Matt Gaetz

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Rep. Matt Gaetz: The swamp is out to drown me with false charges, but I'm not giving up
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i thought his arrest was imminent?

also, did anything come from the press conference given by his former staffer today?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yeah I bet the brakes were pumped on this by DOJ at least Garland we can trust will be fair! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    cutz said:
    i knew it! i can't remember if i called it in this thread, the gop one, or if that thread was just on twitter....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Apparently Gaetz was the only member of either house to vote against a 2017 anti-human trafficking bill. Literally every representative and every senator voted yes except him, and Trump signed in into law the following month. 

PolitiFact | Yes, Matt Gaetz was the only no vote on 2017 human trafficking bill

Gaetz defending his vote:

WATCH: Matt Gaetz Defends 2017 Vote Against Creating a New Human Trafficking Administrator (msn.com)

Everything he says is typical politician mumbo-jumbo like "And so, in our office, we have a rule. If there is legislation that creates a new government entity, a new agency, a new board, a new commission, a new council, we immediately scrutinize that. Unless there is an overwhelming, compelling reason that our existing agencies in the federal government can’t handle that problem, I vote ‘No.’ Voters in northwest Florida did not send me to Washington to go and create more federal government. If anything, we should be abolishing a lot of the agencies at the federal level — like the Department of Education, like the EPA, and sending that power back to our state governments."

Yeah but when you're the only one to vote against it, and now you're being implicated in that sort of behavior..............
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Apparently Gaetz was the only member of either house to vote against a 2017 anti-human trafficking bill. Literally every representative and every senator voted yes except him, and Trump signed in into law the following month. 

PolitiFact | Yes, Matt Gaetz was the only no vote on 2017 human trafficking bill

WATCH: Matt Gaetz Defends 2017 Vote Against Creating a New Human Trafficking Administrator (msn.com)

Everything he says is typical politician mumbo-jumbo like "And so, in our office, we have a rule. If there is legislation that creates a new government entity, a new agency, a new board, a new commission, a new council, we immediately scrutinize that. Unless there is an overwhelming, compelling reason that our existing agencies in the federal government can’t handle that problem, I vote ‘No.’ Voters in northwest Florida did not send me to Washington to go and create more federal government. If anything, we should be abolishing a lot of the agencies at the federal level — like the Department of Education, like the EPA, and sending that power back to our state governments."

Yeah but when you're the only one to vote against it, and now you're being implicated in that sort of behavior..............

I'm sure Florida would do just fine if the department of education was abolished. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I'm sure Florida would do just fine if the department of education was abolished. 
    And the EPA. 

Piney Point?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited April 2021
    dankind said:

And the EPA. 

Piney Point?
    "wE nEeD tHe FeD tO sTaY oUt Of OuR bUsInEsS"
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Part of being pardoned is that you're admitting guilt so if true that Gaetz was seeking a pardon covering everything, then he's guilty of everything. 1+1=2 

Falling down,...not staying down
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Kat said:
    Part of being pardoned is that you're admitting guilt so if true that Gaetz was seeking a pardon covering everything, then he's guilty of everything. 1+1=2 

That's true, though I don't know that it would be valuable as prosecutorial evidence unless there's evidence of him telling the administration what he's done. He is a moron, so maybe he said "Hey, I've been trafficking kids, can you just slide me a pardon on January 19?"  I guess I don't know whether a "blanket" pardon that basically says "everything" and names nothing is a thing, but if so, he may not have admitted to anything in particular. Then it's "why did you request a blanket pardon?" "Because I knew the Deep State would be fabricating stuff against me because I am the greatest Trump suck-up."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    to be completely honest, i do not believe that gaetz believes he was "trafficking kids".

i believe that gaetz believes he was "traveling with chicks to party with".

i think he sought a pardon to cover up for stealing money from the campaign to fund these activities.

i say the above because gaetz seems like a late 30s bro that never grew up and matured, so he seems like the type to refer to women as "chicks".

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    i say the above because gaetz seems like a late 30s bro that never grew up and matured, so he seems like the type to refer to women as "chicks".
    His idol is probably Dave Wooderson.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    tbergs said:
    His idol is probably Dave Wooderson.
    19 Of The Best All Right All Right All Right Jokes In Reaction To  Matthew McConaughey Becoming A Full-Time Professor At UT
    Kat said:
    lol this scene didn't age too well....

It sure didn't and all the fathers (and mothers) of young daughters today know what kind of creepy predator is out there and how it wasn't condemned enough way back when. I do think that scene came across as creepy though and the other guy said something about him going to jail. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I have two daughters and still think that is funny as hell. of course it was creepy; it was funny in the delivery and the outright creepiness of it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Bahama Mamas? Oh dear. And I ain’t talking shirts.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/matt-gaetz-joel-greenberg-plea-deal/2021/04/08/a1da46ca-965d-11eb-b28d-bfa7bb5cb2a5_story.html

ORLANDO — An associate of Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) who had been charged with sex trafficking of a minor and was suspected of connecting the congressmen to women with whom he could have sex is in plea negotiations to resolve the allegations against him, according to his lawyer and a prosecutor on the case, a potentially ominous sign for Gaetz if the associate ultimately cooperates with prosecutors in a bid for leniency.

