Options

Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    UtahBolt said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:
    If international travel doesn’t open up by September there’s going to be so many more tickets available.
    I actually see it as the opposite where some sold tickets already from countries that will most definitely be open by the fall and will likely be looking for them again. 

If borders are not opened for the EU,UK, and CAN I will be shocked especially for those that are vaccinated but you are right there will be a huge ticket dump if so. 
    Roger Daltrey just cancelled his US summer/fall tour.  His show here in Utah was scheduled for Sep. 8th, and the venue just sent out the following statement:   

"Dear Roger Daltrey concert ticketholders,

Yesterday we received the news that Roger Daltrey has cancelled his U.S. tour. His official statement follows:

"When I booked these shows several months ago I was confident that things would be back to normal by August, but due to the uncertainty of the current travel situation and the challenges for a UK act to be able to perform in the USA I have reluctantly decided to cancel the shows. I hope to re-book them in the near future, and to those of you who have bought tickets, please accept my sincere apologies.

I do appreciate your support and can't wait to get back to work once the time is right."

~ Roger Daltrey"

That tour starts a month and a half before Ohana.

The craziest part of that is he cancelled the tour 5 weeks after announcing it. That Delta Variant case spike in the UK really has set them back with uncertainty with reopening. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,193
    Meanwhile a pretty full house at Wembley today.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 595
    Meanwhile a pretty full house at Wembley today.  
    I noticed that. It’s going to break my heart to sell my ohana tickets. I’m starting to really doubt travel will be open by September.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Life in England returning to normal on 19th July. The end to all restrictions. Hopefully travel to the US follows within the next month. Need this festival in my life this September!
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Life in England returning to normal on 19th July. The end to all restrictions. Hopefully travel to the US follows within the next month. Need this festival in my life this September!
    Hope you can make it! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:
    Hope you can make it! 
    Thanks dude!
  • Options
    2 Three day GA up for face plus fees! 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Right now a 3 day GA is cheaper than just Sunday on the Exchange. I was hoping prices would drop on these but they are hanging in there at that $800 price range aside from a couple of random drops. 

The fees are really annoying with this service. I may have a couple of tickets to sell but I bought them for $675 fees in per ticket for 3 day GA on the Exchange. Now if I want to sell I have to list it way above the price I bought it for just to get my money back. On top of that the buyer then gets dinged with a huge fee on their end. TM is making a killing with this exchange set up. 
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 727
    Only 77 days left 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    Triberjay25Triberjay25 Detroit Posts: 115
    I’ll preface this by saying I am fully vaccinated and also believe it’s everyone’s own choice as to if they get it or not.  With that, thoughts on if there any possibility of the festival requiring vaccination to enter?  Or will they just require a test 72 hours prior?  I just don’t know how they will check everything without a system in place.  I just traveled to Hawaii prior to the safe travels system being lifted for those vaccinated.  And although a pain in the ass in some aspects, the ID now tests done at Walgreens were pretty simple and results were available within an hour.
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,140
    I’ll preface this by saying I am fully vaccinated and also believe it’s everyone’s own choice as to if they get it or not.  With that, thoughts on if there any possibility of the festival requiring vaccination to enter?  Or will they just require a test 72 hours prior?  I just don’t know how they will check everything without a system in place.  I just traveled to Hawaii prior to the safe travels system being lifted for those vaccinated.  And although a pain in the ass in some aspects, the ID now tests done at Walgreens were pretty simple and results were available within an hour.
    I was in Oahu in May, had the greatest time. Had both doses of Pfizer prior, took the nose swab test prior to my flight. Restaurants on Waikiki had lists for contact tracing, the whole QR code with your test/vaccine history yada yada... felt very safe

Spent a few days in LA on my way back to NY, decided to go to Clippers & Mavs @ Staples center to 1/2 the arena, the staff seamed to really verify vaccine cards

went to Foo Fighters Msg late June, few days later the last Islander game @ nassau coliseum.... both gigs stated you needed to prove vaccinations...it was a total joke.

I coulda flashed a Chinese food menu & they wouldn’t give a shit.

I guess it depends where you are

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Single 3 day GA up for around face plus fees on Ohana TM exchange. 

edit: gone
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    yost820yost820 Posts: 1
    Is there any way to set a price alert on the Ohana TM exchange? Or do you just keep checking the listing? Unfortunately released my tickets when the event was postponed, didn't think I'd still be living in SoCal for the new date, and Ohana lines up with my 30th birthday...couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than with PJ and Brandi Carlile. 
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    caution has been thrown to the wind....hotels and flights booked from the great white north ! ! ! ! 

