13»

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    The Rage show in Minneapolis I had a ticket to has been rescheduled to JULY 2, 2021!!! That’s right 2021!!

Sorry but I’m not going to sit on a $150 ticket for another 14 months.

Got to respect Sturgill Simpson for being realistic and just pulling the plug on his tour.

Now waiting on Guns N Roses...
    Why would you not want an option where fans get to keep there tickets that want to and those that want refunds can get a refund. Thats what Rage is doing. That is what Pearl Jam is doing. If Sturgill Simpson books the same tour for next year and you have to go through the ticketing process again how is that any better than posting the new dates now like Rage did? 
    Will shows even be happening next year? No one knows, and that’s the reality of the situation. It might be 2022 before large gatherings are allowed.

Cancel the dates, let people have their money back.
    I get what you are saying about who knows when we will have shows again. If they were not allowing refunds and holding money with no date or a date that was questionable I would agree with what you are saying but this is not the case. You seem to be ignoring the important fact that you can get a refund if you choose to and those that want to keep their tickets can do so as well. Canceling the shows as the policy stands today does more harm than good imo since we would all have to go through the ticketing process which is a huge pain in the ass. Here is to hoping for shows in early 2021. 
    I’m not overlooking getting a refund. Requested one for my Rage tickets last night. I believe the majority of people (those not on band fan club forums) would prefer to have their money back now, than wait another year, maybe two years to go to a 2 hour concert. 

Between 4 shows, I had over $1500 tied up, not including travel costs for one. Again, the majority of people are probably not ok with allowing their money to be indefinitely tied up in something that may or may not happen anytime soon. 

IMO, the only reason shows are not being cancelled is so the promoters and brokers (AEG, Live Nation, Stubhub, etc) can sit on your money to float their operations a bit longer. We are basically giving them interest free loans. I’m not ok with that.

As for having to go through the “ticket process” again, I’m fine with that. I’m sure the artists who actually care about their fans can/will be able to figure out a way to give those who had tickets cancelled the ability to repurchase tickets when they hit the hit again in 2027.

Again if you want a refund get one. If you do not want a refund keep your tickets. I am not getting your thought process on this at all. Nobody has their money indefinitely tied up that wants a refund. The last month and a half? Sure. Ticketmaster drug their feet on this for sure but now that is not an excuse that works imo. 
    I’m not getting it either.  Maybe people want the refund AND the shows cancelled so they can have their money back AND get another shot at tickets for the rescheduled show.  🤷🏼‍♂️
    BINGO!!!! Like I said in my earlier post. Just because someone is looking to get a refund doesn't necessarily mean they don't want to go the show eventually. They just might be in a more dire situation financially right now is all. 
    So isn’t the solution to just ask for a refund? And allow the ones who want to hang on to their tickets do that as well?  Seems like the solution that makes everyone happy. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    MF117973 said:
    CarisaJ said:
    PJNB said:
    Why would you not want an option where fans get to keep there tickets that want to and those that want refunds can get a refund. Thats what Rage is doing. That is what Pearl Jam is doing. If Sturgill Simpson books the same tour for next year and you have to go through the ticketing process again how is that any better than posting the new dates now like Rage did? 

Totally agreeing! I understand that people want / need their money back. But if you have the possibility for either a refund or to keep the tickets why would you want a cancellation of a tour and ruin it for those people who rather keep their tickets?
    It's not about wanting to ruin it for other people as more as it would be trying to be fair for everyone. Just because there are people who need that money now, doesn't mean they don't want to see the show when new dates are announced. They just want to be able to use that money to survive during this rough patch.

Look at it this way, If a high percentage of people choose to get refunds, how will those tickets be re-distributed and to who? Would someone who's not in the fan club actually have a chance to get a fan club ticket now because it would be sold through the F2F platform?? I would imagine that would be the case, which is not cool in my book. 

