I am happy.
    Nice!  When I go to CA I stay in Dana Point and there is a massive hill that I love to run up.  Hell of an effort.  Wish I had something like that here to mix in occasionally.
    Glad you get to see your folks.
    It is nice to be here. I usually visit at least 4 times a year, but haven't been here since last Thanksgiving. Had to make sure I did a COVID test before I came, and then was really careful at home for a few days until I got here. I haven't been able to hug my parents, but my dad and I watched movies together last night on opposite sides of the room - so that was nice.

It is an effort to tackle those massive hills. The first one I encountered was somewhat fun since it was different, but by the time I got to the third massive hill, I was over it. Hill might even be the wrong word since it didn't go back down the other side - it just flattened out for a while and then went up again. Of course when I turned around at the end of the street, I got the downhill parts, but I was already huffing and puffing too much to enjoy it. 

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 1,708

Nice job. I am happy to see you are still at it. Keep it up.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 21,698
    (I walked too)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"