STOKED !
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    Appears to be a waitlist opened up (apologies if posted already)
    https://ohanafest.frontgatetickets.com/waitlist
  • Options
    Appears to be a waitlist opened up (apologies if posted already)
    https://ohanafest.frontgatetickets.com/waitlist
    First I saw of it. Hopefully some can actually find it useful.
  • Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 199
    I just revisited the lineups for the weekend and seeing that Caamp is there Friday...man I wish Friday's lineup would just shift to Sunday and have KOL open for PJ...squeeze Brandi Carlisle in there still too.  She's the only one worth seeing Sunday. I might need to go get a Friday ticket now but MMJ ruins it for me LOL.
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 754
    ianh42 said:
    I just revisited the lineups for the weekend and seeing that Caamp is there Friday...man I wish Friday's lineup would just shift to Sunday and have KOL open for PJ...squeeze Brandi Carlisle in there still too.  She's the only one worth seeing Sunday. I might need to go get a Friday ticket now but MMJ ruins it for me LOL.
    If you have never listened to Brian Fallon, you should. I have no idea what I am doing between him and Pearl Jam (besides drinking too much and then wondering why I drank so much the next day and telling myself I am not going to do that again).
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,836
    edited July 2021
    If you buy a ticket thru the ticket exchange can you then resell the same ticket on the exchange?

edit: considering putting my name in the hat on the waitlist but don't want to get stuck w/ two tickets for the same day
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    If you buy a ticket thru the ticket exchange can you then resell the same ticket on the exchange?

edit: considering putting my name in the hat on the waitlist but don't want to get stuck w/ two tickets for the same day
    Yes. I have the option to sell mine that I got on the exchange. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,836
    PJNB said:
    jjflash said:

Yes. I have the option to sell mine that I got on the exchange. 
    Thanks for the feedback @PJNB :sunglasses: 
    I just dug thru the 'My Account' page and, you're right, they can be resold on the exchange
  • Options
    huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited July 2021
    kaw753 said:
    ianh42 said:
    If you have never listened to Brian Fallon, you should. I have no idea what I am doing between him and Pearl Jam (besides drinking too much and then wondering why I drank so much the next day and telling myself I am not going to do that again).
    Sharon Van Etten, Yola and Jade Bird are going to fully be worth a listen....my daughter turned me onto Jade Bird.  I think the kids of the band members had a decent influence on this year's line up.... I have seen Maggie Rogers, who plays on Saturday night, twice with my daughter (Fox Theater and Greek Theater in the Bay Area)...We will be entertained for sure....I love the wide ranging musical snapshot that these three days are going to be....If we all go in with the "If it meets Ed's criteria" mindset, I think we will enjoy ourselves.
  • Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    kaw753 said:
    ianh42 said:
    Sharon Van Etten, Yola and Jade Bird are going to fully be worth a listen....my daughter turned me onto Jade Bird.  I think the kids of the band members had a decent influence on this year's line up.... I have seen Maggie Rogers, who plays on Saturday night, twice with my daughter (Fox Theater and Greek Theater in the Bay Area)...We will be entertained for sure....I love the wide ranging musical snapshot that these three days are going to be....If we all go in with the "If it meets Ed's criteria" mindset, I think we will enjoy ourselves.
    I saw Jade Bird and Sharon Van Etten at Sea.hear.now 2019. I enjoyed both of their performances more than Brandi Carlisle's set at SHN 2018. Really looking forward to all 3 at Ohana.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Yola is awesome. We were absolutely blown away when we saw her in the summer of 2019.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 199
    kaw753 said:
    ianh42 said:
    I will check out Brian Fallon and will join you for some great beers.  I'm thinking cornhole or some other activities will be needed Sunday afternoon! Now starting to worry though whether Ohana will happen if this pandemic explodes again.  Big setbacks and now Los Angeles is going back to a mask mandate this weekend. This is such crap!
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,569
    If we have to stop our lives again because people refuse to get the cure for this thing I might lose it. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    It’s becoming pretty obvious that the US won’t be lifting it’s travel ban anytime soon, so I’m pretty bummed out.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ComeToTX said:
    If we have to stop our lives again because people refuse to get the cure for this thing I might lose it. 
    Me too
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 727
    A few weeks ago, September 24 seemed just around the corner. Now it suddenly feels so far away… 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)