Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 174
    @pjpitt89 thanks for the update. I’m planning on flying into Santa Ana. Starting to look at the Laguna area for lodging. I don’t think I’ll do the shuttle. Laguna isn’t too far. I figure there will be some way for me to get to Doheny. 
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 583
    It’s been a few days - can someone please post an optimistic comment about this event going ahead?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited April 2021
    I got nothing lol aside from the positive news from the vaccines the last couple of days.
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    matt84 said:
    It’s been a few days - can someone please post an optimistic comment about this event going ahead?

Countless festivals in the USA are planned for earlier in Sept or just after in October. If those go ahead, why wouldn't Ohana? Roger Goodelll expects NFL stadiums to be full for the start of season, beginnig of Sept.
    Plus I just go another payment taken on my lay away tickets for this festival, not that that is any indication of the show actually occurring.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I am hopeful that it will take place....one possible hurdle to clear would be getting state approval since the festival site is California state property.
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    I hope if Ohana goes on that PJ plays two nights instead of Ed solo one night.  Ed is great, but I would always prefer to see the band.
    Nice idea 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    This can’t be real:
    https://chipandco.com/no-screaming-allowed-on-coasters-in-california-423394/

if you can’t yell or scream on a rollercoaster, how can concerts possibly happen?
    Might be the most ridiculous protocol yet 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • CO278952 said:
    This can’t be real:
    https://chipandco.com/no-screaming-allowed-on-coasters-in-california-423394/

if you can’t yell or scream on a rollercoaster, how can concerts possibly happen?
    Might be the most ridiculous protocol yet 
    Yes. They came out I think the next day and clarified
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    chitty said:
    matt84 said:

Countless festivals in the USA are planned for earlier in Sept or just after in October. If those go ahead, why wouldn't Ohana? Roger Goodelll expects NFL stadiums to be full for the start of season, beginnig of Sept.
    Plus I just go another payment taken on my lay away tickets for this festival, not that that is any indication of the show actually occurring.
    This is a bit of a reach but if we’re looking for optimism, they could have postponed this festival along with the Euro tour, but they didn’t.  It’s on until it isn’t...
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    What's the reach, NFL stadiums? Commissioner Roger Goodell: NFL expects to have full stadiums for 2021 season

Of course that is all hopefuly and Ohana fest has to take in other factors such as international travellers to name one. That being said, so would Bonnaroo, ACL, Outside Lands Fest. All festivals planning to occur. Of course vaccine effectiveness and roll out is the key to have any of the above happen. I am optimistic, until it is cancelled.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    MLB announced yesterday that they expect to be able to have stadiums at full capacity midway through the season.   That may not happen, but they would not say that flippantly, they talk to people who know about stuff.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    I'll admit, I finally bit on buying a weekend pass. Had a hotel room reserved since the news of rescheduling, flights aren't too bad to Orange County... just hope that while venues are ready to open up, things are safe and state mandates aren't necessary by September.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Maybe I am overthinking this, but if they allow the event to happen with a reduced capacity, and ticket sales already exceed that capacity, how will they determine who gets to keep their tickets and who gets a refund?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Maybe I am overthinking this, but if they allow the event to happen with a reduced capacity, and ticket sales already exceed that capacity, how will they determine who gets to keep their tickets and who gets a refund?
    They ll probably send out some sort of questionnaire.  If your favorite album is yield or no code then you are automatically in.  If your favorite album is riot act then you are automatically refunded your money.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Won’t happen. Events being held at reduced capacity have all been ticketed after the start of the pandemic. 
    PB11041 said:
    MLB announced yesterday that they expect to be able to have stadiums at full capacity midway through the season.   That may not happen, but they would not say that flippantly, they talk to people who know about stuff.  
    Absolutely not what Manfred said. His exact quote was “I hope by midsummer that we have ballparks that are unrestricted and that we have full fan access.”  Hope does not equal expect. Everyone in the entertainment and sports industry are hoping for things to open up. They have no idea what to fully expect. 

