Comments

• RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Cool video.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675
    demetrios said:
    Does every picture of Greta feature her scowling?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,871
    Great video
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    Just watched. Wow. Heavy. Beautiful and sad. A stark reminder the responsibility we hold.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Why? Are they purposely trying to not sell a lot of albums?

Seven O'clock and Quick Escape. Bang. Done. Those are your singles. Retrograde is an okay song but not one of the better ones on the album.

I really question the marketing of Gigaton.
    When is the last time they had singles for the best songs?
    The last album. The album before that, except for Johnny Guitar. The album before that one. The album before that one....etcetera
    Huh? Johnny Guitar as a single? This is about singles/ songs my parents would hear if they didn’t have an album. The Fixer was a single but was it the best song off Backspacer?  This is an individual question but I’d say Inside Job was the best song off PJ, Unthought Known off Backspacer, Maybe Mind your Manners of LB but I prefer LB better especially live, and numerous ones on Gigaton over Retrograde although I do love this song, but it’s No. 5 for me 
    Inside Job is one of the most overrated Pearl Jam songs ever. Johnny Guitar is brilliant. I said it wasn't a single but IT DAMN WELL SHOULD'VE BEEN.

You don't know what you're talking about, you three legged monkey loving, pants licking, door knobbing, pea brain. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Great song, terrible video.
  • ICDragonsICDragons Posts: 39
    I really feel sorry for that girl.  Vedder should write a new Bee Girl song for Greta.  I wish I could stare into a crystal ball and see her smiling someday.  Its hard to watch someone so focused on a problem that most likely will never be solved.
  • aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 863
    ICDragons said:
    I really feel sorry for that girl.  Vedder should write a new Bee Girl song for Greta.  I wish I could stare into a crystal ball and see her smiling someday.  Its hard to watch someone so focused on a problem that most likely will never be solved.
    It's ironic, how grim you sound when you are doing the "she should really smile more" thing. Your attitude regarding climate change is the opposite of inspiring.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • ElEl Posts: 139
    The clip has for me a 90's feel, I dont really know exactly why...

I like it! 
    Music is what feelings sound like.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    edited May 2020
    I was just thinking the other day while sitting in my basement and waiting for a pandemic to claim my family that I wasn’t spending enough time contemplating how my family will either drown or be consumed by massive fires if they make it a few more years. 

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited May 2020
    This is why the video has a 90's feel.  They used the Enya filter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTrk4X9ACtw
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • ShanKathyShanKathy Posts: 314

I like the video and this song. Lyrics and images both hopeless “Seven seas are raising Forever futures fading out”, and hopeful “Hear the sound In the distance, now Could be thunder Or a crowd” with the ghostly image of Greta, and asking the world to rise up to the challenge “It's gonna take much more than ordinary love To lift this up”. The image of a man alone in a shop at an empty strip mall, trying to see into the future with the crystal ball and tarot cards seems to eerily echo our current situation under lockdown. Makes me wonder if this video was made in the last few months.

I really appreciate the variety of art and artists that they have used to promote this record and share their music and message. It has been so well thought out, with so many of the art pieces echoing each other. I have thoroughly enjoyed this album and their collaboration with other artists.

• ShanKathyShanKathy Posts: 314
    Jason P said:
    I was just thinking the other day while sitting in my basement and waiting for a pandemic to claim my family that I wasn’t spending enough time contemplating how my family will either drown or be consumed by massive fires if they make it a few more years. 

😂
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited May 2020
    ICDragons said:
    I feel sorry for you. You candy-eyed, liver-spotted, marble-muncher .
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    aurynsdad said:
    ICDragons said:
    It's ironic, how grim you sound when you are doing the "she should really smile more" thing. Your attitude regarding climate change is the opposite of inspiring.
    The music video was grim too though. Seems like he has the same attitude regarding climate change as Pearl Jam.  

As for this girl smiling or not smiling, it's likely due to her Asperger's diagnosis. People with that actually do struggle with "properly" smiling, along with eye-contact and other stuff to that nature. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    When does Greta show up?  I got tired of watching and stopped.  While the video and the song are not for me, I'm really excited that they are doing these videos, etc.  Because I am certain others like them and more PJ is always better.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,436
    edited May 2020
    ^ Also, we, the PJ generation and those before us, stole her youth! She should be enjoying being a child, at home and not trying to persevere through the wicked problems her generation was unceremoniously presented with.

As for the grim video, I agree Jason, it's kinda like being kicked while down.
  • byrn3535byrn3535 Posts: 127
    If anyone is interested here's my Retrograde video breakdown. Now give us one for Take the Long Way and my Gigaton world will be complete lol.

Byrn, (bye - earn)
    "I wanna live my life with the volume full"
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    People have told me that I should smile more.

My response: Go fuck yourself.

I should really save myself some time and have that printed on a t-shirt.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    edited May 2020
    Arguably, Quick Escape is the best song on the album and supposedly was released to radio.  I wonder if it didn't get any plays because of the Trump line?  There is absolutely no explanation why Quick Escape didn't get quickly added to Rock radio and rise to #1......like easily.  There has to be some political/business reason behind this and its time we go down the rabbit hole to find out.  Stay tuned.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    how dare you!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,778
    Greta  is technically a child ( being a minor) it’s ok to attack them ( as long as they are out of the womb)

She should have started her campaign in utero.... the right would lose their shit

• Where do we get Pearl Jam tarot cards? Surely there must be some kind of online customise tarot card generator?

• demetrios said:
    Me too, I love the pearl jam tarot cards!
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,875
    edited May 2020
    Poncier said:
    demetrios said:
    Does every picture of Greta feature her scowling?
    I think it's because she is really not happy with the current state of affairs... go Greta!
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,875
    edited May 2020
    aurynsdad said:
    ICDragons said:
    Yeah, what @aurynsdadsaid!
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on