Joel Greenberg, the former tax collector for Seminole County, Fla., had first been charged last summer in a bare-bones indictment that prosecutors repeatedly superseded to add charges of sex trafficking of a minor, stealing from the tax office and even trying to use fraud to get covid-19 relief money while out on bond. In the course of the investigation into his conduct, people familiar with the matter have said, federal authorities came across evidence that Gaetz might have committed a crime and launched a separate investigation into him.

At a status conference in the case Thursday, federal prosecutor Roger Handberg told a judge he expected the case to end in a plea, though negotiations are ongoing. Fritz Scheller, an attorney for Greenberg, asked the judge to set a deadline of May 15 for the two sides to either reach a deal, or move toward a trial in the summer.

It was not immediately clear how far the negotiations had gotten, or to what extent a plea agreement would require Greenberg to cooperate with investigators. If prosecutors were to get Greenberg on their side as a cooperator, it is possible he could help bolster the case against Gaetz, a higher-profile target. A person who pleads guilty in a criminal case can often lessen their potential penalty by providing information that might be helpful to investigators in other matters.

Gaetz, known for his fierce allegiance to former president Donald Trump, would boast to people in Florida politics that he met women through Greenberg, and he also showed them videos on his phone of naked or topless women on multiple occasions, including at parties with Greenberg, people familiar with the matter have said.

Greenberg had been a colorful political player in Seminole County, where he unseated a longtime incumbent in the race for tax collector, won a political battle to allow his deputies to carry guns on the job and flaunted his connections to prominent Republicans.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I hope they live stream his arrest. 

and maybe they'll cut to Boebert holding a sign "I still stand with Matt!". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I hope they live stream his arrest. 

and maybe they'll cut to Boebert holding a sign "I still stand with Matt!". 
    With two AR15’s strapped to her back!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    #SAVETHECHILDREN!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/matt-gaetz-joel-greenberg-plea-deal/2021/04/08/a1da46ca-965d-11eb-b28d-bfa7bb5cb2a5_story.html

ORLANDO — An associate of Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) who had been charged with sex trafficking of a minor and was suspected of connecting the congressmen to women with whom he could have sex is in plea negotiations to resolve the allegations against him, according to his lawyer and a prosecutor on the case, a potentially ominous sign for Gaetz if the associate ultimately cooperates with prosecutors in a bid for leniency.

Joel Greenberg, the former tax collector for Seminole County, Fla., had first been charged last summer in a bare-bones indictment that prosecutors repeatedly superseded to add charges of sex trafficking of a minor, stealing from the tax office and even trying to use fraud to get covid-19 relief money while out on bond. In the course of the investigation into his conduct, people familiar with the matter have said, federal authorities came across evidence that Gaetz might have committed a crime and launched a separate investigation into him.

At a status conference in the case Thursday, federal prosecutor Roger Handberg told a judge he expected the case to end in a plea, though negotiations are ongoing. Fritz Scheller, an attorney for Greenberg, asked the judge to set a deadline of May 15 for the two sides to either reach a deal, or move toward a trial in the summer.

It was not immediately clear how far the negotiations had gotten, or to what extent a plea agreement would require Greenberg to cooperate with investigators. If prosecutors were to get Greenberg on their side as a cooperator, it is possible he could help bolster the case against Gaetz, a higher-profile target. A person who pleads guilty in a criminal case can often lessen their potential penalty by providing information that might be helpful to investigators in other matters.

Gaetz, known for his fierce allegiance to former president Donald Trump, would boast to people in Florida politics that he met women through Greenberg, and he also showed them videos on his phone of naked or topless women on multiple occasions, including at parties with Greenberg, people familiar with the matter have said.

Greenberg had been a colorful political player in Seminole County, where he unseated a longtime incumbent in the race for tax collector, won a political battle to allow his deputies to carry guns on the job and flaunted his connections to prominent Republicans.

Someone at my place of work that is a conservative that believes demonic elites are sucking blood and pedophiles and who claims to be against pedophilia, is saying Geatz is just getting smeared and that 17 isn’t pedophilia. It’s crazy.  I mean it’s Texas, but wtf everything t he y accuse the other side of doing ends up coming back on them and the supporters keep on buying their shit.  We are hopeless as a nation folks 75million idiots every single one
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:

Someone at my place of work that is a conservative that believes demonic elites are sucking blood and pedophiles and who claims to be against pedophilia, is saying Geatz is just getting smeared and that 17 isn’t pedophilia. It’s crazy.  I mean it’s Texas, but wtf everything t he y accuse the other side of doing ends up coming back on them and the supporters keep on buying their shit.  We are hopeless as a nation folks 75million idiots every single one
    You’re telling me?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:

You’re telling me?
    Pretty sure that you already know, you’ve been somewhat vocal a time or two.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

You’re telling me?
    Pretty sure that you already know, you’ve been somewhat vocal a time or two.
    It was an exaggerated incredulousness. But sincere and full of incredulity giving way to resignation. Deplorable.

Brilliantati©
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Gaetz Paid Accused Sex Trafficker, Who Then Venmo’d Teen

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) in 2018 paid an accused sex trafficker who later sent the same amount of cash to teen girls, according to a report from The Daily Beast.

Gaetz sent two Venmo transactions amounting to $900 to accused sex trafficker Joel Greenberg in May 2018. He labeled the first transaction “test” and the second transaction “hit up _____,” with the alleged nickname of a young woman. 

Greenberg later sent money to three girls labeled as “Tuition,” “School” and “School" that totaled $900

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/547280-gaetz-paid-accused-sex-trafficker-who-later-sent-same-amount-of-cash-to-teen