demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,306
edited May 2020 in The Porch
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    Nice and unexpected! :sunglasses:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited May 2020
    Why? Are they purposely trying to not sell a lot of albums?

Seven O'clock and Quick Escape. Bang. Done. Those are your singles. Retrograde is an okay song but not one of the better ones on the album.

I really question the marketing of Gigaton.
    www.myspace.com
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    In another post, people said Retrograde was getting some time on radio 
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770

Seven O'clock and Quick Escape. Bang. Done. Those are your singles. Retrograde is an okay song but not one of the better ones on the album.

When is the last time they had singles for the best songs?
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16

When is the last time they had singles for the best songs?
    The last album. The album before that, except for Johnny Guitar. The album before that one. The album before that one....etcetera
    www.myspace.com
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Retrogrades been on the radio here.  

One of my fav songs on the album.  
    KM73780 said:
    In another post, people said Retrograde was getting some time on radio 
    Boggles my mind. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but man...I'd really be pushing Quick Escape and 7 if I were them. Two of their better songs of the last couple decades IMO..
    www.myspace.com
    Quick escape was a single like two months ago
    Dance of the Clairvoyants — great song on its own but also one that generates buzz.  Smart first choice in hind site.  

Superblood Wolfmoon— not sure why it was a single

Quick Escape — best rock song on the album.  Would've also worked well as the first single. 

Retrograde — i personally love the song.  Hearing the ending on the radio is so cool.  
    Quick escape was a single like two months ago
    Yeah you are right. I guess I am not understanding why Retrograde gets a separate video and Quick Escape did not. Doesn't that tell you they are putting more of an effort to get Retrograde out to the masses than they did for Quick Escape?
    www.myspace.com
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    I’m stoked for this - love this song ...
  • trentktrentk Posts: 62
    edited May 2020
    Why not Quick Escape?
    Post edited by trentk on
  • Where is the Never Destination love?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,696
     I personally love this song. One of my favorites on the album. I can't wait to see the video.
    Where is the Never Destination love?
    I really like Never Destination. Don't think it's single worthy though. Do you?
    www.myspace.com
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    edited May 2020
    Quick Escape did not get a proper single release and was definitely not promoted to radio.  I believe it was only a "taste of the new album" single to promote the album around the release date.  No $ behind it.  

With Retrograde, they are obviously going for the cross-over appeal to actually sell the new album to people outside the fanatics.  Marketing 101 here.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    Whoever Said. Nuff said!

7 o'clock is too long for radio. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,782
    Dance of the Clairvoyants — great song on its own but also one that generates buzz.  Smart first choice in hind site.  

Quick Escape — best rock song on the album.  Would've also worked well as the first single. 

Retrograde — i personally love the song.  Hearing the ending on the radio is so cool.  
    SBWM is a great rock song and is doing well on rock radio. It's been climbing every week
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

SBWM is a great rock song and is doing well on rock radio. It's been climbing every week
    Agree with both of you on this. Dance and SBWM are excellent radio choices. Peoples taste in music has clearly changed over the years. 
    Case in point: Yield, one of the most accessible albums with good hits and I don't think it sold that well on radio. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,700
    edited May 2020
    "sell albums" for a 30 year old band. Radio too. lol

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    TJ25487 said:
    igotid88 said:

Agree with both of you on this. Dance and SBWM are excellent radio choices. Peoples taste in music has clearly changed over the years. 
    Case in point: Yield, one of the most accessible albums with good hits and I don't think it sold that well on radio. 
    Given to Fly and Wishlist got a ton of radio play back then though. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Love retrograde and super excited.  But man I can’t believe they didn’t push harder with Quick Escape
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    TJ25487 said:
    igotid88 said:

Also can you imagine how much more of a monster that album would've been had they made videos for those two songs? DTE was cool but that was never going to be a huge smash hit. 
    www.myspace.com
    igotid88 said:

i hear DOTC and Retrograde a lot more.  i've heard Superblood once
    igotid88 said:

i hear DOTC and Retrograde a lot more.  i've heard Superblood once
    Where are you located? I don't hear any in NYC 
    I miss igotid88
    TJ25487 said:
    igotid88 said:

They got a fair amount of spins in Vegas but nothing to write home about. There are some good fan made videos on youtube of both songs but not that many hits unfortunately. 12M for Wishlist and a few mil for GTF. 
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    igotid88 said:

They got a fair amount of spins in Vegas but nothing to write home about. There are some good fan made videos on youtube of both songs but not that many hits unfortunately. 12M for Wishlist and a few mil for GTF. 
    Philly area here. '98 radio was flooded with those two songs and then Last Kiss shortly thereafter....
    www.myspace.com
    TJ25487 said:
    igotid88 said:

Given to Fly was #1 on Alternative radio. Wishlist did okay and so did In Hiding
    I miss igotid88