Personally I know there were a ton of long time fan club members who missed out entirely on their show selections during the initial fan club sale who had to resort to getting their tickets through the general public sale. If the band doesn't cancel the tour and start the ticketing process over again at a later date, it's those fans who end up getting screwed if you ask me. 
    I see both sides and I fully understand that people need money now. But holy shit - this was the toughest ticket process I have been through in the 30+ years I have been going to concerts. I know for some people they were easily able to get tickets for multiple shows. But for those of us with Baltimore and MSG tickets many of us feel lucky to just to be able to get in the building. I don’t want to risk losing those tickets and going through that extremely stressful process all over again. I don’t know the best course of action that would make everyone happy. But I hope that those of us who want to keep our existing tickets get to keep them and those that don’t can get a refund now. 
    You must of not attempted to get PJ20 tickets then because that was the toughest ticketing process I've ever been through in all of my years. Taking close to eight hours of constantly hitting F5 on my computer until tickets popped up was mentally exhausting. I'm sure you were stressed about whether or not you would get your lottery choices, but this ticketing process was a breeze compared to the PJ20 scenario. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,475
    PeterED said:

I don’t see it that way. Nobody is getting screwed. You know WOULD get screwed if they cancelled then rebooked? People who won the lottery this time.
    Agreed ^
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    edited May 2020
    I just got my refund for Baltimore. I requested it several days before TM updated their policy. The refund took about two weeks to post to my account. 
    Post edited by pearldavidson on
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Well I for one would like to know how the refunded 10c tickets will be redistributed back out. Will they be offered back exclusively to fan club members or will they be sold on the F2F platform for anyone who wants them? Hopefully it's not the latter as that would be a travesty if that happened.

Maybe once 10c has all of the refunded tickets, they can first offer what they have for each show to the 10c members who put in request for those shows during the initial sale but struck out. Kind of like a second chance sale where 10c could send an e-mail to all who are eligible to participate and ask them to confirm whether they want to be entered into the ticket redraw or not. Those who want in, get a chance to score a pair of tickets ahead of them being offered to the greater 10c community. Then announce an on sale date for whatever tickets are remaining and make it on a first come, first serve basis. 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    edited May 2020
    Good points but we likely have to imagine this will not get communicated in any way to the fans, until just before whatever it is to happen is to happen.  Pearl jam is a lot of things (a lot!) but one area they really are deficient in is communication with their fans on touring/ticketing plans in advance.
    Think of how the trend the recent years has been to only announce one portion of something at a time.
    Everyone books for Europe to make sure they see them....and then they announce some spring dates.
    The indication is that they will play fall dates in NA, but why share the cities or timeframe in advance?   Let everyone book to NY or Seattle or LA....hey we may go closer to where they live in the fall.  :(
    Oh, by the way, we have a child's toy for $35 to sell you, as well?   Viewfinders!!!

I love Pearl Jam, but the way they choose to communicate about some of these things seems aimed directly at getting the most money out of their fans.  Fair, it is a business and they support a lot of people ..but different than what we may expect & I have adjusted those expectations now.

Happy that they are still playing and look forward to seeing when the touring resumes.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    edited May 2020
    I still can't get a refund for the quebec city tickets I sold.  Ticketmaster rep said this over and over again:
    "Please understand your payment is currently on hold while we are waiting to determine if your event is going to be canceled or postponed. In order to provide you with as much information as we can, we have created a portal that will be updated with changes to the status of all impacted events, so feel free to check back often."
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,511
    No f'ing way I'm letting any tickets go back....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Did you buy tickets for a lot of bands/shows?
    Many are not so tough to come by and this could be thousands locked up needlessly.
    I'm not throwing my MSG back but all others go back.  Shit is not getting better anytime soon, IMO, and the money needs to be secured.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Between Guns n' Roses and John Henry, I will probably need to pry my money for those Fenway tickets out of somebody's cold, dead hand.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Many are not so tough to come by and this could be thousands locked up needlessly.
    I'm not throwing my MSG back but all others go back.  Shit is not getting better anytime soon, IMO, and the money needs to be secured.
    4 PJ shows that's what I'm talking about. I  let my 4 Rolling Stones GA go back, those won't be hard to get if they do tour again. 