Now it’s possible some jurisdictions will allow it but in Los Angeles, that would be very hard to see by June. I am a Dodger season ticket holder and they have already mapped out our situation through June 2. Obviously they are hoping to get as many people as possible in for June and July but it’s very unlikely to be above the 67% mark that is allowed under the next CA tier. Of course, it could still be a level below that. 
    Newsom;’s office today on the return of events:

"California will still be one of the most restrictive states in the country," Dee Dee Myers, senior advisor to Gov. Gavin Newsom and director of the Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development, added in a phone call with reporters. "And we’ll continue to move very slowly and cautiously, but moving with some transparency toward more allowable activity."

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    mcgruff10 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    They ll probably send out some sort of questionnaire.  If your favorite album is yield or no code then you are automatically in.  If your favorite album is riot act then you are automatically refunded your money.  
    Lol, classic @mcgruff10 right there.  Since mine is Yield I would be safe. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Lol, classic @mcgruff10 right there.  Since mine is Yield I would be safe. 
    Dude we are there! I ll bring the beer, you bring the Tim Horton’s.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I would think the fair way to settle this is to go by the date of sale of the ticket. I purchased mine pre-covid. If others are just buying an Ohana ticket just in the past 3 months, their ticket could be canceled if a possible capacity max has been reached in order to hold the concert.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
    chitty said:
    What's the reach, NFL stadiums? Commissioner Roger Goodell: NFL expects to have full stadiums for 2021 season

Of course that is all hopefuly and Ohana fest has to take in other factors such as international travellers to name one. That being said, so would Bonnaroo, ACL, Outside Lands Fest. All festivals planning to occur. Of course vaccine effectiveness and roll out is the key to have any of the above happen. I am optimistic, until it is cancelled.
    At the present, the US will only allow int'l visitors into the country if they test negative on a test within 2 or 3 days before arrival, and when they land, they must take another one. So anyone thinking or even dreaming of coming to California for Ohana, need to get that vaccine because Europe has those variants and a possible 4th wave is just about to happen in and around France. So I think a good portion of Int'l ticketholders might not be able to go to Ohana.

JOEJOEJOE said:
    I would think the fair way to settle this is to go by the date of sale of the ticket. I purchased mine pre-covid. If others are just buying an Ohana ticket just in the past 3 months, their ticket could be canceled if a possible capacity max has been reached in order to hold the concert.
    chitty said:

At the present, the US will only allow int'l visitors into the country if they test negative on a test within 2 or 3 days before arrival, and when they land, they must take another one. So anyone thinking or even dreaming of coming to California for Ohana, need to get that vaccine because Europe has those variants and a possible 4th wave is just about to happen in and around France. So I think a good portion of Int'l ticketholders might not be able to go to Ohana.
    I don’t think it will happen with reduced capacity.  I also think international travel will have to reopen at least for the vaccinated before large events like this happen.  But who knows. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• matt84matt84 Posts: 583
    I agree. If there’s no international travel, then this event won’t take place.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    it's six months from now! look how far we've come in just a couple months. The concert will absolutely happen. Capacity will be the only question. 
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    Gov. Newsom just said June 15 they're scrapping all the tiers in California fwiw
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    matt84 said:
    I agree. If there’s no international travel, then this event won’t take place.
    Comic Con is having their smaller production in November. It's expected to be regional visitors, CA, and nearby state visitors and capped at 30k. Perhaps Ohana will attract same crowd.

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Gov. Newsom just said June 15 they're scrapping all the tiers in California fwiw
    Just saw this news.  No reason for it not to go on 3 months later.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    Meanwhile in Toronto schools are closing, we have a shutdown, more restrictions on the way, and not nearly enough vaccines for people.  Hopefully it is just a time lag of a few weeks before the vaccination program picks up steam in these parts, but who knows.  

ComeToTX said:
    Just saw this news.  No reason for it not to go on 3 months later.
    June 15 is a target date, not set in stone. So very similar to UK when they set the June 21 date. Of course, here they can wait likely on Ohana to see if/when the restrictions are actually lifted in June. BST could not wait until June to see if restrictions were lifted for July.