Matt Gaetz

2»

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 11,063
    I don’t know much of anything about Gaetz, but as long as this kid has been well cared for and isn’t/wasn’t being abused it’s none of my business, and I don’t really get all the fuss. 

And it’s not uncommon for single people to adopt these days. This isn’t the ‘50s. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 21,365
    edited June 20
    I don’t know much of anything about Gaetz, but as long as this kid has been well cared for and isn’t/wasn’t being abused it’s none of my business, and I don’t really get all the fuss. 

And it’s not uncommon for single people to adopt these days. This isn’t the ‘50s. 
    Thanks, often. Granted I don’t know anything about Gaetz but some of these insinuations are a bit off-putting...at least to me. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 10,090

He wasn't adopted....that's kind of the point here.

Supposedly this kid lived with him since he was 12.  Not adopted.
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 11,063

So? What’s the relevance, if he’s being cared for? There are many legal hurdles to formal adoption. 

And my comment on adoption specifically was for the posters questioning a single person adopting. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

So? What’s the relevance, if he’s being cared for? There are many legal hurdles to formal adoption. 

And my comment on adoption specifically was for the posters questioning a single person adopting. 
    So maybe I'm out of the loop? Maybe Nestor's mom shacked up with Gaetz and then took off leaving her 12 year old son with him?

Gaetz recently called himself a "step-dad" which is odd.  

But if you can't see what the relevance is here I don't know that I need to draw it out for you.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 18,128
    here is what I can see. its a convenient distraction that boosts his name recognition..... and a backhanded way to push BLM and associated issues off the front page.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 7,653
    I’ve never heard of a single man adopting a young man like this! 
    Not sure if you're  joking but before same sex couples could legally marry it was nearly impossible for a gay person to share benefits with a partner.
    So older gay men found a work around by adopting their younger lovers.
    edited June 22

Pictures of Gaetz and Galban began popping up on Thursday from the congressman's family and former colleagues. Jose Felix Diaz, a former state legislator who served with Gaetz, tweeted that the congressman had dated Galban's sister. "When that kid lost his mom... he stepped up. Plain and simple. He has been an outstanding role model & mentor for Nestor and anyone that served with Matt knows this great kid," Diaz wrote.

In an interview with People, Gaetz said Galban has been living with him for most of the time he's been in the U.S., about four years, before he went to Miami to live with his biological father. Gaetz told People that when Galban turned 18, he moved back in with him. While Gaetz has not formally adopted Galban, he said, "he is my son in every conceivable way, and I can't imagine loving him any more if he was my own flesh and blood."

If this is true I completely accept it...no reason not to believe it at this point.  Still odd in the sense that the kid's father is in Miami and he lived with him until recently.

Post edited by Gern Blansten on