• Options
    KB82926KB82926 Posts: 60
    Part of these scenarios might be insurance. E.g. If a state is shutdown an insurer might have to cover some of a band’s/promoter’s sunk cost. If they do it voluntarily, they don’t. Some bands are likely seeing how this plays out. 
  • Options
    KB82926 said:
    Part of these scenarios might be insurance. E.g. If a state is shutdown an insurer might have to cover some of a band’s/promoter’s sunk cost. If they do it voluntarily, they don’t. Some bands are likely seeing how this plays out. 
    I can understand that as a potential issue.  Not our issue, but some of them will try to make it so.
  • Options
    4 PJ shows that's what I'm talking about. I  let my 4 Rolling Stones GA go back, those won't be hard to get if they do tour again. 

Makes sense...I am sure with 8 shows that is a good chunk of change and your approach sounds similar to mine.
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,833
    KB82926 said:
    I can understand that as a potential issue.  Not our issue, but some of them will try to make it so.
    Well said. Business always passing it on 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,868
    I requested a refund on April 17.  I was told a refund could take up to 30 days.  I received the refund on May 2.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Saw an updated show date from a band I had tickets to see **tonight** - another one of their shows that was scheduled for this same tour is now scheduled for 2022!!  Two thousand TWENTY-TWO!!!  To be fair, the show is in Europe and the Europe leg was supposed to kick-off 5 months after the US leg ends.  Who knows!  Was only a $20 ticket though so I can sit on it.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Saw an updated show date from a band I had tickets to see **tonight** - another one of their shows that was scheduled for this same tour is now scheduled for 2022!!  Two thousand TWENTY-TWO!!!  To be fair, the show is in Europe and the Europe leg was supposed to kick-off 5 months after the US leg ends.  Who knows!  Was only a $20 ticket though so I can sit on it.
    This time next year the 2022 date might not seem so crazy if we don’t get a vaccine. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited May 2020

Makes sense...I am sure with 8 shows that is a good chunk of change and your approach sounds similar to mine.
    Not 4 Rolling Stone shows...4 GA to one show.....I had 4 PJ, 1 Foos, Ohana, Stones, and Green Day (which hasn't postponed for July but will )
    It IS 8 shows overall though...keeping everything else
  • Options
    Got it 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,518
    MF117973 said:
    CarisaJ said:
    PJNB said:

Totally agreeing! I understand that people want / need their money back. But if you have the possibility for either a refund or to keep the tickets why would you want a cancellation of a tour and ruin it for those people who rather keep their tickets?
    It's not about wanting to ruin it for other people as more as it would be trying to be fair for everyone. Just because there are people who need that money now, doesn't mean they don't want to see the show when new dates are announced. They just want to be able to use that money to survive during this rough patch.

Look at it this way, If a high percentage of people choose to get refunds, how will those tickets be re-distributed and to who? Would someone who's not in the fan club actually have a chance to get a fan club ticket now because it would be sold through the F2F platform?? I would imagine that would be the case, which is not cool in my book. 

Personally I know there were a ton of long time fan club members who missed out entirely on their show selections during the initial fan club sale who had to resort to getting their tickets through the general public sale. If the band doesn't cancel the tour and start the ticketing process over again at a later date, it's those fans who end up getting screwed if you ask me. 
    But for those of us with Baltimore and MSG tickets many of us feel lucky to just to be able to get in the building. I don’t want to risk losing those tickets and going through that extremely stressful process all over again. 
    C'mon, you know you miss the excitement of F5ing!!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    SHZA said:
    MF117973 said:
    CarisaJ said:
    PJNB said:

But for those of us with Baltimore and MSG tickets many of us feel lucky to just to be able to get in the building. I don’t want to risk losing those tickets and going through that extremely stressful process all over again. 
    C'mon, you know you miss the excitement of F5ing!!
    Only if I was as successful at it as you are, refreSHZA😉